RULES + Welcome to the Introduce Yourself forum

Hi my name is Onyeka, I am from Nigeria, I am an Engineer. I have always had a spot Forex trading. Now presently I have taken up the challenge of going through the school. I want to take Forex as full time career, because I have always wanted be own my time.

1 Like

Hi Onyeka! :smiley: Welcome to the BabyPips community! Happy to have you here.

Iā€™m a newbie myself and still demo trading. Iā€™ve finished the school of pipsology but I read through it from time to time! :slight_smile: How far into the lessons are you? :smiley:

@Kachidollar

What field of engineering ? if i may ask

also FYI
our friend here @ria_rose is an emotional engineer
she can define a single emotion (any emotion) hehe
with AN EMOTICON LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Me ā€¦ i only have 1 Emotion ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:
thatā€™s it

Ria has an infinite number of emotionā€™s and if there is an emoticon that cannot describe how she is feeling.
she will get someone to code a new one for her :stuck_out_tongue:
hehe

Hey, im also from Ghana and i got advice for you. its quite simple, you cannot trade after 2 months, unless u want to throw away money. A good place to start is to go through babypips.comā€™s school of pipsology. stick to this, dont read other things until you are done with this.

Thanks man for your advice

Hi Yaā€™ll, A new newbie just landed a month ago :grinning:,

already made more losers than winners, itā€™s painful seing money leave my trading account pip by pip, iā€™ve learned a lot though in the past couple of weeks. so since i made many losses, each of which i take as a learning curve, i seem to have learned a lot. Still have a long way to go thoughā€¦

glad to be hereā€¦

in that learning curve, have you learned that you should be on a demo account and not live ?

Hello my name is Syntia, Iā€™m still new to trading. I am from Chicago but currently live in Atlanta. I have two boys and I enjoy being a mother which is what increased my interests in forex trading. I like the idea of being able to be at home with my kids and still make a decent living at the same time. My ultimate goal is to become an expert and pass this knowledge down to my boys as they get older. Itā€™s also great for retirement when you think long term. Iā€™m hoping to learn a ton from this group!

1 Like

@msperry
Hello Syntia my name is Martin,
i trade successfully , been in trading for 7 years

Mate, iā€™ll give you this bit of advice because i feel i can relate to you.

• My wife is in childcare, and i understand how parents have it .
    my wife has to make scrapbooks for parents that donā€™t have time to be home to watch their kids grow, because they have to work
    itā€™s sad,
    they literally watch their kids grow up in a scrap book
    THE MOMENTS that you want to treasure, they are not there for them,
    i understand , but itā€™s still sad

anywayā€¦ Point is ā€¦ I GET IT

My sister has 2 little boys, 11 and 13
when they hit 18 i am also going to do what you contemplate.
iā€™m going to teach my little nephews how to trade PROPERLY and be financially free
but NOT TO BABY THEM through life also

nowā€¦ i know how to trade, THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE

LET ME GIVE YOU THIS ADVICE

• First of all, you can plan their life all you want, but if they do not know how to collect their emotions and control it, THERE IS NO TRADING FOR THEM.
    and if they try they will lose everythingā€¦ I promise you that.

i am currently teaching the boys how to control anger, little by little, and how to control aggression, how to release it in a healthy way, how to not worry about things that donā€™t need to be worried about. HOW TO PROCESS STRESS.

this is more important than trading

• the IDEA of being at home with your kids while trading is beautifulā€¦ HOWEVER ,KEEP IN MIND that THAT IDEA does not turn into
    Mommy is at home crying in front of the computer or got the shytes because she just lost every penny she hadā€¦ ok

soā€¦ a beutufil thing can quickly turn into a bad thing
and it can go from
BEING HOME WITH THE KIDS AND ENJOYING THE QUALITY TIME WHILE EARNING A LIVING
to
BEING AT HOME WITH THE KIDS AND BEING BROKE AND LOST EVERYTHING
be careful. ok

• then YOU NEED TO BE CALM before trading

• Thenā€¦ you need to actually learn how to trade so you can teach them

• if you pull off the learning process and the emotional thingā€¦ Retirement will come quicker than you think
    i give it say 4 years after you LEARN (Assuming you do )

soā€¦ keep that in mind. ok

I hope it happens for you, but there are a lot of variables to consider before this takes off
donā€™t get caught in THATā€¦ WORK FROM HOME MUM CRAPā€¦ ok

if you want to know if forex worksā€¦ IT DOES
but in certain conditions and with a broker that will not stuff you around
thereā€™s a lot to consider

soā€¦ be careful and take careā€¦ ok

thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Hi there :slight_smile:

Iā€™m Dom. Iā€™m originally from Germany but Iā€™m currently living in the UK.
Iā€™m a Digital Product Designer and just recently stumbled upon Forex trading in general.

For me itā€™s probably even more interesting to get an understanding of the underlying complexities of the current trading products and platforms and to find areas that could potentially be improved.

Iā€™m really looking forward learning from all of you.

3 Likes

Hi Dom! :smiley: Welcome to the community! :slight_smile: Iā€™m guessing youā€™re also a newbie. Iā€™m a newbie myself! Haha. :stuck_out_tongue: And itā€™s been great here. I spent a lot of time on the school of pipsology here so you might also want to check that out for the basics. :nerd:

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Heero. Iā€™m originally from Indonesia but currently lives in Malaysia. Been trying to learn about trading my self and found this forum. Really hoping can be part of this community and go through the learning curve.

1 Like

Hi @Heero_5! Welcome to the BabyPips.com community! You will definitely learn a lot here in the forums but the best place to start is through the School of Pipsology. Have you had the chance to check it?

Good luck and see you around! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m a bit late on the welcome. :stuck_out_tongue: But, welcome to the BabyPips community @Heero_5! :smiley: Of course you could be part of this community! :blush: There are also a lot of helpful members here. I hope I could be one of them someday. :pray:

Just like what baemax has mentioned, the school here is a great forex education source! :nerd: :nerd:

Hello traders,

My name is Paul from the UK and very new to trading, demo traded for a while then decided to open a live account which has kept my finger nails short ever since. I have been trading on a live account for about 5 months and still use the demo account to try out new ideas. I originally started out looking into shares as somewhere to invest but somehow ended up with Forex.

I started out reading books, trawling the internet and I then discovered the school of pipsology which is perfect for beginners like me and have nearly completed it with the plan to probably go through it all again at least one more time.

I have also never posted or been a member of any forum before so hopefully all this has ended up in the right place and look forward to being part of the community.

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m a semi retired mature aged Forex student living in Australia. Iā€™m 9 years in the game. I have a lot of experience in seeing how markets behave and Iā€™ve tried, tested and traded a thousand possible systems. Iā€™ve system hopped from forum type systems to purchased systems and my own invented systems. What I have discovered for myself is that they all work and then they all donā€™t work referring to the the signals generated by the systems. The main problem I have is actually trading distraction free, and then getting up off the canvas and taking the next signal after or during a losing trade. I suppose taking the next step towards professionalism has its own set of demons like fear of failure and fear of losing breathing down your neck, this doesnā€™t help the cause.
Anyway Iā€™ve been and seen a lot of forums and blogs and this one is quite friendly so Iā€™ve come over to say hello and pick up a few tips, share some of my experiences, help out where possible and meet some like minded people and so on. BTW I completed the School of pipsology many years ago, it does have a different look to it today but I still recommend it to anyone that I meet that is wanting to learn forex.
Good day to allā€¦

2 Likes

Hi @pc1980! Welcome to BabyPips.com and thank you for sharing a bit introduction about your trading journey! I hope youā€™re enjoying your stay in the community. See you around! :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome @OutofWork66! Iā€™m happy to know that there are new experienced traders like you here in the forums because it means more members will help newbies like me!

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing you share your knowledge and skills with the rest of us here. See you around! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there.
Oh itā€™s such a wonderful introduction I have ever seen, especially from 600 years old Robot. :smile:
I am Anderson Smith, based on ON, CA. I got hooked up in Forex trading after learning about equity market. Iā€™m here for the purpose of being surrounded by well-experienced traders. I do have trading experience, but I would love to learn more about it here. And Iā€™d love to share my experience if needed.
Thatā€™s all about me. Thank you robot for such warm welcome and everyone whoā€™s reading this introduction. :slight_smile:

2 Likes