ROI 3% Daily: too small?

and so with a provable proven track record? thanks for the tip. sorry to hear about your situation, trading other people money adds all kinds of problems to the equation.

i didn’t like doing this myself. in fact a friend of mine who found out about trading through me lost £80k this way, only £20k of this was his own money. he is now in serious trouble.

he’s soul searching ATM.

tell me about these methods i’m interested to hear. happy trading i hope it all works out for you.

Starting with $1,000, 4 years of 2.5% daily, and trading 50 weeks of the year looks like this:

1 : $180,254.36
2 : $32,491,635.79
3 : $5,856,759,151.02
4 : $1,055,706,396,781.69

I only did 4 years, because any more turns undecipherable…

I think it’s too slow though.
Any way to ramp it up a bit? :stuck_out_tongue:

you’re funny.

tell me how did u make this calculation? did u assume continuous daily compounding? did you take into account probable future losses. the regular expense associated with setting up multiple terminals, employing staff, overheads and other expenses, setting up costs, advisory cost for launching?

the limitations of the platform you’re using, the limitations of pricing arrangements you might have with your broker, advertising costs for promoting your fund, associated regulatory compliance costs, personal income, capital gains tax etc…

or did u just say 1.025^(5x50x4) or something like that.

but still you’re right $1,055,706,396,781.69 is too small. :54: show me the money.

I guess this is just a little over my head?

Why cannot you compound ‘daily’ or after every trade?

What is negative growth? just a loss or two? ( I was under the impression we were talking averages - - yes today you lost 3%, but yesterday and tomorrow you made 6% for an average of 3%) so even for an entire month you loose ah oh my if you loose an average of 3% for an entire month - - that will be quite a bite out of your funds.

Anyways - good luck. I probably don’t have much more to contribute because I don’t really understand what your stating.

See… Now you’re complicating things.

It was a simple compounding formula based on 2.5% daily average returns, and 50 weeks annually.

You didn’t say anything about loss, needing more terminals, a new building, or staff. But even if you factored in 5% for that stuff, after the third year, it would give you a budget of just over $29 million annually. $2.3 mill a month would get you the baddest ass views in Manhattan, and a crack staff. You could probably get 10,000 sq ft of the best seats in the house for $300,000 a month, that leaves you 2 mill monthly for staff, and overhead. And since it’s compounding gains, it would be a rather flexible budget.
While we’re at it, taxes will eat at you a bit too. Better get a good accountant, and rent/lease everything. And go corporate. You can pay yourself a base salary, and write off everything.

The first two years you could handle by yourself. It’s midway through the third year that may take a bit of assistance.

Mostly lugging in the bags of cash…

haha, i like your optimism.

… I’m sorry, I’m a little bit lost. I still haven’t seen anything resembling an actual ‘Trading Plan’. All I can see is discussion about calculating hypothetical trade results. Hypothetical ‘Moon Dollars’ can’t buy me a loaf of bread. I’d like to know what Manni’s plan is for procuring positive account growth over time. The semantics of determining true/false accusations on 3% per day are a matter for another day, I think we can all agree? I’d like to see what Manni has to tell us in regards to his trading system.

I don’t think so really, do you?

Clearly, Manni must have had a trading system to share, yeah? Why else would he have started this thread in the category ‘Forex Trading Systems’? I’m just saying, let’s all take a breather for a little bit, go back to our corners, and see if his trading system actually has any merits. If he were to kindly post some sort of trading schematic, as well as some trading history of some sort, that’d probably go a long way to getting this thread on track…

hey JoshG how’re things.

i’m new here and thought this might be a good place to get some information, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem to show some historic data i guess, but at the same time, considering that i’m thinking of setting up shop it might be a little silly to give up proprietary information vis-a vis trading system (s), which would mean that there was no real point in showing historic data unless i was canvassing for investment.

i’ll think about it and get back to you.

what sort of system do you use at the moment and what are your returns like.

…follow up, erhm, ok, what i think i might be able to do is give you an aspect of the system. well at least an aspect of the trading side i.e for the benefit of entering positions.

the best i can do is give you a tool which will tell you if a candle will close up or down at the time it opens, from manipulating a few explanatory variables, across 15 pairs with an probability of success or (confidence) for each prediction.

That’s all i can sensibly do. would that be helpful for you? what system do you use atm?

Manni, you are clearly inexperienced, so I don’t think anyone has any serious interest in you, you have started the thread in the wrong place too.

Dear Purplepatchforex.

thank you for your kind words. But i don’t think it is your place to make assumptions about the intentions of others.

Plus, given that you do not know me or for how long i have been trading, my record or otherwise, would you not agree that it is fair not to make such speculations on this thread.

to use an analogy, if you are short sighted why do you assume others cannot see what you do not.

i.e your judgements are based on your understanding and experience

So… you start a post in the forum ‘Forex Trading Strategies’, and then, after a good ol’ fashioned Babypips flame war, you say your trading strats are entirely proprietary, and because you’re looking to ‘open up shop’, you can’t share these ‘systems’. Then you go on to ask ME what I trade, and what my returns are like? Forgive me for being a little apprehensive, because this is looking like a very poor quid pro quo.

But, I digress. I will go ahead and share what I do.

I trade a) Bill William’s Fractal+Gator indicators on Hourly and Daily TFs(two different systems on two different TFs, but using the same basic strategy principles), and b) long-term/position trading using fundamentals/market sentiment, along with Ichimoku Kinko Hyo to help me determine ideal entry points.

Thanks Manni, but I’m not really all that interested in someone else’s indicators. My trading works just fine for me. Myself(and a few other Babypips contributors) are simply interested to know why you believe your system is special. You can forgive the other contributors here for being wary of your posting, because claims of abnormally high profits without clear, concise definitions of trading and proof of historical data generally(but not always) go hand in hand with attempting a build-and-run scam, or some other form of fleecing.

i’m sorry that’s the best i can do for the reasons i mentioned earlier.

What did you expect i would give you.

They are not kind words at all, I don’t know what gave you that idea?

Around here we don’t make offers, we give and we share.

As far as your record is concerned, it just doesn’t exist does it? Or have I missed it because I’m too short sighted.

My judgements [B]are[/B] based on my understanding and experience and they don’t often let me down.

then you are not a wise man. and you are very pressumptious.

what “offers” are you referring too? give me an example so i can understand were you are coming from.

When did i make you or anybody else an offer for anything?

i can share with you what i can. take it or leave it.

well i’ve had some good advice from sensible commentators, but this whole experience with you is a little regressive. choose your friends wisely and all.

kindly leave this thread please unless you can back the statement that i have been making offers here with some evidence in which case i will leave this forum immediately.

Ok, I’ll put it so that you can understand shall I? Your attitude stinks from start to finish.

So it’s a personal attack then, not based on anything substantive. i.e flatulance.

ok, well at least you had the vertebrae to be honest. that’s something at least.

Now kindly leave please and annoy someone else.

Manni… Babypips is an informational/resource site. If you’re not here to learn, you’re here to share. So far, this thread has fulfilled neither purpose. I think it’s time you stopped flaming, and say what it is you’re here to say.