"Quotes" worth quoting

Think me what instrument you will, though you may fret me, yet you can not play upon me.

-Hamlet, Shakespear-

That’s All Folks

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.

"All my life I have made mistakes, but in losing money I have gained experience and accumulated a lot of valuable [I]don’ts[/I].

I have been flat broke several times, but my loss has never been a total loss. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be here now.

I always knew I would have another chance and that I would not make the same mistake a second time.

I believed in myself. A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game."

Jesse Livermore (1877-1940) legendary stock speculator in the 1920’s
from his book [I]How to Trade in Stocks[/I] (1940)

“Livermore sometimes did not follow his own rules strictly. He claimed that his lack of adherence to his own rules was the main reason for his losses after making his 1907 and 1929 fortunes.”

Did Livermore die rich or poor?

Rich, died through suicide.

Jesse Lauriston Livermore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After the 1929 stock market crash, Jesse Livermore had a personal fortune in excess of $100 million, much of it made in the crash itself.

Five years later, in 1934, Livermore was bankrupt. There is no record of where the 100 million went.

After the 1929 Crash, the government drastically tightened the rules governing stock speculation, effectively outlawing most of the trading methods (primarily unrestricted short-selling) which Livermore had employed.

Livermore’s daughter-in-law, Patricia Livermore, says that this new, highly restricted trading environment killed her father-in-law’s interest in the stock market — the only occupation he had ever engaged in. And, she says, his interest in life ended soon after 1929, as well.

In 1940, not long after the publication of his book, [I]How to Trade in Stocks[/I], Livermore committed suicide. Depression and suicide plagued his family: Jesse Livermore, his son Jesse Jr, and his grandson Jesse III all committed suicide.

When Livermore married Harriet Noble, she was his third wife, and he was her fifth husband. In a macabre coincidence, all five of Harriet’s husbands, including Livermore, committed suicide.

Livermore was not rich at the time of his death. After his 1934 bankruptcy, he managed to scrape by, but never re-gained a significant part of his lost wealth. A small fortune (estimated at $5 million) was left to his heirs in trusts established soon after the Crash. Except for the fact that the 5 million was out of Livermore’s reach, it likely would have been lost along with the rest of his 100 million.

In many ways, Jesse Livermore was a tragic figure, in the Shakespearean sense. He was arguably the greatest stock speculator of the early 20th century. And he was possibly the greatest price-action trader of all time. And yet, he was plagued by demons, and those demons ultimately killed him.

Suicide? That’s sad.

Oh, I didn’t know he didn’t have access to the 5 million.

From our brilliant Vice President:

[B]“Well, you know, look, that’s the reason he ran for president,
to separate the future from the past.”[/B]

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden 

explaining to NBC’s Meredith Vieira how President Barack Obama hopes to change the culture of Washington
Jan. 28, 2010

Thanks to [B]Slate[/B], “The Complete Bidenisms”, A collection of the vice president’s gaffes and head-slappers. - By Jeremy Stahl - Slate Magazine

Thank God we have Obama to save the world. — Can you imagine if our future and our past were UN-separated?

heres a quote i came up with for those people who think they know and understand everything about a subject simply because they’ve heard a fact or two about it, trading imparticular!

“just because you know how to bark, doesnt mean you can speak dog!” - myself, lee jamie brown :slight_smile:

[b]
Woof!

Woof!

[/b]

funny, there are lots of barkers.

“if you can’t hang with the big dogs, stay on the porch with the puppies”

“I wouldn’t be so paranoid if everyone wasn’t out to get me”

This one is for the person who pretends to be a southern country boy.
"bless his heart"
A real southerner will know what that means.

And last but not least, a favorite movie line from 'Jeremia Johnson’
Two mountain men debating what month of the year it might be.
“March maybe, I don’t believe April. Wet muddy month down below. Some likes it. Farmers mostly.”

Well some people are mountain men, and some are farmers…
bless their hearts.

Here’s some that apply to Forex, all by the great Bruce Lee:

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

“…using no way as a way, using no limitations as a limitation”

“Simplicity is the key to brilliance”

“Forget about winning and losing, forget about pride and pain”

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
[I](This is the mantra I follow when trading, by the way)[/I]

“red rooster say, kock a doodle do, Rich woman say, any dude’l do”
-Mississippi John Hurt

lol

Do you have the blues?

Always!
hang my head an moan

[B]“We know everything[/B] about this particle. The only thing we don’t know is [B]if it exists.”[/B]

Rolf-Dieter Heuer, Director-General of the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), referring to the [B]Higgs boson[/B],
which the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), on the Swiss-French border near Geneva, will attempt to generate and detect in late March.

Interesting. The Higgs boson supposedly is responsible for mass. And I was wondering one day why mass would cause curved spacetime. A fourth spacial dimension might seem to be a good solution except that it would cause unstable planetary orbits. So much for that idea.

oh yeah, Trolls are easy to spot aren’t they? They have a lot of mass, but not much substance.

“There are some, although few indeed, on whom divine favour has bestowed the gift of contemplating, clearly and very distinctly, with scope of mind miraculously enlarged, in one and the same moment, as though under one ray of the sun, even the whole circle of the whole earth, with the ocean and sky about it”

-Colum Cille (521-597 AD)

:slight_smile:

“if this were the middle ages I’d be a renaissance man but as it ain’t it isn’t and as it isn’t I ain’t as it were.”
-me (2010)

:smiley:

[B]“Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off
as if nothing ever happened.”[/B]

British Prime Minister Winston Churchill (1874-1965)