Same Pairing same Date Same Chart time different Number

I have been looking at Forex .com and another Forex Broker, and not only are the OPEN HIGH LOW and Close numbers completely different but on one platform the same bar is bullish and on the other it is bearish…why is that??

Chances are you are looking at the daily charts. If the brokers are in different time zones and therefore close their daily charts at different times: you will see this anomaly. This can affect all charts above the 1-hour chart as well.

Some brokers also have Sunday bars while others do not. Sunday bars are an issue because they only reflect maybe an hour or twos worth of price movement but an indicator has no way on knowing this and takes the Sunday bar as an entire day’s worth of data. Even if trading with pure price action a Sunday bar is an issue and should be ignored.

I was looking at 4 hr chart and a 15-mintue charts major diffferance between Forex.com and LMFX.com

1 Like

4-hour I could possibly understand for the reasons given. Not 15-minute though.

Post charts maybe and I can compare for you on two or three other live accounts with different platforms and data feeds???

Are they ALL different or just one instance of a particular 15-minute bar???

Of the two though: I’d go with Forex.com if those were your only two options. Forex.com belongs to Gain Capital and who used to be the FOREX provider for TradeStation Securities.

Not that they SHOULD differ though. But that’s retail spot FOREX for you.

just understand that different broker provide different quote to their client cuz they are all OTC & their system are various from 1 another.

it’s the same logic as when you go to the bank to exchange currency physically, they will quote you way higher than money exchanger in the city and you might get an even better rate from exchanger in the town.