Robot strategies

i use the robot forex fury

i do only short or long trade from 9 to 22 (gmt+1)
wath is the strategies to trade the trending pair during trading hour?
i use forex heatmap and i trend the best uptrend for long and downtrend pair for short
i check the highest or downest number on timeframe 1day and 4h and 1h on the heatmap.
wath do you think ?

rem the time frame of the robot in metatrader is M15

Hi, if someone create EA for M15 time frame and this EA trade 24/5 and you “skip” trades between 22 to 9, you will seriously change the profit and loss structure, not necessary to your profit. Regards Greg

I’m an EA skeptic.

I don’t trust them and I don’t even trust back testing.

I’m sure many of them give good results, maybe even most of the time, but there will be a big drawdown at some point and I shouldn’t ever have to experience that when manual trading.

Still, if there’s an EA that has a 10 year track record of good results and I can set the maximum drawdown for $500 and it gets me an average of $1,000 a year, I’ll set it up on a couple of pairs and let it ride. I hope its out there.

*Sometime, when I have the ambition, I’ll open a second live trading account with $3,000 or so and let a couple of EAs run using micro lots. Just for fun.

Do you know anyone who’s had a real bad time using an EA?

Not personally.
I do see the comments and reviews on the MQLS marketplace. Its not much to go on, in my opinion. Almost all the reviews are people using the EAs in demo accounts or just for a few days on live accounts.

Do you have a good long-term experience with any of them?

I don’t either. But that’s because I haven’t tried them. Like you, it doesn’t really interest me but I was curious if you knew anyone with bad experience with it.

1 Like