Replacement of Theresa May (UK current PM)

Here is one who is likely to be one of the front-runners. However she was in the process last time and backed off. Leaving a clear run for the present incumbent.

SHe got a great job as a reward and has been “talking up” ‘May’s Treaty proposal’ throughout. Apparently through clenched teeth and against her better judgement !

She talks a good talk - but can we trust her ?

Here’s another one I have heard tipped ! From this interview - I’m VERY Wary of Him !
I can’t imagine why some people are seriously tipping HIM !

One thing I didn’t know is mentioned by Piers Morgan here - "How long did it take the other 27 members of the EU to agree to this deal ?

Apprently it took them 38 minutes ! - because for the first 37 - They could not stop laughing !

Yet in this country, those who want Brexit - Will NOT let this Proposed Treaty of May’s through the House of Commons - even on fear of splitting the Conservative party - It is THAT Dreadful !

Andrea Leadsom has a solid pre-government CV and as decent a record as an MP and Minister as anyone else. Her upper middle class background is not a help, she comes across as stiff, stuffy, and slightly supercilious. Definite candidate material.

1 Like

I agree @tommor That’s what I was saying - She has a degree in Political science at Warwick - so that’s a black mark as far as I’m concerned - but then she worked in Banking for 20 years or so if Wiki is to be believed - SO at least she has “Had a proper job” and has Some experience with monetary issues - which would seem to imply that her “WTO” Exit stance gains credibility from that. and as I said she “Talks the talk”

Trouble is she bottled out of the first go, has been talking up “May’s deal” in contradiction of her conscience. I’m not in any way convinced she has either the integrity to hold to her opinions and / or words - or the raw courage to do anything other than “Wimp away” from any real conflict !

Dominic Raab- here is the breaking news of his resignation, including the reading fo the letter he wrote.

.Here he is speaking to Sky - This deal is the worst of All possible alternative - I think we can still turn it Around !

then we have this fella -

He should have been the one to have taken us through this process - but was stabbed in teh back by Michael GOVE - supposedly his “true friend” at the last moment - leaving the road clear for MAY !

Interesting that the way forward just seems to have “cleared itself” for her to get to sit in the chair. :thinking:

I’m pretty sure Boris WOULD have done the deal in a meaningful way and we would be out long since !

However that does not change the fact that - yes he resigned from the Cabinet in supposed protest, BUT at the last vote - HE Chose to vote for “MAY’s Treaty” instead of the interests of his country.

I am disappointed.

It all depends on how you view the interests of the country.

Is it really in the interests of the country to leave the EU but fall prey to a Marxist government?

In any case, a Remain outcome to this whole issue would probably lead to Brexit eventually anyway. Does anyone think our a majority of our MP’s and Lords at any time in history or the future would agree to the UK becoming a cluster of federal states in a United States of Europe?

@tommor - They’ve already DONE it mate !- Nothing more has to be done - We’re 90% of the way there !

And Right from Ted Heath taking us in all those years ago, “the Project” have had the same Intention. The Civil Service pointed it out in a report to Heath and all Ruling Politicians have known it ever since - Maastricht, Lisbon - Just Treaties advancing “the cause” and restricting members rights in an insidious and devious way.

You and I might have been asleep whilst it was happening - since we are used to teh Govt “being on our side” - but what we have now is entirely different from what you and I are used to - these are “Administraters” - NOT “Government” - You identified it yourself some days / weeks ago “Career Politicians”

That’s why we need to look at what the actuality is - That is why All the rest of the EU Countries are realising what is going on and saying “Non” as well - It’s not just us in the UK mate - but since we are not actually stuck in that dreadful “Common currency” yet it is seemingly easier for us to disentangle but the rest of Europe is equally or more terrified of this takeover bid - it just doesn’t get onto “the news” - because “They” don’t want us to know that !

Make no mistake mate - You need to actually start to THINK about this - do some research, find out !

[Edit @tommor - I know you feel safe in your view of “Our Parliament” as actually working “For” ou best interests, which is as it should be and (Possibly) used to be. - But it seems self obvious now that the people who are taking our money, The “Elite” (though I hate to call them that ) is not the same as it used to be -

So what would it really take to convince you that your grand - childrens future is in severe danger from this “Globalist Agenda” ? ]

In many ways staying in and J Corbyn (if that’s what you mean) - are much the same thing - but with one HUGE difference - After 5 years we can vote Corbyn OUT !

However, Neither Labour nor that other pile of Admin Clerks who have tricked their way into Westminster are actually “Fit for Purpose” nor “Fit for Useage” - Hence we have absolutely no choice but to defeat them both under the Brexit Banner and change the voting system within this country to take away this Entitlement Culture the politicians seem to think is their right, and teach them who are the real Boss.

Make no mistake - the prospect of a possible 5 years under Corbyn with Brexit as opposition, [More likely Brexit in first place with Corbyn as opposition really ! ] is the least of our worries at the moment - the very worst option we have is “No Change” - You and I might be dead before the worst excesses come to pass - but we owe it to our children and grand-children to Get a clean break from the EU and destroy this “Conservative” (in name only) party" - The best of them can always apply to join the Brexit party as many members and “Donors” already have :sunglasses:

But that applies equally to the very best of what is left of the other parties too of course.

Good luck.

I guess I should have known better than to ask really ! :smiley:

6 Minutes from Norman Lamont about John Major dragging us into the Maastricht Treaty and him refusing to sign it !

He speaks of “Black Wednesday” - We do have a fascinating video about that one - from the sadly missed days when the BBC did Fair and Reasonable documentaries - I’l see if I can find it !

Here it is - Note it says “5 Years ago” - The documentary was made in 1997 - ENJOY !

Note the disastrous effects of having currencies from differing places on the cycle locked together and one country having to be the same as another.

Note also George Soros (minute 22- 24) saying "the Bundesbank were egging us on to speculate against the weaker currencies - we took our lead from them ! " - One should point out at this time the “Bundesbank” were supposedly our “Partners” !

Nope - it was white Wednesday - the scene was set day previous, Tue, Sep 15th 1992, when Soros shorted GBP - Boe had to buy as per ERM.

And then then early in the morning next day they raised rates right up to 15% - so guess the winners and losers - Banks 1 / small business 0.

The BB set higher rates because of re-unification and the German fear of inflation, originating between WW1 and WW2, and still exists to this day - ask Jens Weidmann.

This one - I do not “Know” - but his CV looks quite sound and at least he has some interest in Economics - “Austrian School” id not exactly to my taste but has some pretty serious devotees !

I think the documentary sets it out very well .

Yes I know some now think of it as “White wednesday” because it shows just how lucky we were that we were able to jump out of the ERM and towards Future Independence - unlike Italy and Greece for example who did not understand the disaster of having a weakish economy tied fiscally to a very strong one without any adjustment mechanism. Very Lucky!

I think the documentary shows very well what a total disaster our Government then and in fact our Government Now are when it comes to anything to do with money.

Scary stuff - Pay out £39 Billion - for absolutely nothing in return anyone ! :thinking:

Apparently she’s going to bring it back AGAIN - 4th Time - But she’s thinking she might “Publish the bill” first ! (Note the comment "Containing a lot of Horrors " as far as Brexit MPs are concerned ! ) About 20 seconds in .

Here is a link to a phone in Jacob Rees Mogg does on a Friday evening 6-7 pm where he talks about current issues with various callers. There are a few “News breaks” etc - but you can drag the cursor through them easily. Worth hearing what he has to say about the collapsed Corbyn /May talks today.

So we believe that she will HAVE to go now at the beginning of June. Donald Trump arrives on monday the 3rd and she is supposed to be appearing in Peterborough on 6th to support the Conservative candidate in the by-Election caused by the sacking of that dreadful woman fiona something or other (Onasanwe ? sp). - I’ll bet her “Candidate” just wishes she would stay away!

Anyway Boris has thrown his hat in the ring now and is probably the best chance the Conservatives actually have in keeping their party in one piece !

Sadly I think it will be impossible now for a woman to win the leadership, since I am sure people will be asking how, after such a wonderfully efficient woman as Maggie, the next one we got was this May woman ! ? - I suspect people may be questioning whether the doctrine of “Affirmative action” ? was invoked in this case ? And even if May did in fact get her selection and promotions on merit, It would be difficult for anyone to prove that ! [especially in view of empirical evidence to the contrary - from her time as Home Secretary with things like the WIndrush Generation and her disastrous decision to call a snap election, through the debacle of her “Negotiations” - and this ridiculous insistence that repeating the same action of bringing the despised “Treaty” back for MP’s to vote on yet again and expecting a different result]

In fact, I can’t think of anything Positive to say about her actions - can anyone else ?

One fears this underlying question af the shadow of possible “Affirmative Action” may well reflect on the attitude towards the other women in the party as well - and since we do know that in 1997 Blair had numerous “women only shortlists” This credibility gap doubt will probably be apparent in other parties as well ! [Edit - AND probably persist for several Generations ! ]

I recently watched one of their meetings. The whole room was noisy and seems like they just want to start a fight with everyone lol. Will be interesting to see how this play out.