Pure Price Action For Dummies

Hi Nikita, just wondering the entry signal for this trade.
Was it the 10th candle from the right (pinbar)?

[QUOTE=“Ryan91;501138”]

Hi Nikita, just wondering the entry signal for this trade.
Was it the 10th candle from the right (pinbar)?[/QUOTE]

No the entry signal was on H4.

Got stopped out on both long Eur/Aud and long Usd/Jpy before it skyrocketing. :frowning:

Euro aussie.

This is an H1 trade by my hubby. Look at Daily and weekly candles to understand entry

Well executed, Niki. By the way there is your account balance showing at the bottom of the image. That is lot of money :wink: (Don’t you want to hide it?)

[QUOTE=“salimvp;503356”]

Well executed, Niki. By the way there is your account balance showing at the bottom of the image. That is lot of money :wink: (Don’t you want to hide it?)[/QUOTE]

LOL.

All charting, drawings, screen shots etc on trade interceptor are done on demo platform salim.

Had a bad experience years ago when using MT4 and fxcm.

I had taken profit and my MT4 showed such. But the next day my balance was lesser and it was continuing to go down. Upon checking on trade station, i found the trade still on and being at a loss.

Fxcm says you use third party service providers at your own risk.

Happened twice. The second time was a loosing trade that hit Sl on MT4 but was still active on another brokers terminal.

From then on I use softwares like MT4 and tradestation for charting only.

I enter trades using the respective brokers platform.

Trader platforms like tradestation are a pain in the arse to use for charting. Pepperstones mobile charting app absolutely sucks, while trade station constantly hangs and you can only change time frames three or four times before having to log out and log in again.

Amen brother I trade without indicators too . just basic stuff support and resistance and candle confirmation I also use supply and demand concepts as well depends on timeframe I trade . Risk management and simple concepts = the steady growth of your account keep it simple don’t over complicate it and you’ll do fine in this business just like you show here on your charts.

You can always tell the traders that know what there doing between the ones that don’t and you definitely deserve your Honorary Member Title Way to go with this thread.

[QUOTE=“whyme250;504142”]You can always tell the traders that know what there doing between the ones that don’t and you definitely deserve your Honorary Member Title Way to go with this thread. [/QUOTE]

I have learned that there is more than one way to skin a cat on this business whyme250.

Its just that duplicating the methods might not produce the same results for everyone.

I got lost in the details, like most, when I started out. And since this involves money, it clouds all our rational senses.

Even now, I still make mistakes, or miss very obvious setups. Only practice and more practice will produce results, I guess.

Whom ever said making a buck out of the market was easy? More so making a living out of it?

I refrain from commenting on how others trade, as I believe you have to be comfortable with the method you use, to be able to produce results.

End of the day, i have seen surprising things being done on a fifteen minute chart also.

Hi Nikita,

I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty you had using MT4 with FXCM in the past. Just to clarify for everyone, a few years ago, there used to be a 3rd party bridge that connected the MT4 platform to FXCM. At the time, this was the only way to offer the MT4 platform on No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution, since the MT4 was originally designed for dealing desk execution.

Due to the technology limitations of that bridge setup, there would be times when the MT4 platform would not accurately reflect the true position status in back office on our servers. This would result in the MT4 interface needing to be autosynced periodically to reflect the correct information. Since then, FXCM has upgraded its MT4 platform to integrate seamlessly with our NDD execution. This means no 3rd party bridges and no autosyncs.

Jason

Hi Nikita
This is the trade hope will be triggered.I looked at the weekly and Daily TF’z since these are the best TF’z are good for me since Im busy during the intraday session.
The pair is rotating around the major support line for the two time frames.And looks like it will bounce back to the up move.
Correct me if I missed anything please.This includes everyone.

If I were you, I’d be looking to sell … the down trend is pretty strong … but it’s just me :slight_smile:

And that was write of you [B]yenny[/B].What a losing trade that I impatiently took, and it shows that one has still have a lot to learn.

[QUOTE=“yenny;505638”]If I were you, I’d be looking to sell … the down trend is pretty strong … but it’s just me :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with yenny , I took a short trade the same setup aud usd , I already get 75 pips , I close half only , trade still open now + 70 pips

Good for you.

The only guy I can recommend for pure price action is Phd Walter Peters.He is a professional trader and psychologist (so also has some emotion control tutorials) whom I follow for quite a time.He can explain very well trend lines /S & R levels significance and some special patterns which he calls kangaroo tails which he uses in his “Naked Trading” system.I bought his book but if you don’t want it thats fine he has also many free stuff.Just google it for youtube videos (he has plenty webinars) or here is his blog:

Trade and Be Free ďż˝ Walter Peters

Good luck!

Hi Proximus
Its good that there is someone who is trading price action and has the courage to help traders that are struggling.But I think it would be best if you apply one of his teaching instead of you referring us to him, he sells something afterall and we don’t want to think that you are pushing his service to us.

I`m not trading only by price action,rather incorporated some of his teachings into my strategy.He is a pro trader no doubt you can learn much from him.He has many free webinars and resources to share,like i said if you don’t want to buy from him then don’t.I am only presenting him here since he is the best trader that comes in my mind if you talk about pure price action,like this topic is entitled to.

HENCE Im saying that, you should apply one of his strategies so we can learn from him and you.and sorry if i stepped on your toes.

No problem.Im currently testing 2 strategies on demo, one for pure price action trading with FIBS ,pivot points and ADX and when the market is volatile,then bollinger bands,incorporating all his teachings,and using the indicators only as confirmation not the basis of analysis.The second one im using is pure ichimoku with ADX since i heard on other forums, people had great results with it.Later on i might make a blog with the results but now it’s too early to draw conclusions,it needs a few more months worth of testing…Mainly because i take only trades with a minimum of 1:2 RR ratio since my winning rate is not that good.