Questions for Experienced Forex Trraders

I am just curious, for the experienced Forex traders, are you actually making profits?

Why did you decide to trade?

How long have you been trading for?

Roughly how long did it take before you got the hang of everything?

Did you have personal doubts?

I am a newbie that is clueless and just wants some insights about the future of a Forex Trader. I am aware that everyone’s story is different and in some cases the same. I just wanna hear a bit of your story…

1 Like

Almost all people who have tried trading have failed and probably no longer trade. Most people who take up trading in any given year will fail and will probably stop trading.

None of this should be important to you.

Most people who paint pictures make no money. Most people who take photographs never sell a picture. most people who write poetry are never published. Most people who buy and sell stamps and coins and antiques and designer handbags never become millionaires.

Just keep learning, and keep trading.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you so much tommor. :slightly_smiling_face:

I trade live on a small $500 account, because I enjoy the challenge, which used to be a roller coaster of emotional outbursts - albeit, I’ve learnt how to manage that.

My leverage is 1:100 and my standard lot size varies between 0.04 - 0.16. I will risk 1% per trade, and never have more than two correlated trades at any one time.

My strategy revolves around a Ichimoku set up and 3 ducks in a row charts. I WILL cut losses before reaching a S/L if my trade turns against me. I hate losing, but I hate losing big, more. By cutting losses quickly, I can live to fight another day with what I’ve saved.

There’s ALWAYS a better trade awaiting. I’ll aim to reach a winning trade break-even point and enter into a trailing take profit until the trend weakens. It’s profitable, albeit a slow ride to streets paved in gold…

My advice - do more of what works and less of what doesn’t. And remember, you’ll get what you want from the market - so be careful what you wish for.

best of luck
steve369.

3 Likes