Rrram² Fx Fitness Journal

EURAUD still a short. fade the top.,

1 Like

Just one last question, would your contrarian strategy have work from 2009 till 2012 for EURAUD. If it does, what is the holding duration required to reap the rewards?

1 Like

of course, I only sell EURAUD if you check the stats the 2 longs I had in the last 45 days were accidents/misclicks/ meaning I didnt intend to get long and closed them immediatly for a loss.

eal8

What i mean is from the year 2009 to 2012, would you have bought into EURAUD at all. If not , may i know the reason? :bowing_man:

no I never buy EURAUD, well I guess I did at 1.3680 the swing low on the 4H before the huge run up towhere we are now.

I dont buy high for starters, and I dont buy pairs as long term trades, that have negative swap.

EURNZD accumulation short

Accumulation long

1 Like

How do you exit for each of your limit order that got triggered? Is it by a fixed amount of pips or predetermined levels of S/R zone?

I dont use S/R, I prefer to put them in opposing liquidity on longer term charts. @ supply or demand

this is st short off 1.1400 but I didnt take it, I prefer the long term long from lower.

Live account in GBP, short EURNZD, one on, three waiting to fill, this is a low leverage account and inststruments are in mini’s so this .10 is really a .01L

finally put some risk on! I had to reload the myfxbook, Turnkey changed the time on the account from GMT +0 to GMT +3 dunno why but it jacked up the myfxbook so new link same account.

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/rrram2/stephen/2697091

RISK ON! AHEAD of NFP tomorrow! :smiley: will hold through tomorrow and the weekend and look to take profits sometime next week!

max risk on now :smiley: heading into NFP, no fear! :wink:

now we are talking! some real risk on, as I said max DD for me. considering the DD is really as much as double what myfxbook shows.

no fear! rough week last week, the coming week is going to be explosive! :smiley:

2 Likes

all about the DD, it is…

2 Likes

Hey @rrram2, for the last 7 days I have been reverse engineering your strategy so I get a full understanding of how it works and how to apply it… Still not 100% sure I have it correct…

The real beauty of your system is market direction is not really important, making sure that you are laying pending / limit positions in front of price direction is the key… If price moves the opposite direction positions are not opened… build equity and balance faster than DD will result in a profit each and every time

It’s not for the faint hearted as once you start this strategy there’s no going back until equity clears the DD… which on a small spread on XAUUSD did today in about 8 hours with a $70 profit.
DD was never more than $10.00 over equity over the 8 hours. I could see the logic in the system so it became less stressful (Live Account) the longer the strategy ran… great for ranging price action and as you say randomness is the key…

If I had set the spread over a much larger range, it would have continued to profit at an accelerated rate depending on the Lot Size used. For my test I used 0.05 which worked, but I will drop a larger test to 0.01 as you suggest for the purpose of risk & drawdown management.

2 Likes

just know the trend is the banks friend as this allows them to accumulate contratrend for the certain reversal. AND THE STOP LOSS…LOLZ, well those are only good to lock in profits so if im up 20 pips I set a 5 pip SL locking in 15 pips then I set a TS (trailing stop) at 5.0 pips or so, itt varies according to pair and time of day etc. risk is best managed by position size, and its best to get the LT direction correct, then it doesnt matter what it does hour to hour and day to day. and if you only play sell side or buy side, then you play both sides of the market on the sell side (or buy side) so you are sell limiting higher above price as it moves up and sell stopping higher as price moves up, thus boxing it in. its not really random at all :slight_smile: see RT’s determine the ST flows, and the banks/lps have piles (walls) of pending limits going the other way at the extremes for each price range. And when they have a wall, the wall at a significant level could be 1000 or more lots sitting there. Granted much of their orders are spoofs, so you cant tel which way they really want to go first. Meaning they have a pile of sell limits 20 pips above price and a pile of buy limites 20 pips below priice, and they bracket (OR WALL) price in, and lets RT’s play MIM. and when they are ready to go one way or the other, they remove the wall to the top side or bottom side, and go with the ST flows, but they are always doing sell limit above price and sell stop below price as price goes up. cheers its a tough flip, but once you figure it out, its like playing basketball with midgets.

3 Likes

I am pretty much done trading for the day, I alwasy have all my orders set and waiting when I walk away, and all orders on have a TPT and of course NONE have a SL, unless they are in profit, then ill walk away with a SL+TS with profits locked in, and an order to replace the one that will eventually 100% close in profit.

I’m always intrigued by your posts ! :sunglasses:

Been away for a couple of weeks - since before you started this thread.

Looks like I have some reading to do :sunglasses:

1 Like