I used to be fast
Now I’m only half fast

:smiley:

“Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail.”
–> Elliot Smith

“I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy”
–> Unkown

“I’d call you witty, but I’d only be half right”
–> Don’t know original, but heard it from a Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance Character on PS2

“You can run, but you’ll only die tired.”
–> Same character !

“Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most”
–> Ozzy Osbourne

“I’d rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy”
–> Unkown

“I’d call you witty, but I’d only be half right”
–> Don’t know original, but heard it from a Baldur’s Gate Dark Alliance Character on PS2

the frontal lobotomy one, I heard on the Dr. Demento show on the radio years ago.

the halfwit one is hilarious!
reminds me of this one

“he’s sharp as a tack… and twice as flat headed”

Can’t say I’ve heard of Dr. Demento. Sorry ! I thought it may have come from the Goon Show, but I can’t be sure.

“What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.” — Warren Buffett

A day without blood, is like a day without sunshine.

“History will show that Greenspan, during his years as Fed chairman (1987-2006), planted all the seeds of the financial calamity that erupted in 2007 and 2008. For the same reason a disease cannot be cured by more of the germ that caused it, the inflation and debt accumulation of the Obama years will not inflate our way out of it. This depression will likely last and last. If the depression lasts a decade or more, it’s length cannot be blamed solely on Greenspan. That blame will be placed on the current Federal Reserve Board, Congress, the President, the Treasury, but above all on Keynesian economic policy, the same philosophy that gave us the Great Depression of the 1930s.”

Former Congressman Ron Paul (R-Tex), in his book [B]End the Fed[/B] (2009), p.94

1 Like

“The more things change the more they stay the same”

“The Lottery is a tax on those who never took statistics.”
(Anonymous)

Regret is the most expensive thing. Van Halen

K’Ehleyr: "You are not even looking at me."
Worf: “I am familiar with your appearance.”

:smiley: COLD!!!

“Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it,” —Irving Berlin.

“Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude toward us" —Earl Nightingale

“There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.” —W. Clement Stone

“Life is a grindstone. But whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.” —L. Thomas Holdcraft

The original intelligent thinking substance is in all things. Its in God and its in you. God must supply your needs in order to supply His own. Otherwise, nature would be divided against itself and that is against the law. --David Y. Brown

"All through time, people have basically acted and reacted the same way in the market

as a result of: greed, fear, ignorance, and hope.

That is why the numerical formations and patterns recur on a constant basis.”

Jesse Livermore, [I]How To Trade In Stocks[/I] (1940)

“When you’re young, and you’re in a slump, you’re just in a slump.
When you’re old, and you’re in a slump, you’re just old.”

Mary Carillo, NBC Sports commentator, covering tennis at Wimbledon

“Who is looking for a beautiful, smart, lovely woman is not looking for one, but for three.”

That’s my free style translation from German. I do not know who wrote that.

If all else fails… RTFM ! :stuck_out_tongue:

What does RTFM mean? :confused: