Samurai Channel

Huascar,

Another winner, 12 pips. I still have a second contract running at the time of this writing. I added a second contract after it retraced. I used the 15 minute for trend and the one minute for entry.

10 of 11 trades, 96 pips

Greg

Great stuff, Gregg Jones. Thanks for the visuals.

Tony,

Are you trading, this strategy? I’m having good luck with it but there is not much discussion about it.

Thanks,
Greg

I trade using some of the same rules. I’m more of a day trader using 4 hour charting setups with a mix of other strategies. This is similar to one I use.

Additional note: I learned from another mentor trader that less is more so I’m not fond of using too many indicators because my sense of market direction and judgement is sometimes clouded with too many of them.

pretty nest system huascar, thanks for sharing. i’ll be testing out over the next couple days and hopefully learn from you guys.

where can i find this oscillator?

Hi Greg,

Nice use of the SC for your scalping method, i’m not yet into it, still on higher TF but haven’t been trading much because of my job and also getting the indicator for signals of KS break :wink: (i’m no code master, but will be trying my best). Hopefully i will get it ready tonight and then post it here to help others like me that don’t have much screen time to at least get the email/notification when the KS is broken.

About this chart, i can see the channel and the KS clearly, but the other indicators might confuse the viewing of the trade, it would be great if you post them as clean as possible, but please keep posting, i really appreciate your time testing this system and have shown me and everyone that scalping is also doable with th SC.

Have a nice day and congratulations on your trades!

Sorry but still working on indicator, but at least i was able to take one trade today on EURUSD, i took a look to the 15M chart a beautifull rejection of the KS.

Trade details:
Entry: 1.2956, SL: 1.2972 + spread, TP: 1.2930+spread, TP got hit almost by the pip.

Might wait now for a break of the 15M KS as this trade was a retracement of the main trend to the upside as noted on the 4H chart, price is trying to get through the channel, but we will have to wait for price to tell us where is heading.

Have a nice day.

You have a very nice strategy. I’m very impressed I’m having tremendous results. The line to me is the key with S/D and S/R and dynamic s/r it’s perfect. The other guy making all those pips here with it is right. This isn’t luck ,it’s a great way of trading that is simple and effective. Most of the times the systems are sub par and the trader trading it in their own way makes the big difference. This is a above average system ,a below average trader can make pips with this. YOU DID IT! CONGRATULATIONS!
I have 8 years of trading experience so I been around the block a little bit.

Hey huascar, thanks for the strategy, have been following since day 1 (attempting it on 15 minute chart). Success overall has been reasonably good, I am still experimenting with stop placement. At the moment I am placing the stop on the lower band of the channel which works ok but not ideal. I have written a custom indicator for the kinjun-sen that just does a simple (high + low /2) over x amount of periods plot if it is of any use (can help with ea when I have spare time also) - the only thing I am struggling to grasp is in your entry rules where the price retraces back to the channel. If the candle closes above the ks and the previous candle closes under it (and the channel is below it) how would waiting for a retrace to the channel help or am i mixing myself up. Anyway thanks.

jj7000,
Thanks for your kind words, its very nice to have feedback from other traders either is positive or constructive ;). In your case, with those years of experience, those positive comments about my strategy, its really an honor, thanks.

I feel really good, because i’m finally returning something to this community by helping others.

Let’s keep the good job and please, feel free to post your trades.

Have a great day!

Hi, first, thanks for following the system and been able to test it, i appreciate your comments. About the indicator, sure, i think it might help other to get the line right away, just for confirmation you got (Highest high + lowest low) /2 over the X periods.

Now about the stop loss, are you setting it with the farthest line from entry, i mean, it could be the KS or (top/bottom of channel), also i give a room of 5 pips. On 15 mins chart i guess it would be necesary to change a bit this stop loss placing, as i haven’t tested it much on that TF, Greg Jones might give us his feedback about it as he has and excellent rate on lower TF with the SC.

On the other hand, about the retracement, i use the bounce or rejection from the channel where it is clearly above the KS and we see a bar pattern telling us price is continuing its way on the previous direction. You can scan the charts in post #49 and take a look on both TF where that bounce has occurred:
15M: price broke down at 4:00 then you see a small retracement, might add to the first, but was too close to previous entry. The real rejection was given at 9:30am after those wicks piercing the KS but then closing below the channel, that was actually where i entered short :).

4H: price clearly broke down on nov/01 (in that entry you would like to put your SL above the high of that wick a couple of bars before just to give some room), if you missed that then your opportunity was given on thar bearish engufing on nov/06 (failed attempt to break KS) that closed just 1 or 2 pips inside the bottom of the channel (as you see, price action is what give the go, those lines are references where price might react), then another entry was on nov/08, clear down slope from the channel and the price exhausting around the middle of it.

I hope you have understood the concept about the rejection/bounce, it is not an automatic setup, sometimes is very clear (huge pin bars, engulfing bars) but always you should take into consideration the slope of the channel it could save you of false bounce as you might see around the circle i drew, i said it was a level to watch, what happened next: price did not bounced off the channel but of the KS and now is back up through the channel where i went long with a small position at 1.2949 see chart below. You should wait for the price to lead you! :wink:

Sorry about the long post, have a nice day.

Hey mate thanks for the detailed reply appreciated. I will try and get my head around it. I have been following greg but he has some experience under his belt. I am a big fan of the channel as a newbie - seems to show sideways markets on both 15 and 30. I will post my next live trade(i do trade live but 3 trades in 4 months or so). Thanks again.

Edit just to clarify I did read up on the indicator on kumotrader, your thread was the first to introduce it to me so I understand the entire indicator and why I wrote a custom one just to pull it out instead of hiding the rest.

SC Crew,

Huascar, great post. I dropped two out my last three trades so I’m 11 of 14. It is great to see more people joining in the strategy. To me it is very helpful in my trading to read the comments.

Greg

SC Crew,

Another winner. Now I’m 12 of 15 trades on the the early morning USA scalping of the EUR/USD usning the SC.

The chart did not come out very clear but I think it still might be of interest. I trade on FXCM and use Thinkorswim for charting. This chart has four sections, 2 minute, 5 minute, 10 minute and 15 minute. The idea in a trending market is to look for dips in the smaller time frames. In this trade the price bars actually dipped below the Kijun line in the 2 and 5 minute charts while staying above the Kijun line in the 10 and 15 minute charts.

This strategy can be used in longer time frames.

I really get a great deal out of seeing chart that are posted by the readers in this Forum.

Greg

Great post, clearly showing we can even trade the retracements on lower timeframes! Really liked this post Greg! Thanks.

Well on the other hand, the trade traken on post #53 hit nicely 21 pips profit, could have tried for more, but i’m learning that greed is our worst enemy.

Have a nice day!

Why don’t you trade higher time frames instead. I trade only 6hr charts and daily charts. That way I hardly ever miss my trade signals and I get fewer false signals.

You could trade higher time frames instead. I trade only 6hr charts and daily charts. That way I hardly ever miss my trade signals and I get fewer false signals.

Did anyone trade today?