Question related to reliability of broker

Hey there, I recently get to know a broker named FBS.
As what I knew, the broker is regulated by VFSC.
Vanuatu sounds like an unsafe country, even poorer than my country Malaysia.

FBS has been founded for more than 10 years.
I’m not convinced enough to put my funds in.
Anyone can voice their opinion?

“Regulated in Vanuatu” means unregulated, in effect.

Brokers choose where to be regulated.

Brokers choosing to be “regulated” in Vanuatu are not making that choice to protect their customers’ interests, but their own.

2 Likes

I rather believe that it is regulated by MAS(Singapore)

for small amount of cash, when you want to familiar with real trading, open an account under “vanutu regulation” could be a solution but when you have 50k 100k greens on trading account it will be highly dangerous to open account under that “regulation”. For balance this situation ( small account and some regulations ) a solution could be gone to broker which is regulated by FCA, ASIC or CFTC and has department in other countries even Vanuatu, because broker ( in my opinion ) will not break brand which build from many years.

2 Likes

Have you looked at Interactive Brokers (“IB”)?

I know they are available in Malaysia. They are widely regarded as honest, reliable and good.

Personally, in your position I would definitely avoid IC, HFM, Avatrade and Exness.

Whatever you do, make sure before sending money that you have something in writing saying where your account is regulated, not just where the brokerage is regulated.

I agree with Pipsteroid. :open_mouth: If you’re really looking for credible brokers, my go-to recommendations are Forex.com and Oanda. I looked them up and they’re also available in Malaysia. :blush: Have you checked them out? :smiley:

1 Like