Rubber Band Trade

Curious as to why Rjmah has not posted in this thread for a over a month :s

Exactly, hundreds come up. Which one did you download, or are you using it at all?

Theres only one Keltner Channel for which there are a million different ways to input calculations etc. There is no need to be confused.

I typed in Keltner channel mt4 in google and downloaded it from forexfactory.com (first page)

Anybody looking at the short possibility on the GOLD at resistance?

The 50MA is not flat or down. It is not a valid RBT trade.

Sorry, I was looking at Silver. Gold, there is a possibility as it is 50MA flat and in a resistance zoneā€¦

Nothing looking promising at the moment!

Think it safe to say that the seniors like Rjmah have also lost hope in the scarce and inconsistent opportunities this system creates.

Iā€™m sure heā€™s still trading. He usually only posts when there are set-ups, of which there havenā€™t been any great ones since he last posted a couple weeks ago. There have only been RB trades with a flat line since then, which in my opinion arenā€™t worth taking most of the time.

This system definitely works when you take trades in a trending market. There is no magic behind it, the SMA essentially acts as a value filter that allows you to get in at a ā€œbargain price.ā€ You donā€™t need to exit trades at the line. Youā€™re probably better off holding if itā€™s a trending market. In fact itā€™s pretty arbitrary. You could use a 30 SMA, a 50 SMA, a 109 SMAā€¦

You donā€™t even need PA. Just find a trending market where you can enter into a position which offers value. Cut losses short and let winners run.

I havenā€™t been on this forum very much myself recently. Because I realized I donā€™t give two ****s what opinions people here on BabyPips (or any other forum for that matter) currently have on the market. The only common theme seems to be people who clearly are not making money in Forex - yet give advice as if they were - and the salesmen attempting to prey on them by selling their broken systems. Why should I cloud my trading decisions with the opinions of others when I could probably just flip a coin and achieve better results? So Iā€™m just going to check into this thread occasionally because this system has promise and I like all of you regular posters. As for the rest of the content on this forum, it is all just detritus.

Things that are clear to me now, after spending some time away from the markets:

[ul]
[li]If there is any money to be made in this market, price action is the way to go. Any system which relies on purely mechanical signals with no human element of discretion has likely been arbitraged to death long ago with the advent of computerized trading.
[/li][li]Price action in the vein of Johnathon Fox and Niall Fuller does not work too well, if at all. The raw concepts are there but what they are selling lacks the ā€œbig pictureā€ feel. This is likely by design (if they actually know how to trade, and donā€™t want to reveal their secrets) or happy accident (they failed at trading, so gave up and switched to marketing).
[/li][li]Price clearly moves between support and resistance levels. However, it isnā€™t as simple as placing your pending orders at the high or low of a candlestick signal.
[/li][li]There is almost no worthwhile trading material on the Internet. Those who ā€œhaveā€ are reluctant to share, and those who ā€œdonā€™t haveā€ just add to the refuse pile of worthless material - broken systems and motivational speeches about the power of believing in yourself.
[/li][/ul]
So there you have it. If you are currently losing, throw out everything you think you know about Forex. Chances are itā€™s all crap anyway. Turn off these silly forums and pull up your trading platform with some clean candle charts. Teach yourself the market like you are learning a language. Literally start from square one. I went down that path recently and I do not regret it.

I totally agree with what you are saying Jadd. The forums are to be taken with extreme caution. In most cases there are a lot of people with little experience or skill that like to claim they know how to trade and at the end of the day they are just clouding judgement of people who are here to learn. Iā€™ve been in this game for over 8 years and I rather value someoneā€™s opinion than to teach it.

As for PA, it is the only way to go. One of my favourite recent authors is Anna Coulson. She is very long winded if you actually bother to read some of her stuff but the one thing that I took with me was to use PA with volume. Imagine seeing a pin bar with low volume. Just a few people caused the market to go quick in one direction only to push it back to open or near open of the TF session. Now take the same scenario and look at volume but this time there is high volume. In this case, one would suggest that if there is high volume on a pin candle, there is more validation that the market wants to turn. Just something to think about.

I like this particular thread. I rarely go on many others of Babypips as I find it either confusing, uninformative or simply as you say ā€œcrapā€. I do like this thread for the simple reason that 90% of the time we are talking about strict rules to a system and try to not deviate the topic or the system in which we are shown from the original thread. If one is highly influenced by others, it is best suggested to not go on forums other than possibly get suggestions on a good book or two to read and read them. Heh heh

Thatā€™s my two cents worth! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Dan

Nice post Jadd!

Quick heads up on the USDCHF pair, 50sma line flat, potential trade!

True, but there are a few gems hidden away deep in the babypips achieves.

Always useful to know a little about the OP so first take a look at Tessā€™ bio on the woman forex traders thread. 301 Moved Permanently

Then go through and study these three threads, you might find them helpful. :wink:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/6632-alternative-technical-templates.html

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/19076-technical-templates-2-a.html

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/29902-technical-templates-continued.html

Quick update: In the USDCHF long trade, currently up 25+ pips! 50sma looking solid! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m in that trade as well but currently in negative letā€™s see what happens.

Looking good now (:

yeah :smiley: in profit now by 10 pips the trade is still open :slight_smile: hope for the best.

Nice 50pip profit banked! :slight_smile: trade closed!

Nice work my friend, what was your confirmation for entry, entry point and tp?

Wouldnā€™t you wait for it to get to the MA?

Thanks, Entry point was price coming down to the .88600 level which I had been watching for a few days, Looked like a strong supp/res level so took a blind entry while the SMA was flat. Took profit at 0.88950 level, just before SMA.