Pure Price Action For Dummies

Well there has to be some movements for us to make money with any system.

last 22 trading days, EU has been doing a buy sell buy sell move on a daily basis. Need alot of faith in going buy sell buy sell on the peaks.

No I havent got any PMs. Would have replied if I did.

Must sit on my hands and watch.

Ok no worries.

Thanks

So I go out of the study and watch some tv and when I return I see I could have taken about 40 pips from this set up when the reversal candle signals the short trade, see chart, circled candle.

Total pips collected today = 30.

Sold and loaded it off in two hours.

Thats all this market is going to be giving until it either breaks upwards, or break downwards.

Smaller TF price action has become absolutely important. Higher TF seems to be stuck in a rut.

Correlation is out of the window. GU wants to fall, EU wants to stay in its spot, AU and KIWI wants to shoot up.

Reduce lots or reduce position size and add some safety measure by keeping SL as tight as possible.

And some of the notable trades this week has been 14 pips on one . :stuck_out_tongue:

Went out for the US session and I see USD pairs have moved.

Will it maintain this momentum for tomorrow, a Friday??

Or will it do something crazy like the weeks past and shoot back up??

dear nikitafx

today… is a historical day in my learning curve. i guess i’ll write this dear nikitafx letter as a token of my gratitude.
frankly speaking i was a bit forced to trade. i was only looking around for some investment strategy and was interested in PAMM (managed account). i found out that a friend also managed an account so i asked whether i could put some money on. he said that he wasn’t serious with the account and focused on big account. when i offered 500$ he said that instead of managing the account he would just give me a simple strategy involving 2 accounts. i tested it out on demo and it went well. so i opened 2 account and deposited $200 each. unfortunately in the live accounts the strategy didn’t went well… the first account was left with 20$ and the second one became 360$ which mean i still short about 20$. at that point my friend was also seemed a bit disinterested. he just left me hanging there

i was already enrolling in the new school of pipsology. reading a bit about this and that. then strolling the forum and bang!!! i read about this thread. when i was busted 4 years ago i thought trading was way too complicated for me to understand. but this strategy… the clean chart… the logic… the explanation. “[I]i could do it[/I]” that was what i thought. then i started to learn and trade. lost… win… lost… win… lost… lost… lost… win… lost… in the beginning i used small lot. i lost a lot. then learn again. lost again… learn again. until i come to resolution that i have found a good system (no there is no holy grail system- no point looking for it) and now i need to work on my mindset and discipline.
after this resolution yaahh… i’m still losing :stuck_out_tongue: it’s not easy work to straighten my mindset and my discipline. not for a slacker like me. but i am sure that if i just can hold myself… i’ll be succeed with the system. the system taught by you of course :slight_smile:
so… today… today… i finally able to withdraw back my capital. yeah… i withdraw it. after a month of trading with many down down down deep down i finally able to restore it. i need to withdraw because i want to know what a withdrawal is… how it feels… and it is indeed felt good
so again thank you so much for having the patient to help me. i am still far from able to trade consistently profitable. so i still follow this thread to get some nuggets. hopefully one day i will indeed become consistently profitable

trader wannabe
africa

ps… happy hari raya

Yeah, I know what you mean. To withdraw capital is always a great feeling. Not like withdrawing profits, but better. When you get capital back it feels like ohh now I am going to be making money for free since I am only playing with the profits and not from the pocket. But withdrawing profit always leaves a lingering thought that if this money was left in the account I could compound it pip to pip.

Well I am sorry that two months after posting this strategy the market has decided to catch a fever.

Price is bouncing upper and lower wave levels ( S&R) in such a narrow price band that its difficult to catch a few trades in a row.

Anyway lets hope for a better month in September.

Well I am sorry that two months after posting this strategy the market has decided to catch a fever.

Price is bouncing upper and lower wave levels ( S&R) in such a narrow price band that its difficult to catch a few trades in a row.

hahahah
yeah that #1 rule is a bit forgotten lately because of the bouncing and back and forth reversal. GU however has been more consistent to the rule than the other but yeahh… noticed it a bit late.

umm… forgot a tiny detail. i withdrew my capital yes. but as for profit, i made none. from the first account i turned the 20$ to 52$. the second i account i turned 360$ back to 400$ after many losses. in the end due to buy/sell exchange rate to my currency (Indonesian Rupiah) i made nothing.
after the vacation i will back to demo trade. i’m still collecting the trading capital from the broker sponsored post to paid forum. hopefully by october i have enough to trade again :slight_smile:

Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir dan Batin Villain.

you too Nikitafx and all (kummi, bob, tom, jason, lumi, pipscrawler, dr pips, pipdiddy, etc)

selamat hari raya :slight_smile:
mohon maaf lahir bathin

???

Currently EU Long based on:

And bullish bias on EU, GU and AU D TF

Lastnight I went long on EU at 1.4500, reversal candle (marked with a red rectangle see chart).
TP at 1.4544 and SL at 1.4465.
As you can see I went long off a retracement.

Nikita and others please comment

Have a great week

Tom

Its like Christmas for the Muslims

Entry and SL looks alright.

Just a word of advice. Dont hold for much on these sort of markets.

Take what you get.

Its to rangy or whipsawing.

Looks like you had a winner there.

I would have taken a smaller risk on that trade because of the SL.

Always know how much you going to spend / loose if it goes against you before adjusting the risk size.

Thanks. Where would you have put your SL?

What about Selling at LH and buying at HL?

Yeah, definitely liquidizing my position before I go to bed, with around 15+ pips profit.

Also, I’m gonna experiment with this:

Currency Correlation | OANDA fxTrade

Forex Correlation

And there was another one with more visuals, where you could adjust easier as you please. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Like Nikita mentioned, these last months have been weird, and so updating the correlation bias is good, I figure?