S&P 500 Trading US

Hello you very intelligent and amazing people, i do hope you are having a successful day and doing well.

I know that US stocks follow the S&P 500, which is a stock market index tracking the performance of 500 of the largest companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States. I do note that when the index is positive most stocks seem to follow this same trend. I was wondering if anyone please has tried using this to trade stocks by analysing the S&P 500 please? For instance buying when the S&P hits an all time low, or a monthly low please? Further does anyone have any trading techniques to look at when analysing the S&P 500 please, such as timeframes, volume etc please? If anyone kindly has any thoughts on this it would mean the world to me and i would be forever grateful.

Sending you lots of good wishes and i very much hope you have massive success in your trading. Look after yourself and all the very best.

they only “appear to” - just like prices sometimes appear to follow indicators when the truth is actually the other way round, in both cases: indicators are made from historical price movements, and the S&P is made up from the price movements of its 500 component companies

it looks attractive, maybe, but it’s actually a slight fallacy

if you want to try it at all, i strongly suggest doing so on a “sector-by-sector” basis

i think you’re asking mostly about fundamentals rather than technicals, so i can’t help you there, i’m afraid

fundamentals are an area where i know i can’t compete with the professional big players with their research departments, so i look at technicals, myself, sorry

good luck!

Hi, you can do own research to prove or deny this concept… Regards Greg