RAR file installation

can anyone help with the installation of this rar file on mt4… I think I did everything correct, since I’ve extracted it to desktop copy pasted it on MQL4, but it dose not appear on my indicators, please anyone, help!,

No file found in your post, sorry :frowning: Are you sure you pasted in the correct MQL4 folder? Most probably you have following paths to MQL4: C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4 Terminal\MQL4\Indicators and C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\instance ID for example c4ce7e5647da1eb91e3c2593c03b1a28 \MQL4\Indicators. The second one is the correct one. To be sure you are opening the right path start your MT4 go on File/Open Data Folder and than MQL4 -> Indicators. Try pasting the file there and restart MT4 to find your indicator in Navigator window.
Hope that helps :wink:

thank you for your responds, i think maybe I would need a link for a mt4 that can install this rar format, your example ‘c4ce7e5647da1eb91e3c2593c03b1a28’ and mine are so different C:\Users\prince\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\E6734F6041F45FBC490D7BD7FB1CB8E3, and tried everything you told me but still no joy, please advise

My example was with my instance name. Basically it’s a totally random combination of numbers and letters so it’s not important that yours is completely different to mine.
I am not sure I understand what do you mean with RAR format. As for a link for MT4 I am not sure that it can be downloaded anymore from their site: MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform since they started more aggressively promoting MT5 this year. Thus you’ll need to get MT4 from a broker which supports it. Where did you get the indicator you try to install (any link or source so I can test it on my PC)?

Ohk I get you, thought these numbers suppose to make a deference between your mt4 and mine. I bought the indicator and the guy sent it via email, and it is in RAR format as opposed to the ones usually used on mt4 like your EA and EX4,.
About a link, I don’t think that will be possible, but if possible and we are allowed to do so I can send one of the RAR format indicators so you can test it and let me know

Wow no! You cannot add directly the RAR file into MT4. You need to extract it first (try using Winrar, Peazip or 7zip or any other program which allows you to extract RAR files) and then paste the files in the correct path.

that was so helpful, I managed to get the winrar program installed on my PC and extracted the file, thank you so much…

1 Like