Robots, Expert Advisors, FAP Turbo, more?

Bottom line, FAP turbo works. and much better than FAP. on back test and forward test. no matter what i did, it would not fail on the EUR/GBP in a four year back test. even if the risk was 20%! the only way to trade three of the four scalper pairs is to trade on ODL securities. then you can trade the USD/CAD as well as the EUR/CHF AND EUR/GBP. i don’t even know why they promote the GBP/CHF. not trade able because the spread is too high I’m moving my money there in a week.

So Guys whats your view about turning off the Fapturbo_CloseAfterXmonths by setting it to 0?? based on my previous posts before.

Also if anyone else has any other contributions to make related to the changing of parameters or bot optimization/performance please share it with the group.

personally, i wouldn’t trade the EUR/USD long term strategy. i would only trade the scalper. so i don’t worry about that function but if you do, leave everything as is and set to 0 on trade on friday and trade NFP. do not trade on those days at all.

Hi,

The last FapTurbo trade I had was a Sell at 2008.11.27 23:29 which was closed at 2008.11.28 07:01 (GMT times). Although Monday trading has been live for the last “night time” 7 hours I have not seen a trade. All my settings appear to be correct and have produced some reasonable returns.
Has anyone had a trade during that time?
Regards,
KeithN

ok folks. here’s a report on my findings. for those of us who have FAPturbo know it only scalps on four pairs. you may also notice that out of the four pairs, only two will FAP ever trade. the spread on the GBP/CHF nad USD/CAD are =/more than 5 pips. well, not so. the ONLY and I mean ONLY broker that has a low enough spreads is ODL securities and it’s only on the USD/CAD 2000 deposit minimum on mini lots. here’s the really good news. a backetst all the way back to Jan 1999 on the USD/CAD. notice the starting balance and drawdown. If i were all of you, i would trade only the EUR/GBP and USD/CAD at this broker. i am asap!

hey dlowe i checked out that site you posted, iwas thinking it was affiliates selling clickbank products but this guy seems to be fair in his assesment you know im always leary of review sites.

Dan if you are lurking he says pipzu is a scam and they manipulated past data to curvefit the backtest but in reality is a nonperformer. Sorry for the bad news.

btw fapturbo didnt make any sunday night trades for me. Ill have to spend a little time and look at it maybe the moving average filter kept me out???

Its like Tess says its better to be out of a trade and wishing you were in then in a trade and wishing you were out.

on my demo account it opened several trades, non of them was scalping on EURGBP.
did any one had scalping trades open?

here are the ERASED trades all of them are still open!

Yea guys…No trades last night for me either right now i have 5 open for FapTurbo… most in profit at the moment… Hmmm so if what Hazel is saying is true…why did Forexmeta get recommended as the best broker for the bot…if the spreads are too high for two of the currencies. I will do my own investigation when I get some free time here at work…anyone else have any comment regarding this?

i think all the expert advisors that seem to be linked together
forex auto pilot
forex auto pilot turbo
forex autocash
forex killer
…ets …ets

i think there creators and marketers are introducing brokers which means when you use forex meta they make money on every trade. It isn’t best for trading it is best for their wallets.

You are right about the FAP and FAP turbo, i had FAP then I got the FAPturbo, they both have the same expert id and activation code.
but they actually admit that they used fap and upgraded it to fapturbo…
Think of how many broker offer meta trader…mybe because people like it…
The broker is going to make money either way…if you make money too thats not bad at all

hey guys- i emailed fapturbo support and asked them for their settings for the usd 370 account. obviously they didnt share lol. but read here:

FAPTurbo Support to me
show details 11:18 PM (1 hour ago)

[B][U]Reply[/U][/B]

We used default settings + risky lot size for huge profits. We dont
recommend you using risky lot size for safe trading.
We recommend to trade only EURGBP M15 and EURCHF M15 for your deposit
for best effect.

Set MoneyManagement (MM) on and Lotriskreductor = 20 for EURGBP and
10 for EURCHFDont use long term strategy for small deposits.

• Hide quoted text -

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 8:28 PM, William Koh <email removed > wrote:
> hi may i know wat settings you use for the usd 370 account forward testing??

so i’m going to tweak one of the demos i’m running to trade just
1)EURGBP and EURCHF

2)Set MoneyManagement (MM) on

3)Lotriskreductor = 20 for EURGBP and
10 for EURCHFDont

see how well this works then :slight_smile:

regards,
William Koh

Lots of good discussion here, but lets try and keep it related to FAPTurbo like Jado said, rather than generic EA arguments, there has to be a separate thread for that, and if not, we should start one. Part of the purpose of this is to acid test these programs to see if/how well they work.

Neither of my demos produced scalp trades last night either, but both opened long term positions. Be aware that if you don’t close out trades monthly (or some other interval), you will get positions, mostly losing, piling up and eating away at your margin, and blocking you from entering new positions, hence having a high opportunity cost. If you are not going to let the system close automatically you should have a system to eliminate these positions promptly while minimizing loss. I didn’t look closely at the FAPTurbo statements to see if they accounted for these positions, or if they doubled their account size while having a zillion pips tied up in open positions. I have noticed some EA vendors do this so their net profit is greatly inflated.

I will continue to try and post my statements every couple days or a couple times a week. Thanks for all the great input from everyone I am looking forward to grilling the next system for all to see, and I encourage anyone else lurking to do the same! If we all share this information FREELY we we’ll all benefit.
Cheers,
lazy

Hi all,
i have installed fapturbo 9 hours ago. So far it has not do any sell/buy.
I use demo on fxpro and alpari. All setting are ok (as expalined in on-line documention and i am not that new to EA’s settings and metatrader so i should have set all corectly)
:rolleyes:

Will wait…hope the next few days it will do something…

BTW: i tested the “backtest” It runs, but there are so buy/sell results…
it just runs the visual mode…that’s all

anyone else with this problems?

:rolleyes:

Update:
it has open a quick short trade for 1 lot on eur/gb (my fault as it should be 0.1 lot but there is some different setting for lots on fxpro)
Anyway it close the trade with +80 $ (8 pips)
Then it has open a short but was in loose with 16pips.
BUT: Currently it is +2 pips and still open in trade.

Will see whan happens next

i had a eurgbp buy for a quick 8 pips. that is extra $71.48 I can blow on drinks tonight :slight_smile:

I apologize guys I didn’t mean to make it a generic comment, I see all EA’s as the same thing however.

If you are profiting off this good. But just remember that a truly great trader trades with their head, not heart or robot.

I’m glad some of you are actually making money though and that you have made your money back.

hey, to each is his own. i just know what I’ve seen and of course i will turn it off during a crisis, even though a back test i posted shows it surviving 9 yrs with a starting balance of 2k, like what most of us little guys have to invest. i wouldn’t call it get rich quick, just get rich smart. and that just goes for forex period. manual or EA, we are all in the right game for sure to fund other parts of our portfolios.

Hi All

I am glad I ran into this forum. Fapturbo and forex is a new venture that I am trying out. At least I managed to buy it b4 the price went up but only setting it up today with a demo a/c from interbank. market watch and gmt are at the same time so does that mean my gmt offset should be set to 0 (zero)? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

yes, this would be correct. leave it at 0. I will be at ODL next week and they’re the same. no gmt offset

Thanks Hazel that was quick. Well I have EUR/GBP, EUR/CHF on M15 and EUR/USD on M1 … on my demo a/c I haven’t tweaked any of the settings… want to see first any trades happening… will keep u all updated on my progress.