Rubber Band Trade

This trade worked out to be a good RBT in the end.

Just took a short on the AUDUSD, Pin bar at resistance and 50SMA is flat… 1:1 R/R

Have you actually taken it, or are you waiting for the low of the PB to break? I have my entry at its low with buffer.

I’ve gone in aud/usd, nzd/usd and nzd/jpy late last night.
Its a longer term trade, I’ll hold it for about a week or so.
But I hate the interests on these trades though. I’ll post updates on how it goes.

low of PB just hit, im in

Thank god. Going well so far. :smiley:

There weren’t any obvious PA signals for the NZD, but good for you if the trade works out!

Not in RBT but I got a long on TRY/JPY that is great. Even if it’s losing at the moment, eventually my positive swap will make up for it! LOL

I held AUDUSD short over the weekend - hopefully this plays out and we’ll get start the week off with some profits :slight_smile:

AUD/NZD long for 50 pips? what do you guys think?

I do see the rubber band setup, but be careful and be patient, I do not believe bearish momentum has yet finished. Wait for a good entry signal before activating the setup.

Just got stopped out of the AUDUSD short entry I took on friday off the pin bar. Not a great start! :frowning:

Didnt quite play out!, Im starting this week off with a loss.

I did the same.
Bought shorted some on today’s highs, so I am at breakeven.

Point to note: The current upward spike has nothing to do with weakness of USD or Strength of AUD.
Its just data out from China.

I think it will fade out.

I was once down 50 pips on a rubber band trade, and made 120+ profits.

No input from the seniors in this thread anymore…??? Are you slowly starting to question the profitability of this system like me?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just shorted GOLD with SL at resistance 1330.20 and short on AUDJPY price at resistance and 50 SMA line flat. Fingers crossed guys! :slight_smile:

I have started trading this strategyfrom yesterday and I have open trades on 3 pairs AUD/USD, AUD/JPY/ NZD/USD and so far I am in profit got 200pips positive and still running want to see the price goes back to the 50sma or not let’s see.

I’ve been watching. Just not posting as there have been no valid trades with my “Rubber Band 2.0” System yet. The forward testing will take a while, as I no longer trade when the line is flat.

This system is my last crack at Forex, and if it falls through then I am done with trading forever. I’ve spent far too much of my time pursuing this dream with nothing to show for it. I’ve brainstormed exactly 500 different little strategies and in the end I am exactly back where I started over a year ago. 499 are in the “trash bin” on my task list. If my modified Rubber Band System ends up there too for an even 500 then I am throwing in the towel.

got 600 pips so far and my trades are stil running three trades on AUD/USD , AUD/JPY and NZD/USD :smiley: but it’s on demo :stuck_out_tongue: I wish it was my real account will see that the price goes to the 50 SMA or not.

always give the market room to breathe.

I took the same trade, at the same time. Put a SL of 60 pips.
Was -50 pips Monday morning. Currently +62.5 pips as i write this.

You took the right trade, just didnt give enough space with your stop to cater to news spikes.

Note that this system is a medium/long term strategy. You cannot have tight SL’s.

Also, you have to figure out your entry right. I know its not part of the guidelines, but using some technical indicators help on where to enter.