Pure Price Action For Dummies

Hi Nikita,

Yes. Dark cloud and Engulfing are candle pattern

As for BB20 ( Bollinger band 20), I use it to serve as a filter for price action. Only enter a trade if the candle pattern go out and come back from the 2 sigma BB.

Nowadays market are driven by news and we do not know when will the news come out. An announcement by Markel can move the market by alot. How do you avoid this kind of situation??

BTW, do you still trade without setting SL?

ShinjiOno

BTW, I still so not understand when you know that you are wrong and exit your trade

And I also do not understand when you take profit

Mind sharing?

That comes with screen time and practice (thats the short answer anyway). There is alot of reasons but mainly lets say you buy in an uptrend and you see price failed to take out the last higher high and is now making lower highs and lower low. Now the reason you were in a buy is no longer valid. Why wait to let it hit your stop loss get out. There alot more than that but at the end of the day if the reason you got in the trade is proven to you invalid why wait to lose more money cut your loses and live to fight another day. Same with letting trades run if you have no valid reason to get out why get out capitalize on that trade and let in run. Once price action tells you the trade is not valid anymore collect profits or tighten up stoploss and let the market take you out. try trailing stops on a demo account. You will learn alot about what I am trying to say. It will also give you a lot of practice on where to set stops in general. Then you will start to understand price action and what it is telling you. Takes a while you learn it I cant just give you an answer and thats it. It just dont work that easy. But if you are in a buy and price is telling you to sell get out. I will advice that you trail a stop unless you are why better than me. My win loss ratio is 50:50 so I keep that in mind and if in profit I will trail my stop up tight. Leaving me the chance I was worng on my analysis to get out. Now if I was right I get taken out with a profit if I was wrong price continues in my favor and I will re access the situation when the time comes. I hope that helps. My only advice is to study Nikitas thread here and learn price action. Once you know that you will understand the rest as it will be screaming at you in the charts. Good luck any questions ask thats what we are here for. Welcome to babypips

Welcome my fellow Singaporean. :slight_smile: We are lucky Nikita is our neighbour coz itā€™s much easier to relate to her trades and trading times since we are in the same time zone.

Having said that I recall some where in this trade that she trades almost any hours!

Maybe when I quit my day job I can try that. :wink:

Shinji, take that one with a pinch of salt.

That would mean I am 100% profitable on all my trades.

Wouldnt cutting a trade with a loss be considered hitting SL? I mentioned it earlier in the thread so those who were following would concentrate on the entries first and not worry about other things so early. I start talking about valid SL as we crossed the 50th post or something.

I do have trades that I run without an SL as per wave, but I do put in a 100 pip stop arbitrarily especially when there is a lot of news around the corner or my internet connection is dodgy. My net connection suddenly bummed for two over hours the night before. So these kind of situations happen. I do have a brake set up for max and I watch the trade, ready to cut if a sell suddenly turns around and looks like a buy or vice versa.

If I am leaving my trade without supervision for a short while, I move the SL to the LL or HH of the previous wave and leave.

There are trades that I am confident enough that I run without an exit point, but you have to have enough experience/ screen time, you will know which are the trades u can play without a SL, even with news around the corner.

Its those trades where D TF and H4 come along beautifully.

Certainly dont see such a trade this week.

As for news coming out, I just follow forex factory news calendar. but you cant help when there are extra news announcement on the side, especially with the Euro crisis at the moment.

The best advice would be follow what the chart says and make sure you can afford a SL on a trade.

I follow the waves Shinji. That means HH LL HL LH. These things are what I watch for SL.

TP is also these areas. Previous LL or HH, and ofcause S & R areas.

Sometimes I reduce my lots once the HH or LL is hit and let the rest ride until it hits a support or resistance area.

I think after post 50 or 60 I had put up a few charts explaining where I TP and put my SL.

Thanks guys for the quick reply. Very helpful in fact

Anyway, happy trading and make some money

Happy to say that on day 3 of my live trading I am up 117 pips. 17 trades in total made and 2 losses. If I can get 33 pips tomorrow I would have hit my weekly target with 1 day to spare.

The more I trade the more I see what Nikita is saying on the previous posts(which Iā€™ve read twice so far). Also trading live scares the living daylights out of me. It is a totally different ball game to trading on demo.

I need to qualify that when I said ā€œIā€ I means me and my friend whom Iā€™ve roped in and is doing magnificently for the last month of trading. Personally I feel that having a friend to trade together with helps a great deal versus doing it alone.

Anyways lets hope I can end the week on a positive. Remains to be seen but fingers crossed!

Dang, 17 trades? Iā€™ve only taken 4 this week haha.

hahah where u guys getting so many?

I only had 4 this week. One hit SL, three in profit. And the pip take is becoming less and less!

LOL I made 3 trades so far averaging around 25 pips each and the rest are scalps that my friend made. He seems like a natural born scalper just doesnā€™t suit the long intraday type traders which is what I am.

Anyway made 62 pips today so I have officially met my weekly target! Am not going to trade tomorrow as I expect a bloodbath what with the Eurozone announcement.

I am on MyFXBook and am trying to figure out a way to link it here so that you can see how I am doing. All I can say Nikita is that reading this thread that you wrote is potentially going to have a big impact on my life if all this goes to plan. :smiley:

Who did not see which candle stick pattern to trade today? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope I missed it but hopfully it was to short the EU or the GJ as I was already short those pairs lol

shrugs, heres?

I didnā€™t do those personallyā€¦ Iā€™m taking a week off to make myself more structured since Iā€™m going to take this forex thing seriously now.

Hi Nikita

I am a newbie to FX. What was so obvious about the move today? I am a big fan of yourā€™s and luminous thread and read all of it. You really seem to understand what you do. I donā€™t but am trying to learn it.

Thanks

Hi Nikitafx from last 3/4 weeks I am looking at London open at 8 am GMT that price move towards the Market bias as soon as the Market open. But out of 15/20 days there is some days price move bit differently but the majority time it moves towards the Market bias.

My question is it is good to open a trade when London open.

First problem is if I open a trade SL will be around 35-40 pips but also TP will be according to 1:1 ratio.

2nd problem is if I wait for 20 pips SL Market will come but after few hours when may be too late to open a position.

3rd problem is there will be no trade on that day ( which is good at least not making any loss).

Thank you in advance

in absence of clear higher TF bias, yes you could have bought there as a bounce.

I didnt because of ECB news. I knew everyone was waiting for that announcement. Once that news was over I saw a big pullback candle on all charts. ( Except for GU which was not so clear ).

I couldnt take big lots on the trades as it had too big of a SL. Prices shot up and obviously the entire world was waiting for a chance to short, but they always do it at the top of the price range.

And down it went.

Patience.

Sokrator, refer to the charts posted by Teb5108. U can see the clear pullback candle at the top after nearly 4 or 5 days of ranging in the same area.

That was the obvious signs to short for the rest of the world. The big players already had massive short orders at the top of the range.

Resistance was hit and it bounced massively downwards.

It will most probably be a sell today, bar the fact its a friday and prices can do crazy things on Fridays.

According to bias today is sell but Market is going up. My SL just hit now.