Pure Price Action For Dummies

Still waiting for price to reach 1.50 to sell.
However, could this have been a good place to buy?

Any comments on this?

I bought at the res. line that was support. Price didnt move much and then stopped me out. Just wondering if anyone else saw this. Did I miss any indication that price may stall around this area?

I hit my SL too :slight_smile:

SL was too tight??

Well there were like 5 H4 candles (20 hours) that didn’t seem to be able to break the resistance. so I went short after the 5th candle fully formed when it turned out 
 well 
 it didn’t work :slight_smile:

Hi, sorry to but in, and I’ll confess that I don’t have charts up at the moment, as I’m still on semi-pat leave until next week - but from my memory of looking in early in the week the signals on Fiver have been pretty mixed this week. Cable has been in freefall, suggesting USD strength, but Fiber has not followed suit. Fiber has been stalled around 1.3, wondering whether to fall or rise, so effectively stalled. Cable has been sitting at 1.5, overextended so due a pullback of sorts, but in terms of ‘what next’ thought to read. USD/JPY has been overextended but now stalled without a good reason to fall back but with the market wondering whether it needs to fall. USD/CHF broke its Daily downtrend but then got confused as to why - the Weekly and Monthly suggest wait and see. NZD and AUD are not giving clear signals - I traded them against one another last week, but not against USD. The Dollar Index is also giving signs of indecision.

Anyway, sorry, I’m rambling, but I’d say this: personally, I would not take a trade on one chart without knowing two things: what are the other currency pairs doing (plus the dollar index), and what are the Weekly and Monthly charts doing? I don’t know your TP, SL etc, but those two issues hold true for all trades, in my view. Only when I have answers to those two areas will I look into the specifics of S&R etc on the particular chart off which I want to base my trade.

The picture is so mixed at the moment in so many of the pairs that I took it into account when deciding to extend my paternity leave by a further week. Context is king in trading, and one simple level without particular context is not a powerful signal, in my view. I’d rather not trade at all than take a less-than-optimal setup. To my eye, Fiber has been stalled on 1.3 all month, all of March so far (unless it has decided this morning!) so is not something I would have traded.

Sorry if this sounds preachy or interfering - I’m trying to help.

And apologies if it’s just plain confusing - I’m on my 'phone!

ST

For the coming week, the USDCAD might shift its prices into bearish signals, as prices are now dropping due to weak bearish three brother pattern and currently moving at 1.0192 and still showing that a slight bearish stance is still effect at the moment. In addition, the moderate downward shift in its price action is now brewing and can be attributed to its 63-day SMA (olive line) and 84-day SMA (black line) and its 5-day EMA, 9-day SMA and 21-DAY SMA though, the 21-day SMA and the 9-day SMA lines are now trying to crossover.

In its economic outlook, anticipate the Greenback to project weakness in its fundamentals, despite positive signals brought about by its US economic data starting with its producer prices rising by 0.7% in February 2013, after a moderate 0.2% gain in January for three consecutive monthly declines. In addition, US consumer prices rose stronger in February posting a 0.7% gain in the month following unchanged prices in January. Market expectations on the other hand have been for a solid increase though for a moderate 0.5%. The sizeable monthly increase pushed the year-over-year rate up to 2.0% from 1.6% in January. Further, the solid increase in the month were largely due to the spike in petroleum prices, which was confirmed in today’s report with this component rising by 9.1% following declines of 3.0% and 1.9% in January 2013 and December 2012, respectively.

Hi guys, will the USDCAD drop for the coming week, despite the positive economic data seen in the US for today. Just seen this in some article in paxforex?

oh dear, you do post some crap. You offer nothing to this thread other than daily cut and paste and you are just becoming boring. This is a pa thread. Contribute on that level or bog off.!!

Out of curiosity, Are you getting paid by anyone in here or Babypips for posting this crap ???

Did anyone take trades in EU on Thursday ? This is what I have found.
Prices reversed before touching the key support level and in an Outside bullish bar is formed in H1 and prices shooted higher. Did anyone captured this trade ?

I was waiting for the prices to reach a key level. But it din’t.

I was wondering if a few weekly charts that have support/resistance lines drawn on them be posted? Also can you draw on the charts the points (touches) used to place it there.

Here is what I have drawn on eur/aud

I’m trying to find the support/resistance areas more efficiently. Thanks.

Traded the gap on the EJ and EU. This a shoutout to nikita (i think) who advised that gaps are going to be filled with time. Now at near 200 pips on EJ alone.:smiley: Thinking what to do with it as it’s meeting significant SR level at 123.75 yet the higher TFs don’t show a chance of reversal.:33:

For Monday, the EURUSD is now showing flat bearish signals and might show more negative trading continuously for the coming session in its hourly chart, due to the negative signals brought about by the Cyprus bailout in its fundamentals, prices are still moving into bearish pattern and moving now at 1.2941, and suggest that it may further show more bearish signals. As its 63-day SMA (olive line) and 84-day SMA (black line) both indicates that prices are now showing its bearish stance and might continue its drop for the coming hours. Its three brother bearish pattern is still in place, with its 5-day EMA, 9-day SMA crossing each other and penetrates the 21-day SMA lines indicating its bearish stance. The Bollinger Bands (21) is showing support for its bearish stance as its upper and lower channel are closing in creating a tunnel effect.

In its economic outlook, the markets are still showing negative signals, as yesterday’s massive sell-off pushes the single currency into a sharp decline. With fear of contagion the euro was sold across the board on Monday after the ‘haircut’ on Cypriot deposits. However, it highly unlike for Cyprus Parliament to pass such legislation that would spell undue hardship for its people. The government of Cyprus is hoping to push a legislation taxing deposits through parliament in a bid to stave off a default that could reignite the euro-zone crisis. Today, Cyprus parliament postponed a crucial vote on legislation imposing a levy on bank deposits as part of 10 billion euro bailout plan decided by the EU fiancĂ© ministers last week.

Thus, expect prices to remain bearish as its RSI (14) and MACD (9, 26, 12) showing that prices are still far from being oversold due to its flatness at the moment.

Not entirely sure why Mumuy has chosen this thread to spam but posts have been reported as such.

Hi everyone I was ill last couple of weeks, done some trading but not good enough to upload the chart. Hopefully every body doing great. If I feel good I will try to upload some chart today.

Just hit my Trailing stop on NJ 32 pips very good for me.

Had a laugh and just had to post this. So what’s the daily bias on EJ?

[B]OANDA - SHORT[/B]

[B]ALPARI - LONG[/B]

Of course I know about broker times across the world etc etc, just posting this as a reminder.

It’s also a reminder that we should all trade our own analysis!

Personally, I have never so much as opened a broker chart, just use them for execution and leave it at that.