Safest minimum amount to start trade for beginner

Hmmm. :thinking: Very interesting since there are lots of varying recommendations. :thinking: I guess just to add, speaking from experience, it took me a while before I went live because I had to save up $300. I read on the school that you donā€™t want to trade with too little, but realistically, I canā€™t afford $500 and above so I went with $300. :blush: Looking back, maybe $100 wouldā€™ve been enough. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There is some demo account trusted you can join, must willing to learn so you can have a good and broad knowledge

if i start with smaller amount what is the best amount to start?

1 Like

Start with 0.01 volume and try to focus on risk to reward
Also, try not to focus on the dollar amount and pay attention to the number of pips you get or lose
good luck

A beginner should start with a balance of $0. Yep, thatā€™s right $0.

$0 is by far the safest amount.

Really, a beginner shouldnā€™t be thinking about trading any real money. A beginner needs to trade risk free using demo accounts. Only when theyā€™re profitable with a demo account should they move to real money. By the time theyā€™re ready for a real money account theyā€™ll no longer be a beginner.

1 Like

Your words soothe me a lot :sweat_smile: iā€™ve already overwhelmed with all of the good suggestion and advice, but really feel thankful for it.

Ah yes, itā€™s important to use legit broker right. Thank you for your suggestion, will look up on it! Anyway are you using this brokerage too?

Hi Pauley, iā€™ve already practice trade risk free using demo accounts for few months already. And now i think iā€™m ready for live trading account, but at the same time iā€™m not ready to afford losing high amount of money. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: This is the reason iā€™m asking for suggestion/point of view from others on the safest minimum amount to start trading.

Excellent.

How much money did you start with in the demo trading account and how much did you consistently make? What was you win to loss ratios etc?

not right now, really, because they donā€™t offer what i now trade, but ive used them on and off over many years, never had any problem with them at all, and know many others who would say the same (i do actually still have an account with them but almost never actually use it as i prefer to trade futures instead)

you can open an account there with the $25 you mentioned, for sure

if you do so, iā€™d advise you to trade position-sizes no bigger than 0.001 lots (one tenth of a micro-lot) in accordance with the good general principle that you should have $250 in an account to trade a microlot safely

I suppose an advantage of starting trading with low account capital is that it prevents you having many trades open at the same time.

If you want to run a dozen trades at once, this will require a lot of margin, so a small account means fewer running positions. This means you have far less monitoring and decision-making, which means far less fiddling and making errors.

The fewer positions you have open, the fewer currency news flows you are exposed to. If you have positions open involving all 8 major currencies, central bank, inflation and unemployment news is going to be hitting you in waves from round the world. This increases risk.

Just as important it reduces the likelihood that you will have two trades open at the same time on highly correlated pairs. This can either neutralise your profits or double your risk, so its definitely something to avoid.

1 Like

The safest minimum depends on how much you trust your system. For me I destroyed more than 50 accounts from $100 to $1,000, just when I felt confidence in my system, I put 1,000 in my account to be destroyed, but one day I figure it out and put 1,000 in my account and never look back.

1 Like

Scared money never makes money.

1 Like

are those $500 is really the minimum amount for a starter trading? worth it?