Psychology of trading

When I loose on a trade I get frustrated, when I miss a signal o got frastreted, when I don’t get a signal trough trading session i got frustrated.

Controlling your mindset whilst trading is arguably one of the single most important factors. Some easy steps to help with trading and mindset can be:

1. Keep risk management to 1% of your trading account
  2. Never trade capital you cannot afford to lose
  3. Always trade each setup without worrying about winning or losing its a strategy you will not win all the time.
3 Likes

Thank you very much @samuelleach

1 Like

No problem, keeping your risk management low is so key until you start performing consistently within the markets.

2 Likes

I also experience what you experienced. very sad

1 Like

It would be strange to lose money on a trade and not be upset. It is in the order of things. You should not only allow a bad mood to influence your trading.

Learn to reset whenever the feeling creeping in is starting to take over your trading - as then you’re no longer making sound decisions based on analysis and price action, you’re stress trading, revenge trading - call it what you will but it will mess up your account and add further stress to you at that current moment AND when you return.

Realise, look inward at why you are feeling the way you are, recognise it, reassess or get up, move away and relax for a bit before returning and looking at it logically again. Repeat.
I hope the advice people provide helps you, you take it on and improve - it all takes time. Enjoy the journey brother.

3 Likes

I used to be like this it’s taken me a while to just let it go.

1 Like

totally agree :smirk:

as a beginner, i think this is a normal occurrence. but as time passes, you are going to have to not let your emotions get to you. the more frustrated you get, the more likely you would engage in emotions-based trades. good luck mate.

1 Like

When you are frustrated when you miss a signal, recall those times you didn’t miss the signal and you end up in a loss.
When you don’t get a signal, recall those times you got a signal and lost.
When you lose, recall those times that you lost more.

1 Like

Psychotrading Becomes that tool that serves to help us to be disciplined, to Better control and Manage the Emotions that can Hinder and block us, and our “Shield”, in the face of possible Temptations to let ourselves be Overcome by Sensations such as Greed, Impatience, Fear, recklessness, the Ego, the Desire for “Revenge” or Revenge … As necessary as learning, it is “learning” ourselves, Knowing what our Strengths and weaknesses are, and “Educating ourselves” to live with all those Sensations that are Experienced when a real order is placed on the market.

1 Like

Running positions on multiple time-frames and diversified through instruments helps me not get frustrated during mostly idle market-hours.

1 Like

Thank you all for the input and advice I beleave by expressing how I’m feeling it will change my attitude of being worse trader to a better after this topic I’m changing to a better person.

Controlling your mindset whilst trading is arguably one of the single most important factors. Some easy steps to help with trading and mindset can be:

Its worth having a read of my mindset articles here - Introduction To Trading Psychology goes in line with what we are talking about in this topic, and will be posting more to add to it. Reviews frequently of the mindset are important.

2 Likes

Every trader experiences a time in their life when it just doesn’t seem worthwhile. Don’t bow to intimidation. Trading is difficult, but if you practise diligently you can succeed.

1 Like

psychology of trading is simple; You work, you lose, you try, you win

1 Like

I think that cold head is what every trader should have. Patience is a key to success. Sometimes you are ready to give up, but if you think well, you can also find the way out.

Yes, you are absolutely right, patience is very important for the right mindset to trade.

1 Like