Queries

Hi, may I request for some enlightenment on the following concerns/questions:

1. Do you have NY-close MT4 charts?

2. Do you provide no swap accounts?

3. What account is better for a long-term trader, the one with spread only or the one with a combination of spread and commission?

4. Is it possible to open an IB account with you, then link it to another trading account? In this way, while I trade with my trading account, I will generate rebates on my IB account?

Kind regards,

David

Hi DavidApol,

Thank you for your post.

Our candles are based on Eastern European Time (EET) or UK time +2. The first candle in the chart starts on Monday at 00:00:00 EET and the last candle closes on Friday at 23: 59:59 EET, which coincidentally does coincide with the NY close time of 17:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST). As long as the time difference between the UK and US is five hours this will be the case.

However, there are a couple of weeks in the year when this is out of sync. This is because of daylight saving time. In the United States, daylight saving time starts on the second Sunday of March and ends on the first Sunday of November. In the United Kingdom, it starts on the last Sunday in March and ends on the last Sunday in October. For 2014, the daylight saving time in the US will start on Sunday, 9 March 2014 and ends on Sunday, 2 November 2014. While in the UK, the daylight saving time will start on Sunday, 30 March 2014 and end on Sunday, 26 October 2014.

Yes, we do. Please contact our Client Services team in your country of residence, tell them your account number (if you have one).

This would be dependent on you. Why not try out a demo of each and see which one suits your trading style?

This would not be possible. However, our trading cashback promotion ended on 22 August 2014, where clients were eligible to receive $250 cashback. For details on our future promotions, please visit our website.

If you have any other questions, I’ll be happy to help.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

A technical question to Alpari. I’m on MT5 live account that has 2 options of fill policy - “fill or kill” & “immediate or cancel”.
I trade the news and I’m aware of the possibility of liquidity problems. In the meanwhile one order was canceled.
I was explained by Alpari’s rep that probably was no liquidity for that specific price.

What can I do to prevent such cancelations in the future considering that I CAN afford some slippage?
I see that the only way to set deviation is through tools->options->trade. Will this work?
And as I understand both the above said fill policies are immediate. Can I set some kind of time (latency) deviation? Thanks!

Hi Pupsik,

Thank you for your post. I do apologise for the delay in reverting to it. I have been away for the last fortnight.

I’ve replied to your question on another forum. However to reiterate, to factor in some slippage, is asking whether we know how much the spread will widen at any given moment in the future. This is something that we clearly do not know.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative