RoboPip systems implementation

Hello there,
I am planning to implement Robopip’s systems :

• Bollinger band
  • Inside Bar
  • SMA Crossover

I will create EA’s that are as close as possible to original rules, and run them on properly chosen pairs. Every week, I will try to compare them with Robopip’s results.

WARNING: This is not to prove whether Robopip is wrong. My time zone and broker is different, that will have an impact on results. However, after brief testing, I can see that methods are still profitable for my local setting.

Any ideas are appreciated, but please do not be upset if your post will be removed - I would like to keep thread clean.

May the pips be with you!

2 Likes

Good luck with this @pioter! :smiley: I think there are a lot of great systems over here and I’m actually trying out the HLHB for myself! :blush: I’ll definitely watch out for this! :blush:

(I don’t mind if you want this post to be removed. :smiley: Haha. I just want you to know that this is a great idea! :smiley: )

Cool idea! Sharing this one on BabyPips’s social media accounts! Let me know if you’d like us to tag you! Looking forward to your updates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!
For sure more popularity will help, although I can not post source code right now - it is an early fast attempt to evaluate the strategies.
Once the mechanics will be tested, and result show some future, I will rewrite them in more OOP manner. Then I think we could collaborate on GitHub, to modify for better results.

@ria_rose If you create a HLHB thread, I will for sure follow that :slight_smile:

Short-Term Bollinger Reversion Strategy

I am posting first results, to show that we are not only talking here :wink:

Week 02-09 August 2018
Transactions taken are the same as Robopip’s.

Week July 26 - August 02
No trades, the same as in original system.

I have also tested other weeks, and results were consistent.

Now comes the question, how is it performing then ?
Let’s see :

WARNING: My modeling quality is just above 50%, which is bad. However, system makes trading decision basing on complete candles of the same timeframe, so live tick emulation is not much important. It is still a factor, but for this overview, should be enough.
Used size: 0.4lot
Initial depo 10k USD

ibb.co/f6OuwU

USDCAD for year of trading is on breakeven, balancing around initial deposit. This is very good, leaves room for improvement. I have to remember, that EA can have glitches.
More detailed report will come in future.

This is just a nice chart of a pair that is providing profit.
I am planning to create configs for metatrader, to automatically test each strategy on all provided pairs. I will be able to find pairs which are best suited for given system. (but should not be “fitted”, that will be taken under consideration later :wink: )

SUMMARY:
Strategy is not behaving identically as original one, but definitely has potential! I will work on it.

Sorry mods for going around the rules :smiling_imp:

Inside Bar Momentum Strategy 2.0

This is a tricky one, as my timezone is not producing the same 4H candles. I am running this EA on 1H bars, and create 4H candles artificially, to match the ones from original strategy.
I am UTC+2 (Warsaw) right now, so my 4h candles starts when: hour % 4 == 2.

I do not know Robopip’s timezone, but I have aligned my charts with his to establish proper time offset.

Week 01-08 August 2018
I will explain all transactions in detail :

First transaction has been triggered, the same as in original thread.
Enter PRice: 112.011, StopLoss: 111.736
It coincides with original strategy’s entry, what is proofing correct time shift for 4H bars creation.

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/1/3/13e9c14dd60066a60546a2e6f03c47ef7d72d704.PNG

The second transaction has not been taken by my system, because High of 2nd bar is higher than High of 1st bar. This is very smal difference : 0.6 pip.
This situation of course will happen, as my broker has different source.

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/0/7/0718f347b3491654e24c94eedccf91923e168f3e.png

This trade has not been taken, because my quotation starts at 23:00, which is not taken by my system as start of new 4H candle. However, I will not fix that yet - I think combining candles from the end of week and beginning of the next does not have the same value as 2 consecutive 4H candles.

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/5/3/5387862fd5bb155a0503521c103dee1e7542a2dc.png

The same situation, Highs of 4H candles were bit different than in original system. (we can see that in original thread, the highs were very close too)

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/c/f/cf8670657e6fd2bcf804ebc1f339c503fa192d37.png

Now situation has changed 180 degrees. My system has taken the trade, but original didn’t. IT is the difference in quotations.

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/e/c/ec8fe4e4d7ef856a9b18328aba37255b43edc4dc.png

This is the same trade as in original system.

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/3/0/3076933a5ca5cf4fb6ae627df9d1d573c8e1380d.png

I think this shows that the Inside Candle EA can be treated as ready for forward testing.
Other weeks has also be tested, in a way described above.

What is the system’s performance?
0.4 lot, 5pip spread, since 06 June 2017 to 08 August 2018

USD/JPY

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/1/8/1895ab8f287bdac5b830a2558ec5857808e87612.png

GBP/JPY

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/6/76048ac5dbde30f53e736774d1303cee31a7c7d1.png

SUMMARY
Just having primitive EA, this system proved to be successful. It is definitely worth developing.

TO CONSIDER:
Is my broker changing summer/winter time ?

OMG! :smiley: Hahaha. I’ve actually created the thread already. :smiley:

It would be great if you could also drop by every now and then. :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like we’re gonna be part of each other’s trading journey! Haha. :smiley: :thumbsup:

1 Like

SMA Crossover Pullback

Week August 7 - 14
Transactions taken:

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/a/d/ad272339b2258f5ca8aa1f56586ca4f9e1f0a6f7.png

babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/4/6/46f7fa913e6407abafea0289a65e66d8489ce1d9.png

Transactions are the same as in original thread. Although EURUSD did not reach 300pips TP (it is 200 pips)

How the system performs?

Quite good, there is a future in this method .
babypips-discourse-media-production.s3.amazonaws.com/original/3X/a/d/adf3a0ad05c29c13dedbc619bb91661700b96e76.gif"

SUMMARY: I can consider my EA working.

I have developed 3 EA’s, where each of them follow rules. I have checked the results with RoboPip’s reports. I will run now each of them on 8 years history data, to assess the performance of each pair. For each method I will choose the best pair, and keep making weekly journal with quarterly summary.
During this time, I will be thinking on optimisation and creation of more robust .mq4 files.

@ria_rose thank you for invitation, I’ve made my first post on your thread. Do you know maybe how can I have granted right to post more pictues?

History testing:
I have ran the tests from June 2010 (some from 2013) and chosen the best pairs to trade.

• Inside candle strategy is not working for me, during forward testing we will see how it can be fixed

• Bollinger Reversion: EURUSD, AUDJPY, USDCHF, GBPUSD

• SmaCrossover: EURUSD, AUDJPY, GBPCHF, GBPCAD

LotSize chosen: 0.2
Initial depo: 10 000USD