Range bound or Trend trading? Picking tops and bottoms

Trying to see if this is easier to see. How’s this look?

I like it…how about you all?

Watcha think? You can load a maximum of 5 pics. If it works it makes it much easier to see.

Didn’t work the way I wanted it to. I wanted to load the pics in the large mode, where they show on the thread.
Any one know how to do that?

I like it like this as the way cooldude does it.

Why was he banned? He was just trying to help.

Had a few cool trades yesterday.

You mean like this?..

or like this…

& this…lol

After you upload the pic(s), click on each at a time to get the larger view, right click on it and highlight & copy the URL from the address bar. Then paste it to your post, putting it in between the command tags for each pic. It may be quicker to copy & paste the urls to a text editor like notepad, then edit your post to without having to back & forth for each pic…like I just did…:wink:

Hi Sweep pip

How did you do that?

Can you post another example like that with 3 time frames?

GBPUSD I’m wondering if cooldude has a rule about where it is currently trading on the BB. Seems like if it is at the top of the BB it would be more likely to trade sideways or down.

Still not able to post large pics. Guess I’ll keep trying.

hey quick question
if the candles are trading above the 200MA but the 200Ma is pointing downwards (and the candles are closing lower) do you still consider this a short term uptrend. Please look at attachment with the brown box highlighted for clarification. thanks

Cooldude has been banned, so Im going to answer what I think.

This is his original quote.

We begin by looking at the daily chart to ascertain what direction we looking to trade by using the common Bollinger Band indicators middle line. A pair trading above the 20SMA is in short term up trend. A pair trading below the 20SMA is in a short term down trend.

You using the 200MA, it will confuse you. :wink:

Here is a trade on USD/CAD

Daily was nicely below the SMA, hourly touched top bands and made a bullish engulfing pattern.

Cool trade, thanks Cooldude

Don’t you “Bearish engulfing”?

Don’t you mean 20sma? The 20sma is the middle line on the BB. As I understand the rules…the price action must no only be above or below the middle band but also the middle band (20) must not be pointing in the opposite direction. You want it flat or pointing in the same direction.

Oooops, I meant Bearish, thanks for pointing that out PTB

Very good observation PTB, yes you want it the SMA time frame you trading to be either flat or pointing in the direction you want to enter.

Hi

I like the idea of a 1:1 risk/reward, Im trying 3% on each trade, you dont have to wait so long.

Here are a few of my trades.

A few more.

Hi PTB,
Yes i meant 20sma. thanks for pointing that out.

Damn Monkey trader. U get a lot of trades in. Are you always by your computer watching or you use some kind of indicator alert syste,? I am trying out a bolinger band alert system that lets you know when price hits the lower or upper bolinger band.

Hi

I dont have an alert and not sure how to even go about it, I just have a look through the pairs every hour.

If i see the 15min price approaching the bands in the opposite direction to the hour then I sit and wait.

This is todays trade, daily below, hour SMA slopping down and a test of top bands on 15min. Nice reverse bar not to close to the SMA on 15min. If price reverses close to the SMA on any time frame I stay away.