"Quotes" worth quoting

Read The Manual

I won’t say the F word, It’s a bad word. Since you are from the Phillippines I don’t know how familiar you are with American english phrases. I think that one may be something that you only hear in the south.

We have some friends from the Philippines I don’t like the bitter melon or the little fried fish but I do like the lumpia! And there’s some kind of noodles with shrimp that I like, don’t remember what it’s called

Ha! I can guess what the F means now. :slight_smile:

I guess you are talking about ‘tuyo’??? But it could be the ‘dilis’ or anchovies.

I remember my aunt called “lumpia” an egg roll. :smiley: Yay! That is super yummy! I’m interested to know what other Filipino dishes have you tried. :wink:

Hmmm. Noodles with shrimp shrimp sauce… and lots of sliced hard-boiled eggs as toppings? and pork cracklings? Yummy! :smiley:

I think the noodle dish was called ponset ?

Oh… pancit :smiley:

like this one?

yep, pancit, that was it. Good stuff !

You should try other Filipino dishes too. Hihi (yum yum yum) :stuck_out_tongue:

A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking. -Earl Wilson :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[I]If you can’t make time for physical exercise now, you will sooner or later have to make time for illness.

[/I]
memory fails me as to the source

“Thinking can ruin your health. Which is why people turn to politics instead…”
–Norman Clegg

“If you get your brain into an alpha-brain-wave state, and you tell yourself (or have someone else suggest to you)
what you’d like to happen in the future — say, the picture of [B]you as a successful trader[/B] —
you WILL head in the direction of that picture you’ve created in your mind.”

Norman Hallett

This one I like:

'We believe that according the name ‘investors’ to institutions that trade actively is like calling someone who repeatedly engages in one-night stands a ‘romantic.’ - Warren Buffet.

Regards,

Dale.

And THIS one DESERVES a place:

‘The market is a hore. It’s out to fck as many people as it can. That’s its job.’ - Floored, The Movie.

Regards,

Dale.

And the last one (for the day):

‘To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.’ - Ronald Reagan.

Regards,

Dale.

OK: LAST one.

‘There are old traders around and there are bold traders around, but there are no old, bold traders around.’ - Bob Dinda.

Regards,

Dale.

One of my favorites - and a real truism…

[B][I]“You never get a second chance to make a first impression”[/I][/B]

Another fave (during my teaching days I used to toss this out to students at the start of a semester)…

[B][I]“The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up”[/I][/B]

This thread is just begging for a Gordon Gekko quote…here ya go.

“We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you’re not naive enough to think we’re living in a democracy, are you buddy?”

-Gordon Gekko, Wall street. 1987.

…and don’t forget, “Greed is good”. :stuck_out_tongue:

[I]About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves the ends.[/I]

[B]Herbert Hoover [/B]

[I]Don’t let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn’t go with it. [/I]

[B]Colin Powell [/B]

I found these the other day and have been meaning to post them but have not gotten around to it until now (Clint’s post on another thread today reminded me):

‘An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.’ - Laurence J. Peter.

‘An economist’s guess is liable to be as good as anybody else’s.’ - Will Rogers.

‘Ask five economists and you’ll get five different answers - six if one went to Harvard.’ - Edgar R. Fiedler.

‘If all the economists were laid end to end, they’d never reach a conclusion.’ - George Bernard Shaw.

‘The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers.’ - Edgar R. Fiedler.

‘Teach a parrot the terms “supply and demand” and you’ve got an economist.’ - Thomas Carlyle.

Enjoy.

More to come tomorrow!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.