Pure Price Action For Dummies

you need a better broker then. Go back to demo aswell it sounds like you are on the right track just need to work on timing of your trades. That takes time and trial and error. No scene risking and loosing your hard earned cash at this point

lastly congrats you are the 100th poster on this thread. You will a free lifetime membership to babypips

hi bobmaninc… :slight_smile: so you can adjust the time… may I ask how to do that? or I need to ask my broker for the instruction? I have a demo mt4 from diff broker and an fxcm tradestation…

I am sure nikita might be able to help with MT4 as there are alot using that including me but I just started with it so I am of no help there. FXCM tradestation is off as far as close time. I cant remember how to fix it at the moment hope it comes back to me soon. Contact them and they will help you out. Or contact Jason in the broker aid forum under FXCM.

wow im the 100th poster! wohooo!

I guess you are right bobmaninc… I do beleive that I need a better broker… its just not fair. seems that they want my money fast! what can you suggest bobmaninc?

ok I will. thank you… yes fxcm candle close is off… funny I asked the marketing guy about the daily candle andits open and close and he doesnt even know what im talking about… sheesh!

I use OANDA. It’s a Canadian broker that lets you trade micro lots (10 cents a pip, $25 min investments). I have not had any problems with them nor have I heard anything bad coming from them.

$25 invstment and 10 cents a pip? il definitely check them out forexpastor… thanks again for the tip… :wink:

I dont like oanda but I will be honest for your situation they will be your best choice.

Hello all , this is a Daily chart of GBPJPY of jan 3rd…weel, as you can see there is a doji formed on the support line and there was a bullish confirmation candle after the doji. Now after the bullish candle there was a series of bear candles. I could not understand why it has happened…please help me out

my interpretation is that, price stalled there as it is a support area (some sellers cashed out which caused price to rise temporarily) but that doji came right after strong bearish bias and price was not done moving down…can’t really predict these things. i think that the white highlighted line below the red one looks like a stronger support. just my opinion, keep in mind that i am a novice please :slight_smile:

p.s. looks closer to a pin bar than a doji to me

Hi bebehto,

Wanted to let you know that FXCM’s Trading Station platform has the option to display weekend data, hide it, or merge it into the Monday candlestick. So you can customize the weekend data to be compatible with how you analyze Sunday data. You can find the option by going to the top left of the chart and clicking on File > Options. When the Options window opens, click on General Options and there will be a menu for Weekend Data. Here’s a screenshot of the options window:

Hope that helps.

Jason

well now you dont have to seek out Jason because there he is lol. I knew you could do it I just didnt remember how.

Anyone using this method still ? Im confused whether to use it or not…Why is that all the price action threads are stalled ?

Yes this thread is good to use. I think alot of people are slowly trickeling back from the holidays and should pick up soon.

because its an awfully simple method of trading that is very powerful and there is no need for hundreds of thousands of posts explaining it.

Its not going to get any simpler than price action.

If a reader is unsure of something, than most probably they have missed the point while reading through the earlier posts.

Its all there.

thank you for the info jason! i was about to search you to find some answers… heheh! seems that you’re almost in every thread! :slight_smile: grateful for your reply…

Yeah Jason is a pretty good guy and way under paid to do what he does for FXCM. Just dealing with my crap alone Shuld be a full time job in itself (just ask my wife she will tell you all about it).

To GS8888 read this thread it is a very good place to learn price action. If you got any questions we are all here to help. Nikita did just bring up a good point the reason this thread has slowed down is no one is asking any more questions. Gues they all must have made millions and moved on. I wish them all the best. But I have seen you have asked this question alot on here. There are alot of price action threads on here all of them are great. You also have a great bunch pf people on here (well most of us anyway) and we will help you on your way. Good luck

Thnq so much for your help. Im learning only price action nothing else, cause i dont want to fill my mind with all the unwanted stuff…just price action…im surely gona spend much time on this thread learning about the strategy…

hello gs8888! i understand your frustration… im a newbie as well and im telling you this strat do works. we just need a lot of practice and loads of patience. ive finished this thread a long time ago, but im reading it again to really absorb the information. sometimes it takes time for this to get into our system… if you know what i mean… the psychology and all. just keep on hangin’ and we’ll soon get there… :wink:

Hi gs8888, I will request you to read the method again and when you read it try to open a chart and then analyse the chart with the Method. Believe me it will help you to identify what is all about. As every body said if you have any question please ask, you will get valuable answer from the respected member of the thread.