Pure Price Action For Dummies

Always trade with the bias, today is -37 pips … i made this trade on AU and other on EU, not worked for both.

The bias is telling me SHORT, but the daily chart is telling me that there is a support en EU and AU :frowning:

So many stupid mistakes, well i hope this week will be better the next days :slight_smile:

I havent traded since monday morning. I just got 20 pips off UJ that morning and I havent done anything since because of festivities.

I didnt put any orders in after briefly scanning the charts. The reason being is its a tough call.

Day trading is tough. Looking for entries daily and not making mistakes is much much tougher than those who wait for a good signal on D TF. And unless your trading is really good where you consistently dont make mistakes, often or are able to recover from a bad entry quickly, you are trading with a much higher risk factor because of compounding.

If you ask me, day trading is much more tougher than position traders or swing traders.

That is why I emphasize again and again that we dont guess. We dont see something, then we dont enter. Its tough to wait. But its worth it.

It’s been a pretty bad last few days to trade mainly due to fundamentals. The EU is making some huge decisions this week (namely today) and it’s best to sit out and watch at times like these.

When you said “guess” is about not following the bias and jump in this points like that, we need to know where are we going and a Daily buy or Daily sell candle will show us the way :slight_smile:

It might end up not moving the markets at all. It might cause speculators who are on the news to push the market strongly one way or the other.

Which ever it is, the last two days ranging is because of the wait and see attitude of many.

Its best to go back to reading some trading articles etc etc. Watch on the sidelines.

To Benit0 and Teb if it is any consolation I got MASSACRED as well!

The market was ranging in huge fluctuating moves and I always enter at the opposite end of the range. Grrrrr!! Am down a total of almost 200 pips so far…:frowning:

Really sad. Am short Euro now and just about breakeven.

Hi Nikita, I wish I have the mental fortitude like you. Something tell me not to enter because of the Euro news and the ranging market but because I am still tweaking my strategy I decided to enter still.

After all the positives and gain last week all I can say is that this is sad really sad…

LOL

Yes, when the market goes sideways, there are better things to do than to trade.

Guys, its always better to miss a trade than take a loosing one and holding it hoping that it will give a profit or BE.

I was watching EU and I had a feeling its going to drop, but the drop happened too fast and to be honest I was busy chatting in babypips chat that I was not prepared sufficiently to take the EU sell.

As soon as the first candle was a pullback I just watched without entering because I was not prepared. And it dropped another 100 pips from that point.

Why didnt I enter? Because I dont want to loose and the SL was huge at that point in time.

I had only two entries. UJ buy for 17 pips on tuesday and then another buy yesterday for about 40. Other than that zilch.

I waited for nearly 5 hours and now I am on a short on both EU and GU.

I dont know how this is going to go but atleast the candles on H1 look promising.

Wait. You will get an entry. And if you miss never mind. Just forget about that trade and wait for the next.

Patience.

Been trying to read up on order flow trading. After searching so much for the last two days i basically learned nothing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d never heard of OFT before, but I just looked it up and I must say it sounds most intriguing. I’m definitely going to be researching this for awhile.

So true. What I can say is that this is a good learning experience. You’ve got to experience it and being burnt to know it. Thankfully it is a demo account but still a very good lesson.

Wait. You will get an entry. And if you miss never mind. Just forget about that trade and wait for the next.

Patience.

This is priceless!

teb5108, I am going to give OFT a miss. The resources are piss poor and the originator of the trading method is selling a book for USD 150.

Everyone else who seem to be trying that method out seem to be talking in very ambiguous terms. I am not comfortable with it.

Atleast thats what I see in Forexfactory, where this system was originally posted it seems.

I am going to be looking at inside bar trading as the next level of candle stick patterns for H4 and D TF.

Might itself add more to what I know than go on a tangent and try something entirely new.

GU H4

Would that candle that I have marked with an arrow be considered as an inside candle?

Nial Fuller | Price Action Forex Trading Strategies | Learn To Trade

Just started watching these videos today.

Nial has the same thing going for newbies.

So for those who are still lost I guess U can have a look at his videos. Very simple, clean lines.

yes that would be an inside bar candlestick

I read/watched Nial’s stuff a long time ago, and it is very good :slight_smile: I think that it is a completely different strategy from what you currently use as he is identifying reversals and you are trading continuation of a trend…is that right?

100 pips from that inside bar. Need to pay more attention to this patten.

Ramah21, I think we all do the same type of trading as far as PA is concerned, but the commie system was started as the commie system to give an insight for newbies on how to look at higher TF and trade lower TFs as a beginners lesson.

Over the lessons I came to realise that many are stuck because they cannot follow and move forward with things step by step.

Following the rules and being rigid are two different things. For the newbies who just stumbled upon this thread and are not sure of their trading, I suggest we start from page one and follow.

No point trading S&R lines when we cant read candles, no point putting SLs if we dont know how bias works etc etc.

Finally, anyone who is doing well with trading are more than welcome to add to the next natural level to this thread. I am more than happy to learn more ways and tactics.

As long as its kept simple.

The next step is in finding an honest dealer to trade with. THAT is NOT so simple.

Honestly, I have enjoyed reading your Price Action thread, Nikitafx, and thank you.

EA H1

Only decent trade for the whole week.

Been very slack and I have been inspired by a fellow trader in babypips to buck up.

I am going to hit next week with more discipline and in a much more organised way.

Time to get back to basics.

Have a good weekend guys.

Not really if you watch some of his utube vids he goes with the trend alot. What is buying on a pull back. You wait for a signal of reversal of the pull back at a level of support. Witch is along the same lines this thread is about. However he does trade reversals the same way.