"Quotes" worth quoting

[B]“There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can’t”[/B] — author unknown

Probably you have seen this ad here on the BabyPips forum:

It reminds me of two quotes from former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, in which she predicted the demise
of the euro currency, and ultimately the downfall of the European Union.

On the euro currency:

“The European single currency is bound to fail, economically, politically and indeed socially,
though the timing, occasion and full consequences are all necessarily still unclear.”

And on the fate of the European Union:

Europe is the result of plans. It is, in fact, a classic utopian project, a monument to the vanity of intellectuals,
a programme whose inevitable destiny is failure: only the scale of the final damage done is in doubt.”

— Margaret Thatcher

Great minds will always ENCOUNTER violent opposition FROM MEDIOCRE PEOPLE -Einstein

[B]"Trading was more teachable than I ever imagined.

Even though I was the only one who thought it was teachable … it was teachable beyond my wildest imagination."[/B]

— Richard Dennis, creator of the Turtle Trading Program, as quoted by Michael Covel in [I]The Complete Turtle Trader[/I]

[B]A bear began chasing two hikers.

One hiker, while being chased, stopped to put on running shoes.

As he was changing out of his hiking boots, his companion looked at him in horror and exclaimed,

“What in the world are you doing? You’ll never outrun the bear if you stop now!”

Calmly, the other hiker said, “I don’t have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you.”[/B]

From the Introduction to [I]Strategy 10: Low Risk, High Return Forex Trading[/I] by Rob Booker.

Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

The yes-but person always manages to find a negative that outweighs any positives. Or dreams out improbable rationalizations to excuse an obvious negative. Yes-but people get in their own�and others��way. - Dr. Arthur Freeman

Many of us grow up thinking of mistakes as bad, viewing errors as evidence of fundamental incapacity. This negative thinking pattern can create a self-fulfilling prophecy, which undermines the learning process. To maximize our learning it is essential to ask: �How can we get the most from every mistake we make?� - Tony Buzan

�focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it. - Greg Anderson

The Law of Win/Win says, �Let�s not do it your way or my way; let�s do it the best way.� - Greg Anderson

Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

[B]“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” [/B]

Thomas Jefferson

The famous physicist Niels Bohr often told a story about a horseshoe
he kept over the door of his country home in Tisvilde, Denmark.

When asked whether he really thought it would bring good luck, he replied,

[B]“Of course not, but I’m told it works even if you don’t believe in it.” [/B]

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. :slight_smile:

-o-

Every king was once a crying baby and every great building was once a sketch. It’s not about where you are today but where you’ll be tomorrow. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Here’s one my from my Dad:

“If your goal is to reach the moon, all you have to do is go slightly off course, and you will completely miss it.”

…shows the importance of the decisions we make.

I like Yogi’isms
"When you get to the fork in the road… take it"

“infinity gets pretty boring, especially towards the end”
-Unknown

“Funny as a screen door on a submarine”
-an old friend of mine

“You can’t sometimes never tell what to least expect the most”
-my dad

“Of all the people I’ve ever known, you are all certainly some of them”
-unknown

“Quitters never win and winners never quit”
-me… and probably others…

“if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all”
-HeeHaw
LOL

“There are 10 kinds of people in the world, Those who understand binary and those who don’t”
-Unknown

“Quantum mechanics use jumper cables”
-me

ok, that’s enough! :smiley:

One more good one…
I like to quote this one when ever someone tells me I have no common sense.

" common sense is what tell’s you the world is flat "

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.”

Frank Herbert, "Litany Against Fear" from [I]Dune[/I]

“Argue for your limitations and sure enough they’re yours”

Clint! You just quoted the best book in the history of the world!!!

I absolutely love Frank Herbert and his six Dune novels. The ones his son has continued on with are so and so, but if I were ruler of the world I’d give a posthumous Nobel literature prize to Frank Herbert.

Tolkien can go hide in a closet in comparison to Herbert!

hey watch it, I grew up on Lord of the Rings. :smiley:

I liked the Dune movies. cool set designs. looked like something from H.R. Geiger

Yeah, come on now, Tolkien was the man too…

“We aint had nothing to eat but maggoty bread for three stinking days”

“Yeah, why can’t we have some meat”?

"What about their legs? They don’t need those. :eek:

One more good one…

“you live and learn, or you die stupid”

“More money has been lost by trading impulsively than by any other means. Ask a novice why he went long on a currency pair and you will frequently hear the answer, “’Cause it’s gone down enough - so it’s bound to bounce.” We always roll our eyes at that type of response because it is not based on reason - it’s nothing more than wishful thinking.”

-Kathy Lien & Boris Schlossberg-

“Why ask why?”

• Beer commercial