Rubber Band Trade

Just took a trade last night on eur/cad the sma was in the direction of the trade got some good pips what about you?

Took the AUDNZD long, strong support levels and the 50 SMA shows mild support by being level.

To me the SMA is angling well down. Hope it works out for you.

Did not have a go at that pair, as I did not see clear indication of trend reversal. Glad you pipped out though!

The break of the spinning top candle on the GBPCAD would have been a perfect entry point.

The break of the PB on the GN would have been a prefect entry point.

Not sure what entry signals on the GA and GS, so good to stay out.

What else do you look for entering the trad? I mostly just look at the sma and than wait for the price to reach the nearest support/resistance and than enter. I also am currently in a trade in aud/nzd weekly I saw the 50sma was down but the price had already gone down and I entered a little late (being greedy) I guess :p. Any recent trades that you took or are waiting for?

I normally wait to see some price action at those key support/resistance areas you mentioned, such as a pinbar, spinning top or other.

I have been out of the game for a bit now, mostly working (somewhat successfully) with purchased automated signals, but now that have a bit more time on my hands, I am revisiting RBT.

I have not entered any recent trades, but keen to get going again… I am watching the GBP pairs, as the SMA was going in the other direction and some PA was happening, now to see if they come good.

Well you miss out on trades if you are looking for these things and no doubt price action with RBT will make a good trade but I like to be in action I guess :stuck_out_tongue: look at the GBP/NZD pair the 50 SMA is in our direction and I guess a PB has also formed what do you think:

Just voted 5 stars. Love it. RJ, do you draw your own support and resistance lines?

I don’t thnik many people are trading this strategy and RJ doesn’t comment here as often as used to but he is still using this strategy last time he replied here. And support and resistance lines are to be drawn by yourself that’s the best for the long term and do you trade this strategy?

I just found the thread yesterday. It seems very straight forward and I like the daily charts so it seems like it would be a good fit for me.

oh that’s good to hear :slight_smile: and just a heads up that when the 50SMA is in the direction of the trade that is if we want to buy and the 50 SMA also is pointing upwards that reduces the risk of the trade as 99% the trades goes good but when the 50sma is flat it sometimes doesn’t go out well. that’s what I have observed.

Hi Aniskazi

I am watching GBP CHF on the 4hr today. Though short was at a resistance level, i am not good at SR. I was researching over the weekend the rubber band strategy and read about utilizing the Keltner bands So i have added that set to 50. I have also added a red and blue trend filter to confirm what we discussed about avoiding the flat 50MA and focusing on the MA when its trending in the direction of the trade. Also, a great little MACD where the color changes a bit to help confirm the new trend.

Yup looked like a good point to enter so did you place the trade? And I use just an stochastic indicator cross to enter with a support/resistance.

Yup, that would have been a good trade indeed, the PB confirmed the reversal in my eyes, so a good entry point would have been the break of it. Long to just under 2.0250, which is a BRN.

How do you pin point your entry points? Do you use the Bollinger Bands as bounce off point? Does it work? Is that the SMA as the middle band? Would you exit at that band, or sooner?

Any trades you are working on now?

Right now I’ve got exams so got less time to look at the markets and no no trade right now. And I use an stochastic indicator crossover to enter the market when the SMA is in our direction of SMA and yeah the bollinger bands top and bottom work good as support resistance I guess not much experience and the middle one is the SMA. How about you any trades for you going on or looking at something interesting?

I am watching USDCAD Daily right now. I am using the Keltner bands and the middle line is the 50MA. Right now the price is riding the 50MA. I would like to see it go below the bottom band which I am using as support. I also have the pattern recognition indicator loaded and I usually see some sort of candle signal which indicates a good point of entry.

So i will look for price to continue to go down and below the lower band before considering a long position that would bounce back to the 50MA and hopefully past to the upper band.

GBPUSD 4H also setting up for a short
EURGBP 4H looked good for a long but I missed that one. I would have gone long at the red line.

my char is a little different from yours the price is still a little away from the 50sma line and yeah this would be a good trade and you also trade from h4 TF?

Hi Aniskazi
This thread and concept is very new to me. For the next couple of weeks, maybe until January, I am going to watch the major pairs only for 4H and Daily and I am placing orders in a demo account. I may or may not continue with the 4H time frame in the new year. Right now, I see no reason not to but lets see how it goes watching going forward. I like the strategy, its pretty straight forward and seems to be enough action to keep me interested.