Rainbow Fringe Indicator

Hello all! To remain on topic, I will keep my intro short. I have recently started trading Forex, there ya go, introduction enough for me, lol.

I have gone through quite a few “Systems” and compared them to my original strategy of viewing the charts as the line of a electrocardiograph (heart bleep machine). The charts have ups, downs, and sometimes they have their own version of an infarction. I really like The Amazing Crossover Indicator as far as a ‘system’ goes, so I improved upon it in a way that gives me supports-resistances, market trends, and a buy sell indicator all in one.

Introducing: The Rainbow Fringe Method

Apply 11 EMA Indicators in the following manner and colours. These numbers follow the Fibonacci sequence, which I find to be an integral(can’t work without it) part of this ‘system’. The colors I believe are also integral, in that they help one visualize the movement as a fringe or lace ribbon. Though I imagine a particular color scheme might be of more value to one person than another. I recommend trying to keep the colors in a spectrum, and keeping all EMI’s value 55 and greater in a thicker line gauge than the lower ones.

Note: I use Oanda, thus my colors were derived based upon my limitations.

EMA Value ___ Color

EMA (3) | Purple/Fuschia/Hot Pink
EMA (5) | Blue/Med Blue
EMA (8) | Cyan (Light Sky-ish blue)
EMA (13) | Pink/ Salmon
EMA (21) | Orange/Burnt Umber
EMA (34) | Red/Fire Engine
EMA (55) | Green/ Grass
EMA (89) | Yellow/ Lemon
EMA (144) | Brown/ Milk Chocolate
EMA (233) | Purple/Fuschia/Hot Pink
EMA (377) | White
EMA (499) | White

You will notice I used 12 EMA’s. This is because Oanda doesn’t allow an EMA higher than 499. Thusly I used the max that was made available to me.

In the end I generally use this to confirm price trends and reversals that I can already see beginning to form in the candles. So far, even I’m still learning how to read it, but it seems quite functional in all time frames due to its Fibonacci numbers. Remember to keep an eye on your long term and short term trends though. Its always smarter to buy at a low point in an up trend, or a high point in a down trend. NEVER trade when on the weeks/days time frames when it looks like its gonna do a wonky reversal or something. Find a long term week/day time frame with supported resistances and supports, and trade on the hourly level within those long-term trends. This raises the percentage of a successful trade in a very noticeable degree.

NOTE: I am new new new new new, to this. Though I have loooong wanted a way to buy some foreign money then sell it to make a profit, so I have been awaiting this for many years. I just had to find it cause it was just sitting out there :slight_smile: . Forex on the retail level I mean. Anyway, Ill stop tangent-ing on like this, and just say GIVE ME ALL THE FEED BACK YOU FEEL LIKE TYPING!! IF it seems to be constructive advice and not just calling me a “Newb”, I will read every last word!! Thank you all! I bid thee adieu.

As my screen name implies, lets get cookin’!
~BettyCrocker