Rubber Band Trade

500 strategies in < 1 year? That’s a ton of work.
How do you know they weren’t profitable though if you’ve gone through so many, so quickly?
I’m assuming you forward/back-tested like a lunatic?

Pretty much a few hours per day on average of mostly back-testing for a little over a year. Every time I had an idea I would write it down and go back to test it later. Stuff that showed promise in back-testing moved to forward tests.

Unfortunately I’ve still got nothing to show for it, but it is what it is. Can’t say I didn’t try. I’ve got this one last method to try out, and if that doesn’t work it’s time to close down my platform and move on to other ventures.

WOW I just can’t belive this my trades on the demo account have went upto 800 pips :smiley: and are still running and this is the first time I am trading with this strategy :smiley: so far enjoying it :smiley:

Guys what do you think about this pair anyother RBT may about to happen?

Took a short on the AUDJPY last night, currently +45 pips!.. Also shorted on GOLD currently at -8pips

Can this strategy be made into an EA? is so what it make it more profitable?

An update on my three trades in AUD/USD, AUD/JPY and NZD/USD I have got a total of 1000 pips in 1 and a half day and they are still going will check to see if the price reaches back to the 50 SMA or not :smiley:

Don’t give up my friend, I am working on my own strategy as we speak and it is working quite well for now and will share with you when I am confident of its success.

Im also working on a tweaked version of the RBT and will share in this forum when I feel it is successful enough to be given exposure.

Lets keep this forum going and help each other as we go along guys! :smiley:

Has anyone tried this strategy on H4 or H1?

Just came across a friend of a friend who’s opened his own forex trading consultancy. He’s big on price action/technical trading and is making tons of money. I spoke to him briefly on the phone, his office is not too far away from me in London. He asks £2000 for his course on how to trade, but i bet most of the PA is available for free on the net! haha. No thanks…

Company is called Astrofx… They are doing quite well and im shocked after speaking with the director that most of their strategies, 90% of them, are PA related!

[QUOTE=“roni25;638235”]Company is called Astrofx… They are doing quite well and im shocked after speaking with the director that most of their strategies, 90% of them, are PA related![/QUOTE]

But do they trade the RBT ???

Most successful traders that do this consistent and full time will trade PA or PA w/Volume. A lot of people don’t understand what PA is even though they think they do. Other systems that are successful I have seen Elliott Wave & Fibs. Problem with that one, it is not easy to understand. Gann is another as well. I have been trading for over 8 years now. I don’t claim to be pro so I won’t teach you anything but if you are looking for free resources, drop me a PM to what style interests you and I can guide you to what I feel is the best I have seen in the style.

I’m currently interested in RBT as I am looking for something that is not as time consuming as my other strategies learned. :slight_smile: So far, it’s not the best but I feel it’s worth giving it a real try. My trade success is only 62% at the moment but I expect this to improve a bit. Plus with proper R/R even 62% win ratio would give a profit rather than a loss.

I myself have been trading price action for 1-2 years now and the consistency of profitability is dependent solely on the quality of setups you take. Also a 62% win streak is plentiful in my opinion given that you are trading a risk/reward of at least 1:2.

Further analysis of fx currency pairs: No RBT trades at the moment as far as I can see! the Nzdjpy and Gold shorts have failed, Lucky i didnt enter.

Pin bar at resistance forming on NZDJPY daily, keep an eye on the 50sma to go flat and trade away! :slight_smile:

Ok guys I think I am ready to share a strategy that I have been integrating to some of my trades recently.
It uses Keltner Channels. More of a scalping strategy. To my surprise it was already on youtube so I do not have to attach photos on here and demonstrate how it works.

I have had three successful trades on the 1hr WTI and GOLD chart so far totaling 190 pips! I dont want to confuse you guys and myself with anymore strategies, For now I am putting my faith in this strategy and the RBT!!

Check it out!- Keltner indicator can be downloaded from google.

great read this thread…keep it up guys…Has anybody tried other moving averages (eg. 200sma) in combination with different time frames ??

Nice my friend, can you post a link to the indicator download?

Search it in google and hundreds will come up…!

FYI: I am still only focusing on the RBT system for now, having too many systems confuses you!