Ratings on US brokers

I am new member to this site, but have been reading posts for almost a year as I have been trading on a demo account. I am now ready to open a live account and am disappointed in the overall reviews of brokers that accept US clients. I would like to know, and hear ratings about brokers accepting US clients, whether they be US based or off-shore. It would also be good to know their deposit requirements, margin ratios, min. lot sizes, etc. I am also concerned (but, know that it doesn’t make a broker better) if they are regulated or not.

Thanks, in advance, for all of your input.

First of all you need to say whether you are a US citizen or you do have some address in another country.

After all this will make a lot of difference in you being able to trade with a broker that does not accept US clients :slight_smile:

Thought is would be kind of obvious that I am a US citizen if I am looking for brokers that accept US clients. So, let me be clear.

I am a US citizen looking for ratings and details (like deposit requirerments, margin ratios, min. lot sizes, etc.). Also, whether they are regulated or not. I have been researching a few brokers like FXCM and FXGlory, but would like to know about others.

Thanks for your input.

NFA brokers | NFA registered Forex brokers try this site and forexpeacearmy dot com

Try ILQ if you have some decent dough. They are good.

Hi Trg,

I know you already answered Dominator’s question, but just to be clear: Are you a US citizen living in the US? or are you a US citizen living outside the US?

The reason I ask is that US forex regulations apply based on US residency, not US citizenship. If you live in the US, then regulations will only allow a CFTC-regulated broker to offer you forex trading. If you live outside the US, then even though you are a US citizen, you can still open an account a broker that’s regulated in the UK or Australia.

Good hunting!

Jason

Yes, I am a US citizen living in the US. I understand the CFTC regulations, but I also understand that some brokers taking US citizens living in the US are unregulated. FXGlory for one. Is there a list of the CFTC brokers? Is there a list of the brokers that are unregulated, but still accept US citizens living in the US?