Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

hi i’ve come across quite a good vps
i jus signed up with them and their access was immediate!
not one day or even one hour waiting time but in a few minutes i could login to my vps after i got the email for password access :slight_smile:

check them out-- commercial network services dot com

see their traders vps package. 30usd a month more ex than swvps but
definitely worth it.

some advantages - only resets for maintenance on saturdays mostly.
will email u in advance before they reset

hi guys,
just got some qns here:

1. i’m still on v16, is v23 better ??

2. so i can get 2 live account registrations?

3. and unlimited demo accounts?

Rgds,
William Koh

1. well I sure hope it’s not worse :slight_smile:
  2. apparently no, you need to buy a new license (btw, I am still having problems with the $10 discount link from the member area, is it working for anyone?)
  3. yes

Hi William,

I have only had version 23 open for 1 trading day, but it did open a trade and seems to be working fine (at least for scalping).

Now, I’m off to pip school!

Kevin

How did you upgrade to the new version? I tried to download version 23 but it gives me an error warning. Do you have to remove 16 first? Thanks for your help.

I initially got an error message, but when I opened up MetaTrader4 the v23 EA was aready plugged in (so check Navigator and see if it’s there), So I just set the time frames to m15 and plugged in the EA. and it worked fine. I didn’t remove v16, but you do have to turn it off by right clicking the screen, clicking Expert Advisors, and clicking remove.

Don’t forget to do this for all of your currency pairs.

The videos have been updated (I think) and one of 'em shows how to install FapTurbo with live screenshots.

Anyway, it took about 5 minutes!

Not too sure how clear I’ve been, but hope this helps.

Kevin

There is a dedicated members only forum for FapTurbo customers, that can be accessed through the members only FapTurbo site. Has plenty of good info already on how to set up etc. Cheers.

hi guys,
some info here,
hope this helps :slight_smile:

[B][U]
HOW BROKERS FIGHT FAPTURBO[/U][/B]
Hi all,

Just checking out the FAPT unofficial forum and found this post that I think may be of interest to you all. I maybe a little long but I would read it. (If I have missed anyone of the list please forward it on.

From one of the developers:

Fapturbo is first real money making robot. I am on forex personally from 2001 and never saw anything like that.

However You should always remember that when you win someone loses on the other side and money does not come from nowhere. And other side will try their best to prevent you from making money. And in our case broker is our “enemy”. Here are the weapons of your broker:

1. Spread Size.

By increasing the spread size from normal 3-4 to ridiculous 11-15 during night time without any normal reasons (such as news events) will cause fapturbo to miss opening some trades (fapturbo filters automatically miss trades with invalid spread size) � that�s not a big problem if you miss few trades. However if the spread is increased when the trade is already open that could cause some real troubles to you and prevent from closing the trade correctly.

1. Disconnection errors.

By disconnecting your terminal during the time when fapturbo tries to close the trade broker can easily turn your winning trade into loser. That is obvious and we cant do anything about it. And when you ask broker they always have easy excuse �your internet connections sucks, sorry man�… However keep reading�

1. OffQuotes/Requotes Errors. Especially exit offquote errors.

Exit [offquotes] problem is a real way how brokers fight against

fapturbo and all profitable systems. I have such problem in different brokers, for example 2 days ago my trade with 15 lot could not close in FXCM for over 1.5 hours (!!) in the profit zone getting ridiculous offquotes errors and finally closed only when it came out from the profit zone to zero profit. Also I heard one guy on fapwinner failed to close his trade and hit stop loss.

WHAT WE CAN DO HERE

We cant do much about it as the decision to open and close the trade is made on the BROKER SIDE and fapturbo or any other trader is just

sending REQUEST to do that but such request can be easily declined if the broker does not like it…

However few things were added in last version 23. Fapturbo is monitoring offquotes erros and if it gets such exit error it tries again with larger slippage. Also one new parameter was added for scalper slippage. Scalper exit slippage equaled to spread size by default however now you can increase it with this parameter.

That’s why trading on real money differs a lot from trading on demo and I never trade any EAs on demo accounts personally as it gives me unrealistic profits that never happen on real money trading.

WHAT YOU CAN DO HERE

If you trade HUGE money you should consider that as a real problem and always be ready to call broker and close such problematic trade manually asap. Do not leave huge money trading unattended carelessly as broker will do his best to prevent you making money throwing away stupid offquotes, disconnection and other “weird” errors. That is a reality of life.

If you trade small deposit offquotes errors are very rare and your possible losses are small and limited by stop loss anyway…

ONE MORE ADVICE

Do not be greedy. Follow safe lot trading so even hitting a stop loss caused by broker dirty tricks will not result your account to be blown away in one trade. Fapturbo Scalper has fixed stop loss as 55-110 depending on pair.

Hi Kevin, just wanted to check with you today on trades by fxpro demo and live acct. my fxpro demo made 8 scalper trades today that includes 2 usd/cad, how does that compare with your live and demo accts. thanx Henry c

Folks,

Just started running Turbo on an Alpari US demo account last night at about 11EST, and from what I understand, that’s out of the normal hourly range so I didn’t expect any trades. It cranked up around 4PM EST today and from that point, it has closed 8 trades for +243 USD. Awesome! One trade still open, however, sitting at about -120 on a .46 lot size with a stop loss of 131 pips. Still got a ways to go before I hit it. Is there any way to set the Scalper stop loss lower or does it try to monitor that on its own?

I’m also running a demo on ODL – started that one late tonight too, but it had time to close one trade at +10, and it still has another one open at -25. Has anyone else had issues running a back test on ODL? I’ve downloaded the history for EUR/GBP and EUR/CHF, but when I try to run the test, I get nothing. Any ideas?

And, apologies, but one more…what does “2008.12.15 22:08:57 HistoryBase: 7 errors in ‘EURCHF1’” mean?

Thanks and good luck!

[I]ETA – That -120 trade closed at -290, for a total of -43 loss on 9 trades. Disappointing, but if I’d manually closed it when I thought I should, I’d be well into the positive. It was a huge loss, but 8 for 9 on wins is excellent![/I]

I think you don’t even have to bother testing with ODL, someone at the FAPTURBO forum said he was told by ODL representative that the fapturbo EA is not welcome at ODL… They claim it exploits lagged prices or something like that. It’s the same bull**** always again and again. I’ve heard this **** many times before, once you have a good strategy and actually start earning, brokers accuse you from exploiting their prices or whatever. Since there are so many people using fapturbo I really hope we all don’t end up with a profitable EA but no broker left allowing it.

Hi All

there are some real concerns emerging that FT does not perform as well live
as on Demo.Is this the experience of others trading live now.

Dave

That really sucks about ODL – didn’t someone in this thread say they had gotten amazing results on a backtest with them due to the lower spreads? Maybe it’s not welcome, but how would they know what you were using if you had Stealth mode on? And if they were able to find out that you DID have Fap Turbo running, how would they “punish” you for it? By raising spreads? They have to do that across the board, right? If they raise the spreads too much, you’d think it would drive away customers and they’d be shooting themselves in the foot.

I’m stating the obvious, but MMs shouldn’t use MT4 if they don’t want people creating and/or using a profitable EA. They know that possibility is there, so why bother? Has anyone found a good ECN to use this with that wouldn’t care if you were scalping?

they don’t have to find out you are using the EA (although someone said broker can see if you are running an EA or doing trades manually), but they see the trades and if they don’t like the way FAPturbo trades, they will complain. And no, they don’t raise spreads, they will cancel your account and you can be happy if you get at least your original deposit from them. That’s the way how bucketshops operate. It sucks.

I have been running Fap Turbo live on FX Pro with very good results. I am still running 16 as I’m a little reluctant to switch to the new version until I’m POSITIVE I’m staying with FX Pro. So far I have no reason to switch. If I keep version 16, do you think I could install 23 with a different broker? Anyone’s thoughts would be appreciated. By the way, my spreads run from 1.5 to about 4 on the four majors.

Mary

I’d stay where you’re at. supposedly, ODL has suspended accts using FAPturbo! wow, they’re scared of 150 dollar software! ha!

Hi Mary,

yes, you’re right, if you are currently using version 16, you will be able to use version 23 at a different broker, since you haven’t already used the new activation process.
Anyway, what was your results with FXPro tonight? I had two trades, one EURCHF buy at about 2:42 broker time with 6 pips profit and then USD/CAD (actually that one was opened a few minutes before the EURCHF) with 10 pips profit. What about you?
Edit: I previously said I had a friend with FXpro live and his entry times and prices are totally different but it was just that he had a different statement formatting so I was confused :wink:

Last night with FXPro, it only took 2 trades. About 4:40pm CST, EURGBP for 8.5 pips and at 6:40pm CST, USDCAD for 17.1 pips. Mine never picked up the EURCHF trade. The night before was much busier.

Mary

Strange, everyone besides me got that EURGBP trade on fxpro live but I didn’t…

I have been following this thread for some time now…it is very interesing. The following is related to the scalping strategy only of FT, not the long term strategy.

I just got off the phone with a representative from ODL. He told me that if you are using FT, they are asking that you move from their fixed spread platform to their variable spread platform. He did not say they would suspend your account, but if you refused to move, I could see it happening.

You have to ask yourself why they would do that, or any other broker for that matter…well, it all comes down to $$$. The brokers are not there for you, they are there to make money. They do that in 2 basic ways, the spread and “risk management”. The latter refers to the fact that almost all brokers enter an opposite position you entered to mitigate risk. If you enter a buy position, they enter a sell position for net zero gain, then they can make profit off the spread. I am sure I am oversimplifying the process, but that is the gist of it.

They have control over re-quoting, “lag”, etc, unless you are using a true ECN broker that does not have a dealing desk, you run the risk of falling victim to these issues. You can’t trust that your live account will perform in the same way because the demo account is not real money, so the brokers don’t use the dealing desk, therefore your orders are executed as pass-through without any lags. For real money, they just can’t afford that risk, again, they are there to make money too!

Ok…I know the next question…which brokers are true ECN brokers…well, there are not too many. You can read more about ECN at Hotspot FX. The main problem with ECN is MT4 doesn’t connect to it out of the box…D’OH. So far, I have only seen one broker that claims to have ECN MT4 connectivity (I say claim because I am trying to get a demo account set up and haven’t actually seen it yet) and that is Avail Trading Company (ATC Brokers).

Don’t get me wrong, I am not here to defend any broker and their actions, I am just here to try and help inform people of the way brokers work. Bottom line…do your homework, find out how brokers operate, do they have automatic execution, etc…

My guess is for small sized orders in a live account you won’t see many problems, but as the size of the orders gets larger, the more you will start seeing slippage, late executions, etc.

“May the PIPs be with you”