Psychology.maintain your best form for Trading

5 things to maintain your best form for Trading

• 1 get enough sleep
  • [2. Stay active by exercising daily
  • [3. Eat well
  • [4. Don’t stop learning, educate yourself
  • [5. Stay inspired
8 Likes

Great advice, I think sleep is one of the easiest things to sacrifice in favour of being in front of the charts.

1 Like

Why everyone needs to read Trading In The Zone, by Mark Douglas.

Easily top 10 trading/finance books ever written, and I have read hundreds.

3 Likes

do you still have a copy

according to me , i think one important thing you missed which is meditation , if you dont do meditation there is no chance to remain cool mind for all time., its my personal opinion , please dont take it anyone personally. thank you

1 Like

yes there is no way to stop learning even though you have good knowledge and experience , if you stop learning the result of your trading can be useless.

2 Likes

Avoid talking with negative people / pessimists.

Demand more fun and rewards from your non-trading / non-working hours.

Make a start on every project you put on your to-do list as soon as you put it there. Then throw the to-do list away and deal with your time management properly.

1 Like

Trading can be really draining for many traders, both mentally and physically because you will have to sit in front of your system for long hours to find ways of making money. It is your responsibility to ensure that you take care of yourself so that you can handle the results of your trades; whether they are positive or negative.

1 Like

Forex trading has got to do a lot with how you feel when doing it and what you expect to achieve from it. If you have a clear mindset, your trading journey becomes easier and smoother. If everything goes in accordance with the trading plan, there is nothing that can stop you from making the kind of profits you want to.

This is absolutely true. All these points apply to any task we do in life. But for trading, I feel some extra efforts need to be done like always be aware about the news in the market and be spontaneous enough to make any changes in the trading strategy, how and when required.

Currently about half way through. Good read for sure!

No way to ignore your 5 points; but I think learning from own trading mistake is another valid point!

Meditation is very important for human psychology. It is possible to take the help of meditation to overcome fear.

1 Like

Trading with confidence and the right mindset is possible when one has the correct psychology. You can be more organized and sorted with a trading plan which works really well for traders.

I would advice sticking to your trading plan is the single best thing you can do to improve your trading mindset. This serves as your road map for the coming trade. It will assist you in deciding on your entry and exit points, position size, and risk-to-reward ratio. You may trust your judgement and maintain psychological security by doing all of the above.

Meditation is so important to build a proper mindset of trading! In my day trading, I always start my day by meditation for 10-15 minutes! It helps me a lot!

Typically, traders overreact and tend to sell off their holdings out of panic. When traders do not allow fear to influence their buy/sell approach, they have a good trading psyche.

Psychology is the most important thing after trading strategy. Even a good strategy can be invalid if we are not psychologically well equipped. Every trader should focus on this aspect.

Thanks for the tips. A proper sleep schedule, appetite and good mental health is really important for traders.

The detachment/distraction is important as mentioned exercise or possibly meditation for some .