Pure Price Action For Dummies

What you are saying appears to be very, very true! Man, I need to try a little harder. If this hour candle would make a doji, is it a complete BPC then?

I understand your problem when you say you identify reasons to not enter a trade. Its like that to me also

Its a Friday.

Price action gets wonky on Fridays and Mondays.

Secondly there is no signal on H4 or even H1, based on candle patterns.

But the BPC on H1 is spot on.

Spot on regarding the statement that entry signal is missing.

Did I miss a day? :wink:

Maybe she meant to say it is end of the month. Tomorrow is Friday.

LOL!

I think I missed a day!

Im thinking its Friday! Was looking forward to the weekend.

Got to work one more day tomorrow!

entry signal is the holy grail

I made one trade this week. EU on Thursday 1 hour before London open. I went long at the top of a range which is a no-no. I didn’t know it was a range at the time. But in hindsight I see I drew the BPC (4hour) at an incorrect point.The previous day was a buy. Still got out with 1 pip so it was a cheap lesson. But still a lesson.

That is not a cheap lesson Blackhand. If you look at your FXCM chart clearly there is no BPC to upside. But down side.

To identify breakout we need a strong bullish or bearish candle which is break a significant level aggressively. See the EU daily or 4H chart at 1.3145/55 area. Draw a line. That is a breakout on 22/02/2013. The 1.3145/55 was a previous support. It break to downside that day. Since then that was a support turned resistance. Then we will wait for a pull back to resistance to continuation. The pull back happened the next days as a bullish daily candle.

See the overall trend is Bearish. Look at weekly, from at top there is Bearish engulfing candle and then a nice pin bar. So we should look only for selling opportunities.

Now we are going to the system rule. If you read the entire thread, you surely noticed about stop losses, waves and buy low sell high things in many post etc. The next chart will show the concept. clearly.

See how the BPC worked in the 4H chart. Remember Never trade against the trend. It needs confirmation and patience.

(Actually it look like hindsight :smiley: If you checked Sam Seiden’s material or Yunny’s posts here in babypips, you will see the concept / my chart is same as them :smiley: Everyone using different names for same pattern. Like Order Flow, Supply/Demand, Impulsive move / Corrective move and BPC etc etc… he he he …)

(To, the experts in these terms, please don’t come to arguements with me. I have no clear idea what are them. I’m just kidding :smiley:

Happy Trading.

I remember why I was thinking long. I was seeing the daily chart bouncing off support. Thanks for steering me in the right direction. Looks like I had the support/resistance line placed incorrectly on the daily.

Yes, that was a support. Why you didn’t buy when a 1H pin bar print at the support? You could have banked 60 pips from the Pin bar. Okey, That’s a good lesson.

Keep learning. :slight_smile:

I was waiting on daily chart to change bias. I didn’t expect the market to range.

All this recent talk of breakout, pullback and continuation has confused the hell out of me.

Salim, what are the thick shaded green bars on your chart? I assumed they were “support and resistance zones” but a good search of this phrase doesn’t seem to bring up anything relevant

EDIT this post from Nikita clears things up a little but still a little confused. Guess I need to reread the thread

Sorry Satunya for the late Response. It’s because I have a day job and other things to do.

That 4H chart showing BPC pattern. The green shades are support / resistance areas. If you draw zig zag on the 4H chart you will see the BPC clearly. It moved as waves. Here is a chart I drew for a clear understanding. Moreover the green shades telling other things. Since most of the thread follower didn’t understand what is BPC so there is no benefit to explain the even more complicated things. Anyway they are some what closely related.

Hope it helps.

Here is the another chart of BPC on Daily chart. I mentioned about this trade on first week of February in my thread as daily commentary. But no one minded it. Everyone need complicate analysis and charts.

Happy trading.

Just because no-one is starting threads about what a trading god you are doesn’t mean that no-one is watching :).

I would like to add an Important thing to the breakout strategy.

As I mentioned the previous post, for breakout we need a aggressive move through the key level.

But we need to confirm it whether Breakout or fakeout. For confirming breakout the breakout candle should establish and close below or above the key levels. Otherwise the bar show FAKEOUT and may indicate reversals. The fakeout bars often seen as a Pin Bar at the key levels.

If breakeout happen then always wait for pull back or a PA signal to enter a trade.

Hope it clear some more.

Happy Trading.

Even I get confused most of the times.

And you are right when you say its very clear on hindsight.

One of the problems is forcibly looking for entries, or the need to trade daily.

Its a hard habit to control.

Closed position on EU with 42 pips and GU with 34 pips, very good start of the week.

This is a trade I am currently in. Although I’m trading the pullback, I am expecting 40+ pips.

[B]H4[/B]

[B]H1[/B]

This wasn’t a very significant pulback in the end, only 25pips. I was stopped out at BE+2.