Question: What If Virtually Every Time You Trade You Get A Trade Like This

And It’s Guaranteed.

Comments?

your question obviously prompts the same response you were rightly given here:-

Note: And It’s Guaranteed.

Entering an Aud/Cad trade right before the RBNZ interest rate decision… the spread would be so wide that the whole trade will have a negative skew.
You ride that move by shorting the days leading up and holding through it, though not advised.

There’s no doubting this is a rewarding trade. With no other knowledge than what I see on my D1 charts, could I have replicated this? Possibly, in 3 ways -

1. sell order at the low of 23/05, which printed as a bearish outside key reversal day in an uptrend: not crazy but not a highly reliable pattern: there are too many of these signals per year to run them all anyway

2. sell order at the low of 18/05 which was a swing low in a potential uptrend: not crazy but not highly reliable: nothing marked this chart out as a great prospect

3. set a buy order at the high of 23/05 and a sell order at the low of 23/05, this being the day before an interest rate announcement: the buy would not have been triggered and would be cancelled when the sell was executed.
    No.3 is interesting.