Pure Price Action For Dummies

So where is the method?

Donā€™t quiet understand what you are asking.
If you are asking about the method this thread talks aboutā€¦ then read approximately the first 20 pages of this thread.
Thanks

Havenā€™t found any trades for the week yet.

Have you looked at EURUSDā€¦

I canā€™t find a trade in EURUSDā€¦

How many have you missed this? I admit I did!

The first arrow on the right left is a previous high, the candle after that breaks out, the arrow to the right shows he pullback to previous SNR, than the continuation.

Classic price action, to the dot.

We need to see what the chart is doing. Spend time with it. There is nothing to replace screen time.

But fear not, miss one, and another giveth! :stuck_out_tongue:

The above is AU chart.

The process of identifying entry would be self explanatory by now I believe.

Nikita
I did spot both of these tradesā€¦ however I couldnā€™t decide on the Stop Loss placement.

[QUOTE=ā€œAmanfx;592557ā€]Nikita I did spot both of these tradesā€¦ however I couldnā€™t decide on the Stop Loss placement.[/QUOTE]

The above is USDCHF trade that I took.

The EU trade below is my husbands idea, as usual, against all rules.

I guess the week is concluded for us.

Nikita-
In the USDCHF trade shouldnā€™t the SL be placed above the daily pinbar?
Your SL is in the middle of itā€¦ please explain.
Thanks

Euro Aussie.

The move always looks much more clearer post event, doesnā€™t it?
Well I have the same issues, often.

The Pin Bar

[QUOTE=ā€œAmanfx;592601ā€]Nikita- In the USDCHF trade shouldnā€™t the SL be placed above the daily pinbar? Your SL is in the middle of itā€¦ please explain. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Try drawing a line on the SL and look at it from the DTF Amanfx.

You can see a clear daily SNR there.

Www.forexjournal.com

Thats the website and I just found a hardcopy of their magazine in the library.

First time Iā€™m seeing a magazine devoted entirely to currency trading.

Strictly for those who cannot get enough of the markets and would like to read on it during weekends, lunch time, at the dinner table and when your wife is trying to make you take out the garbage.

The Pin Bar.

Hi Nikitafx,
I just discovered this thread through the babypips facebook page. I think I can really benefit from it so I will try the strategy. I noticed that at the beginning of the thread you looked mainly at daily and 1hour charts, and at pair correlation. Then there was an update in may last year saying that you now look at charts from 1week down to 5min. I would like to ask you, is the previous way to trade still profitable? that is, trading once a day, as you used to do before?
I am newbie in forex trading, however trading once a day looks more attractive to me than once a week (maybe because I am a newbie :slight_smile: )

Also, check out this magazine I read as well :slight_smile:
ww.currencytradermag.com

Thanks so much for sharing.

ā€œMoney grows on the tree of persistenceā€

Your explanation does give me some thought as to which indicators to use or not use.
I will try following your thread for awhile and then maybe plunge into the fray.
Thanks

Thanks for all of the effort youā€™ve put into this thread everyone (in particular Nikita of course). Iā€™m a new visitor here (spent the last week reading the entire thing from start to finish). Iā€™ve strategically pulled quotations from a number of you throughout my journey reading this thread as there have been many very wise statements made throughout it. This will be my very first trade attempting to incorporate much of what Iā€™ve absorbed.

Basic thoughts as to why I made my entry:

1. Laid down weekly and daily trend lines (gray) and saw good confluence on the 4H.
  2. The weekly and daily directions have been trending downward based on the general swing points of the waves.
  3. The 4H chart looked like it was starting to retrace downward from the .8821 resistance.
  4. Entered a tad late (just got home) on the 1H after those bearish candles started forming.
  5. RR seemed favorable at 3:1

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve probably made some mistakes and regardless of whether the trade goes in my favor, Iā€™m more interested in whether I made what appears to be a healthy decision, so input is definitely appreciated.

Edit: Is there no way to have our pictures either be bigger or be clickable to our larger version? This is a bit tough to read since it was automatically shrunk down so much.

Woke up this morning to an already-closed position on the AU. The results went in my favor but more importantly the price action appeared to do almost exactly what was expected and paused just past my TP :59:

Hi,

Iā€™m new here and i have been reading the first 20 pages of this thread. How am I supposed to figure out market bias? Do I do it using market correlation?

Missed the big move on EUR/GBP pair.
Open the position at very good price managed to get only 29 pips. Never mind will catch the next one.

Weekly TF

4HR TF

Edit: Is there no way to have our pictures either be bigger or be clickable to our larger version? This is a bit tough to read since it was automatically shrunk down so much.[/QUOTE]

Hi wiseachoo try to upload the chart one by one,hope it will help.