RAR file to work on my mt5

Good days lovers and all the traders, plz I’m new here and I need help from all of you to help me.
I purchased a trading robot and it’s a rar file, how can I do it to make it work on my mt5.
Please help me, I’m having a hard time to do this .
Thanks so much.

Hello. :open_mouth: I haven’t really worked with an EA before but I tried looking around the forums for other threads that might help. :open_mouth: This one’s for installation on MT4 but it might give you a better idea about how you could do it. :open_mouth: Good luuuck! :blush:

Hi I think you should unpack files and install mql5 code in Experts folder. Regards Greg

RAR files are just compressed files like a ZIP file. You need a program to “extract” or unpack the file, as the files you need are inside the RAR file. Compressed files are easier to share and upload and download from the Internet, because normally the file size of the compressed file is smaller than if you added up the file sizes of the single files in the RAR file. And it’s easier to share a single file than it is to share 2 or 3 or 4 related files separately.

WinRAR and WinZIP come to mind. Windows operating system might actually unpack or open the RAR file natively, so built-in, and there’s nothing to install. Just double-click on the file and see what happens, or right-click it and see if there’s an option to unzip/unpack/extract. If not, you need some other program.

Thanks everyone for this information, I’m sure it will definitely help a lot.

As far as I know it’s not anymore possible to add a bot on metatrader 5, at least you will need to find a metatrader4 broker who is ready to send you the right files, and after it, they can be added to you metatrader5.