Question about robots

Sorry to jump in, not sure if this is the right place, but may I ask a question and for your advice please?

In Automated Trading, is it possible to run two different Expert Advisors on two different markets at the same time BUT to permit only one trade to be “open” at any one time? In other words, if EA “X” has opened a trade and now EA “Y” wants to open another trade, it is blocked? Can this be done in MT4?

Thanks.

Robots can barely make money for a Forex trader.
Forex robots, which are thought to be Forex robots that work, can solely find positive trends as well as trading signals, but occasionally their functionality is unfavourably affected by either jittery trends or false information.

A robot that has a signal filter and is directly operated will show a clear benefit and will not drop the trend :slight_smile:

I think it depends on which EAs you have used.
There are plenty of EAs and bots that produce regular and very decent returns…but you need to do your homework :wink:

If you write the EAs yourself you could certainly code them to behave that way.

1 Like

Hear hear :slight_smile:

Maybe you can offer any good EA? I have tested some in the past, and I was disapointed

I would say no, because the EAs dont know about each other. They’re not aware of the presence of the other EA.

do you have a recommendation ? I mean a good bot that filters signals and deliver great positions

I have only robots working on their own. They have rules, they “see” when to trade and when not to trade :slight_smile:

No need to apologize, questions are always welcome here! As for running two different EAs in MT4 but only allowing one open trade at a time, it’s indeed possible, but it requires a bit of work around.

Usually, EAs operate independently of each other, so each EA wouldn’t know if the other one has opened a trade. However, you could potentially write some additional code into each EA that checks for open trades before opening a new one.

Remember though, that’s just one way to approach it, and it might be worth reaching out to a more experienced coder or a community specifically dedicated to MT4 coding for more precise advice.