Rubber Band Trade

Hey congratulations on the win buddy and I would have moved the tp as well as the 50sma moves and I too closed a trade on the cad/cahf pair with a good win so happy trading buddy =)

Hello -

Having read the entire thread I have been live trading this strategy for 2 weeks with 3 trades being place. So far 100% with 140 pips to the good.

CHF/JPY is looking like a very good trade to the long side. 50 SMA is turning up , very strong resistance with a pin bar forming.

Just taken a position myself . Good Luck and Happy Hunting

thanks for the heads up dude it is sure looking promising and even if you see the larger trend i.e the weekly trend there is an RBT trade in our favour as well :smiley: so I guess itā€™s time to bag some pips :smiley:

Right now Iā€™m only thinking of taking those RBT in which the SMA is in our direction that is the 50SMA should point upwards when the price is down and vice versa for the otherā€¦ as I have seen that when the line is flat than sometimes those trades go in lose but when the SMA is in our direction than 99% of the time it gets us profits what do you think about that?

You might want to look at EUR/CAD looks like a perfect short set up IMO.

I definitely agree with this. I prefer to see strong movement in the 50 SMA rather than a flatline, which feels like a bit of guessing.

Case in point, the CHF/JPY long trade had a good profit if you got in early on the 16th but it hasnā€™t approached the 50 SMA, which isnā€™t moving much at all, and the upward movement has stalled so I donā€™t know that Iā€™d call the pair a Rubber Band. Is anyone still in it? I bombed out on a GBP/JPY yesterday into today early morning (ET) because I jumped in too quickly without waiting for a stronger direction in the 50 SMA. Lost about a 100 pips on that one.

I missed it anyway looked like you bagged some nice profit there happy trading :smiley:

I am still in this trade I had some nice pips bagged in but the price did not reach my TP and went done right now I am in negative but if you see the weekly TF than the 50SMA is pointing in our direction so fingers crossed hoping for the best :slight_smile:

Nice 100 pip trade on EUR/CAD :grinning:. A quick scan shows nothing else meeting criteria so I will sit on my hands. This is when I used to be my own worst enemy by trading out of bordom , now I just wait for the trade to develop

Nicely done. I caught the last 17.3 pips of the EUR/CAD which helped pick me up after misinterpreting the GBP/JPY. Youā€™re rightā€¦ trading out of boredom is a killer! Iā€™m not seeing anything else at the moment either.

AUD/NZD looks like a set up on the long side. Personally I donā€™t trade minors but it does look tempting as it retraces towards resistance.

Should have followed my trade above. Lesson to myself , if a trade is valid take it! Thatā€™s so far 130 pips I could have bagged. Never mind another for ex lesson learned.

Yeah feels bad when these sort of things happen but they are a part of learning and I left this trade as well as I have a rule of only having one trade at a time and I am still in CHF/JPY trade and waiting for the price to hit the TP and for that reason I missed two other trades.

Well the trade paid off :smiley: as it bagged 450 pips :smiley: happy trading and RBT rocks :smiley:

Nice one. Not much else set upā€¦think I will take a look next week

EUR/CHF ā€¦ Took a long , very strong support at this level and band just straight after being in long down trend.

I didnt enter the trade as the trend was down and to go lond seemed a bit risky but it just might retrace back to the 50line anyway best of luck buddy :slight_smile:

Hey bro didnt hear from you much this week so tell new how did your trade went? And are you still trading the rbt ?

Does anyone consider any of the GBP pairs as good set-ups?

I didnt had that many chances on this pair but recently I had put a trade on gbp/jpy that went good and I guess cad/chf and also aud pairs give some really nice opportunites.