Pure Price Action For Dummies

Try a demo or a mini that allows you to enter 1 cent per pip or something until you are comfortable with the idea and also have a good grip on risk and money management.

Keep your emotions and your thinking uncluttered this way and lets you focus on trying the method out solely without having to worry about the money at this stage.

Hi Kummi90, I donā€™t use correlation concept. Though its a good confluence at times, i have better options which i have mentioned in my previous post. The chart of a particular pair itself tells us where the price is heading. If it is clear, weā€™l take the trade or else we donā€™t trade. Simple.

GudLukā€¦

Hello Sicnarf, Even if we have a new thread, that wonā€™t be a substitute for this thread. The new thread will only be for trades we take everyday using these conceptā€™s, which as you said, will be good examples of this method.

But let me tell you, you should go through this thread atleast 2 times, then itā€™l be easy for you to grasp the exact concept. Pay attention to the posts of Nikita, Bobmaninc and other senior memberā€™s.

GudLukā€¦

Thnx bobmaninc, the credit goes to you guys. This thread dramatically decreased my learning curve, by this i mean to say, i dinā€™t waste my time on indies or on some botsā€¦
Still learning oon how to ride the winnerā€™s.

Yes thank you. Ive been using price action as well for quite a time now and have had good results although not to the point where i can say my gains are consistent already. Havenā€™t been really trading long enough to say. I love reading and learning again and again so going through the whole thread shouldnā€™t be a problem =)

Weekends are so boringā€¦!!!

Anywayā€™s, check this out.
Present economic scenarioā€¦brilliantly explained.

I looked through the first page of your posts, but couldnā€™t find any clear options. However, I did note that you used ā€œindiesā€ and sometimes MA and stochastics. Could you give me some pointers? :slight_smile: Thanks!

And Nikita, how do you think my grouping looks? :GU & EU, and GJ & EJ & UJ (since YOU do use correlationā€¦?)
gs8888, I am interested in your alternative, though.

Also, does this method necessarily use lower than 1H TF for entries and exits?

Your correlation looks ok to me. Though I do have UCHF as another extra there to watch out for USD movements.

I use correlation to decide on my risk. Entries I still look at S&R and candle sticks primarily.

Oh okay, thanks!

Also, I just entered my first trade in a long time:
EUR/USD Short
1h TF
Bias down
SL: 15 pips
TP: 30 pips.
:

Amazing, have a good entry. What ur analize?

I guess this is where experience tends to help a little.

EU has fallen last week. It most probably will fall again this week because of bias, but first it has to breath. It has to go up a little so that the bigger players will find the price tempting enough to short again.

Remember, right now all the amateur traders will be entering shorts, so the big players will move it up. The amateurs than will cut their losses and decide that its going up, and they will buy, so when the price hits a resistance, the big players will short it again massively and take the amateurs money yet again. Supply and Demand.

Or looking at it from a pure technical chart sense, price moves in waves. the bigger time frames need to do a corrective wave so that it can move south again, if its going to move south.

So selling right now is selling at the bottom of the wave.

Finally, its a monday folks. Mondays tends to not follow the game plan most of the time.

I am on a buy, very small lots because its against all the communist rules and because I found a less than 10 pip SL on min 2 chart.

I couldnt put a chart up cause Photobucket is not loading.

Might try later. Or the trade might hit my miserable SL. :smiley:

Hello kummi90, I do not use MAā€™s and Stoch everytime, but only at times and as a added confluence. I donā€™t trade the crossoverā€™s or such.

As Nikita sayā€™s ā€œUse indicators if you must, but use it to support your chart reading. Not the other way round. Do no read the indicators for an entryā€.

Iā€™d suggest you to first learn the concept and execute 10 trades at-least, without losses on different dayā€™s to see how this strategy works. Then you can add indies or such if u wish to. But the WE DO NOT MODIFY THE METHOD.

First thing is, we should clear with the bias (Long/Short) . Then the waves in H1. HH-LH/LL-HL along with the Support and Resistance will be a good call. We should be cautious about selling into support and buying into resistance. I committed this mistake many times.

And i see your EU short trade, what i feel is Eu should go up a lil bit before it shoots down, cause if you dee Daily TF, it has fallen so aggressively. Just my 2 cents.

kumi ā€¦hiā€¦
their opinions are valid.
but my advice isā€¦commit to your tradeā€¦you need to make decisions based on your TA ā€¦and follow them up.

i am also on the same trade and feeling very confident about itā€¦its a good call.

i will be taking most of profits at 1.2260 and leaving a bit to run depending on price action.

So if we expect price to rise today while breathing from the recent drop then wouldnā€™t this make tomorrow a buy under communist rules even though true bias would likely be truthfully sell? (assuming matching correlation with other currencies).

Awesome. I was jus thinking the same, I dinā€™t trade EU but entered long on EURNZD and now up by 53 pips.
I see the resistance in EU at 1.2400, thought the stops might be there. So it will be a good place to short if there are any sell signals.

Hello Brinkfx, Not to offend. But donā€™t you think selling low will be a bad idea ? Even if the trade goes into profit now, in the near future, itā€™l destroy the equity. Cause, newbies will be habituated at selling at those levelā€™s as they remind themselves about the same trade they took previously which went into profitā€™s.

Appreciate the input guysā€¦ Low and behold, Nikita and gs8888 were right, I got stopped out big time. How do they do it? How can you identify that the market will retrace? So the bias DOES hold, but my entry was ill timed?

sorryā€¦i dont use stop lossā€¦but on the same trade as you i am currently still running as shorts and this is the resultā€¦
i manage my trades carefully ā€¦so dont set stop loss and hopeā€¦watch and monitor price action.
like i said ā€¦here are results up to now.

sell 1 x EU----------1.2293----------1.2292----------------- + 1 pip
sell 1 x EU----------1,2275----------1.2294----------------- -19 pips
sell 2 x EU----------1.2282-----------1.2298---------------- 2x 16 pips = - 32 pips
sell 10 x eu --------1.2280-----------1.2293---------------- 10 x 13 pips = -130 pips
sell 10 x eu --------1.2297-----------1.2297----------------- 0 pips
sell 10 x eu --------1.2302-----------1.2298----------------- 10 x 4 pips = + 40 pips
sell 10 x eu --------1.2288-----------1.2280----------------- 10 x 8 pips = + 80 pips
sell 50 x eu --------1.2310 ----------1.2303----------------- 50 x 7 pipa = + 350 pips

all square.
TRADE COMPLETE [B]+ 290 pipsā€¦currently just over 2% up on total equityā€¦[/B] .

50 trades at 7 pip target ??? how do you even manage opening and closing so many positions ???

i manage all my positions all dayā€¦since 7am gmt.
this i class as just 1 trade.
follow price action and read itā€¦
and up the trade when its flowing my wayā€¦
and rescue trade if it goes against meā€¦
ideally i like to create a big cushionā€¦here it was the 50 * 7 pipā€¦

ps the target was not 7 pipsā€¦i have no targetā€¦when i put this position onā€¦i was confident price was moving the way i wanted it toā€¦hence the large positionā€¦otherwise i would not DAREā€¦only when i virtually know price is moving my way do i take on such positionā€¦
but it actually went about 10 or 11 pips but then started dropping and i closed the 50 pip so i bag the pips.

if trade was going my way ā€¦this 350 pips would have been used to carry some of the smaller positions through major swingsā€¦but that did not happen yet.

ps when i sell 50 ā€¦what it means is i sell a position 50 times my standard base sizeā€¦i dont type sell 50 times.just the once.
anywayā€¦i trade differently to mostā€¦as i dont ever think a position is lost until close of businessā€¦i fight for my moneyā€¦and generally always get it backā€¦even if the price moves against me drastically ā€¦i can get most of it backā€¦and i trust myself.

every day my book MUST INCREASEā€¦even if just 1 pipā€¦otherwise i am devastated.