Pure Price Action For Dummies

Nice trade Sharebazar (aud/nzd), I just look back for analyzing it and I see that my red line is just above your entry point. So I should have taken this trade, don’t no why I missed it It looks like you did it completely by the book.

About the 216 pips on the copper trade. As I understand you opened 2 positions by 50/50 risk So average it is the same as 108 pips with full risk? I mean did copper move 216 pips on 1 position or +/- 108? Anyway it is a very good result and it shows that this method is working for other instruments as well, my respect for making this step.

MikeCa

What pair and time-frame is this? Looks good!

TC this is the Aussie. Not sure which timeframe.

Thanks. I’m not happy with my management, however.

Have been sitting on this for a few weeks. Couple more to go.

Hi Sharebazar,

Any game plan this week? What do you think of gold? Price form a bullish engulfing candle on the weekly TF last week, and it seems like it is sitting on a valid support. My take would be to wait for price to come near 1172.47 and do a long.
Another pair would be EN, but not as confident on this pair though as the larger trend for this pair is sell. Main reason to buy for this pair is solely bcos of the daily TF that it for a pullback pin bar on daily chart. Will wait for price to retrace to 1.42330 & do a buy if there is signal.

Hi Gssg,

No plan yet, hopefully I will do some research today. Gold and EN is ok but it all depends how it react at those price, I will give another day to see the market.

Hi,

I have to start also…

But first I want to invite you all to my party I am promoted to Junior Member at Babypips…Not bat at 55

Ok back to business and looking for some pips!

TC

I am also waiting to see what direction this week may be. Monday shocked me a little because it closed up for the day.

My first trade of the week SL = 21 Pips TP 60 pips On the moment about40 pips Take profit or let it run?

Have to work on MM. Position size was 0.02 lot wit SL of 21 pips was 3.03 Euro risk.

To have a risk of 1% of the account ( 50 euro ) account = 5000 demo

Position size (50/3.03)* 0.02lot = 0.33 lot
sl = 21 pips = 50 euro
40pips profit +/- 100 euro and 1R : 2R RR
TP at 60 pips +/-150 euro and 1R : 3R RR

Now with 0,02 lot position size I will have only 8 demo euro profit :frowning:
Plz comment.

Long on EU

Hi TC,

Why you long on EU. Did you open the position then what price. How much is your SL.

Hi TC,

Your are on correct direction but your SL is very small for this pair.

What is wrong with your Management?

Thanks Sharebazar,

SL was just a little over the previous High and it turned out to be 21 pips The position is closed with small profit

My EU had also a small SL of 26-30 pips Or is that ok with this pair?

TC

Hi TC,

See the EU chart on daily TF and 4HR TF

Only think I can see that price is getting ready for potential move down. See the BPC method.

TP hit

SL at 1 % about 28 pips
position size 0.2 lot
tp 68 pips = profit > 2%
demo account 5122 euro = 122 euro profit

I am to lazy to keep a trading journal So by doing it here I will be more serious at least until I have a loosing trade

Sharebasar I can stay with the 1% rule for SL and then my risk will be 51 euro for the next trade.

But I know you use a bigger risk over the profit you have made For example I take 10 % of the 122 = 12 euro
Now my risk will be 50 + 12 = 62 euro for the next trade

Is this correct? Are there some limits?

TC

I agree with you But last week was a buy In the top of my chart is my level for looking short

Well done TC, Just keep risk low as possible in any trade because no one can say for sure that market will hit TP in every trade.

One key step you can take is to keep the risk at 1% in every trade and then increase your position when you are in profitable trade, like adding to your winning trade.

Should have taken profit at the low, got greedy and I’m now watching. Not mastery. But if it breaks again, which it looks like it may… I’ll be back on track.

Got 91 pips out of EU yesterday.