Recompiling

Hello all at Babypips,

I have been using an EA on 3 demo accounts (Hotforex, Iamforex and Vantage) for a couple of weeks now,
no problems at all.

As I am thinking of opening a live account with Pepperstone I wanted to try the EA out on their demo account so added the EA to the experts folder but I was getting an error message in Experts.

Cannot open file ‘C:\ Program Files (x86) MetaTrader -Pepperstone\experts\indicators\HMA.ex4’ on the USD/CHF 1H

So I deleted the EA from the Experts folder and added it again, turned off MT4 and restarted it, still no good.

I have used EA’s for a long time so I know I need to go to tools, options, EA’s and enable.
I added and tried a few other EA’s and they open and work as they should on the Pepperstrone account.

I googled and found a thread here on Babypips

I had to remove the link as I do not have enough posts even though the link was a babypips post.

about how to compile an indicator, I did not know if this applies to an EA too but tried it anyway.
Now when I apply the EA to a chart I get a different error message.

HMA Trend EA USDCHF H1 executable file is corrupted please recompile it.

I do not know how to recompile, I tried compiling again but still get the same error message as above.

Is recompiling the same a process and compiling?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have never heard of the second problem, but the first one is quite common. It means that the EA requires the HMA indicator in order to operate. If you had fixed that problem, the EA would probably worked just fine. Whatever you did caused a new problem that I have never heard of before. Question - do you have the source code (.MQ4) ? If you do, then you should have no problems.

Thanks for the reply.

Well I have got rid of the second problem by deleting the EA from Pepperstone and copy and pasting it from a demo account.

I did and do have the indicator on the chart and have added the EA but am getting the first error message again.

Cannot open file ‘C:\ Program Files (x86) MetaTrader -Pepperstone\experts\indicators\HMA.ex4’ on the USD/CHF 1H

So is the error message related to the indicator and not the EA?

Right. There is nothing wrong with the EA. Focus on why the indicator is missing oe can’t be accessed by the EA? Usually a simple explanation.

Right. There is nothing wrong with the EA. Focus on why the indicator is missing or can’t be accessed by the EA. Usually a simple explanation.

Many thanks.

After deleting the indicator and adding it again everything is working fine.

I like to follow my own system by hand , as most brokers don’t allow it and also automated trading teaches me nothing spoiling my habits.