Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Balto im using a FX robot named FAPTurbo and dont worry its on demo (for now)…Im not actually doing the trading the Expert Advisor (the robot) is…and last week friday when the market closed it left 6 trades open…and then it closed 4 of them as soon as the markets reopened.

Lazy your right about it being set to close any open positions monthly by default… looking through the expert tab revealed that it was the new month that closed the trades.

But do you think i should try and change this parameter so it doesn’t happen again? cause i lost alot in those automatically closed trades (-$1100.84)…

Johnny feel free to comment too…

i would get rid of that parameter and set it to 0 or whatever coz why do you need to close trades because month end??? that was a fap parameter as a pseudo stop loss coz everybody said its losses were bottomless.

also they have another setting in there somewhere that is the to good to be true??? what is that about if you get a long enough stretch then it has to reverse. that is just stupid pure guessing so i would get rid of that one too coz it is gambleing and no real logic to it.

Johnney,

just by turning the too good to be true parameter on and off, watch the difference.

just by turning the too good to be true parameter on and off, watch the difference.

huh i don’t get it??? but numbers don’t lie. it just seems to be a random setting but maybe im wrong maybe they have crunched stats and came up with the to good to be true setting.

FapTurbo_TooGoodToBeTrue - maximum number of daily
bars where both MAs have the same direction. The idea of this
parameter: if the trend is very stable for a long time � that is too
good to be true. Time to expect the bad news and danger
days!

its default setting is 50, so after the 50th bar it will not tradein that same dirction…
FapTurbo_

the too good to be true setting sound correct to me. a market can only go one way for so long. what goes up, must go down. it’s the laws of gravity and human nature. and lazymaritimer, i wish i had found FAPturbo a week ealier, i would be up 1500 dollars, 2x my acct!

I still wouldn’t waste time on an EA, spend time on developing yourself as a trader

if i were to trade manually, I’d go to EToro, interest rates matter most. other things do matter but that is king. EA’s are a good way to trade if they are set up correctly. it takes a while to learn to trade on P.A. besides, ii made all my money back as it is from buying it.

bottom line is…you will eventually blow you account because the robot does not see PA as a human does. Someone is selling you your holy-grail and hope. Its not going to happen. This person is selling this program for a reason…what do you think that reason is?

i’m not looking for hope, i have a system that works. why is that they post real statements on their site like nobody else? i know they’re real cause they were in the excat same trades as me. a human can blow their account as well. if you don’t know how to trade, then an EA isn’t going to help, correct, but if you know what to look for, then they will work. it all depends on risk management. that’s why accts get blown out, i have yet to blown out an acct, practice or live.

what do you think that reason is?

it is to make more money nothing wrong with diversification and also i think ea’s can be profitable.

#1 If they had a system that could double their account consistently do you think they really would sell it for $100? I know I wouldn’t, I would keep is secret. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

#2 I’m glad you haven’t blown a demo or live account, keep it up

#3 Markets change…EA’s do not compare to the analytic ability of the human mind, also EA’s cannot really trade price action as its most basic level, the tick. The Price Action leading up to a setup is what make moves valid/invalid and I highly doubt programming has gotten that advanced or that the cost of such programming can be offset by selling $97 copies of code.

I do not mean to flame, I am just saying EA’s are garbage, you should go back to babypip school and read a certain entry if you think otherwise.

I am just saying EA’s are garbage, you should go back to babypip school and read a certain entry if you think otherwise.

if ea’s are garbage then what about mechanical systems?

the secret is in money management not the system

if babypips was against rules based trading then why do they teach you to make your own rule based system?

expert advisors are nothing more than rule based systems

rule based system work with good trading money management

The problem with EA’s are that they don’t keep you out sometimes when you need to be (risk-management). Now I know alot of traders fail without EA’s too because of their own psychology.

You need to be strong mentally to trade and stick to your rules of trading and MM. The problem I am addressing here is you are buying someone’s garbage… you wouldn’t be selling an EA that doubled your account if it did… you could easily sell it to a bank instantly for wayyyyy more $$ than selling it over the internet…

I realize I’m fighting a losing battle here but the strongest thing in your toolbox as a trader is the thing between your ears

That is my monthly statement, i opened the account on the 10th of this month,trading micro lots. I call that more than double of what i started with. the EA i was using is the forex auto pilot; the older version of fapturbo.
so feel free not to use it…

agreed. EA’s are based off of rules that we make and like i said, if you can’t trade manually, then an EA or anything isn’t going to help. that’s why i like this particular EA. it has height bar filters tor try and prevent that from happening. and hidden stop losses and take profits if you’re paranoid about market makers. the only thing that could take you out is breaking news or news period. don’t trade it. I’ve read all of baby pips. i know all need to about indicators and the such. and that’s enough to stay profitable.

nice, I’m glad. markets change though remember.

I prefer to be behind the computer when trading and being the one who actually mananges my money, that way I only have myself to blame.

Its not hard to double an account in a good market week if you know what you are doing…but its not hard to loose you account in a week either.

edit: good point about news… there is alot of news always going on remember though. So it is best to get in and out of the market as soon as possible

I think because this EA trades when most people wouldn’t think to is another reason why it works way better than other systems that just try to trade whenever it thinks it sees a condition. EA’s are becoming more advanced and new ones will be developed. i have free EA’s work ok as well. this system is far better than FAP. i could see FAP blowing out an account if you didn’t set it to trade only the first four hrs of the London session and no Fridays at all. eve then it did not have a good stop loss like this version does.

This is the purpose of this thread, to check and discuss the performance of fap turbo . lets keep it that way.

I want to just add that i do have my own trading which is rule based but is hard to define coz i have a million reasons why i trade or don’t trade and basically im very profitable

I use eas as a supplement and to be completly frank with you guys the last version of faps made me nearly 20k overall before i decided i didnt like it. It was to dangerous and suffered severe drawdowns but i found a way to trade it that sort of limited it but i was doing so much work that i was just trading anyway.

the thing i like about turbo is they have at least attempted to limit your exposure by adding stop losses and by diversifying there approach so i am open minded to see some good things from this and if not then ow well.

its not the clickbank product, its not the lousy $97 it is the account that can be blown so the most important is money management and even though this product is supposedly set it and forget it you should be experienced in forex and understand the markets you are in. I do agree that to be successful you have to have that intuitive human element but that applys to any system wether it is rule based, expert advisor, or 100% discretionary.