Regulation has been a common theme in crypto recently

Hmmm. :thinking: Looks like governments and authorities are really driven to implement a strategy for policies and regulations on crypto. :thinking: I wonder how this will progress in the long run.

@ria_rose Regulation is not necessarily a bad thing. The real issue is whether or not the regulations are written in the best interest of retail traders or the institutions. My experience tells me regulations will benefit the institutions.

2 Likes

Hi,
We are in speculative territory here, but I am taking a strong position on the future of crypto for my family personally. I have committed to a series of five study courses associated with blockchain and have only completed the first course which is the easiest. I have a plan to finish all this by June, though I am yet to estimate the total effort involved.

There is enormous demand from the public, but until the USA, EU etc at least state the dates by which they will have a regulatory position for review, let alone put in place laws that will apply to such investments, there will be limited further growth from individuals. On the other hand, a few more El Salvadors may speed up the decision making process somewhat before the West loses the advantage of prime mover in this area.

Mavericks like Michael Saylor have taken big risks and so deserve big rewards for their actions when Crypto regulation with laws, basis of taxation, and penalties for lack of due diligence about KYC and ethical treatment of crypto holder assets get put in place.

I am more interested in the long run, and I don’t think it will take too long for the likes of the USA, UK, Singapore and the EU to get the laws and authority documents in place so that current legal corporations know what they can, can’t and “should not” act or do.

The future use cases for networks (crypto ecosystems), Dapps, DAOs, DACs, liquidity pairs are yet to be fully explored and understood, but if I were to have to choose between “little impact at all on world business” and “massive impact on world business”, my opinion gravitates towards the latter.

2 Likes

@Mondeoman I think some people overlook crypto as a technology. Your last paragraph in your post hits the target dead center. We’re really just getting started.

Hi @Jason2782

Most people have heard of Kevin O’Leary. I found this Youtube video today that supports what we are thinking.

1 Like

@Mondeoman I’ve seen this video before and I never get tired of watching it. I’m glad you shared it here. We need more eyes on it.

Regulation is certainly having an effect.
In the past week the crypto industry saw net outflows in the amount of 97 million USD, as investors try to adjust to the impact of the expected Fed rate hikes and overall monetary tightening in the wake of a four decade high inflation figures in the US and the disruption of the global trade caused by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

This is the second straight week of outflows after in the first week of April investors withdraw some 134 million USD mainly from U.S. related crypto funds. This time some 88% of the outflows come from European funds.

Yup and then it’ll just trickle down to us small fry. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@mlawson71 The numbers are staggering. The hardest lesson I learned last year was the realization that I am at the mercy of policy makers and institutions. They control the markets. It’s their game and it always will be. I have so much to learn.

I was really shocked by them too, It’s incredible how popular cryptos have become.

Some regulation is needed, but let’s not overregulate it. We need crypto.

Unfortunately, that’s usually the case. :sweat:

I think it’s my first time hearing about this? :open_mouth: Do we have to pay for these courses? :open_mouth: I would also love to check them out if given the chance cause crypto is definitely here to stay and I wanna be more knowledgeable about it. :sweat_smile:

Actually, I talked to a friend about these regulations and he thinks it’s also possible that this will make crypto more attractive to more people. :thinking: Right now, a lot of people in our country still think that crypto is used mainly for money laundering and illegal activities because of its lack of regulations. :confused: I’m also looking forward to what happens next and how this would affect crypto in general.

Yes, I decided to pay £1,000 in total for the series of five courses. In the UK that is about the same as you pay for a five day residential course for common certifications in IT such as PMP, Agile, ITIL (£1,000 to £2,000). Many of these courses are sponsored by employing organisations but I am an independent contractor so I choose to maintain my own “qualifications” up to date.

Here is a link to the Udemy courses. I suggest browsing a lot, reading the curricula, then deciding. They discount up to 75% on some courses.

I paid ÂŁ12 for this one on 28Dec2021 - an end of year special offer.

1 Like

Relatively cheap compared to other highly technical topics. This is a great way to get exposed to the future of finance!