Samurai Channel

propipsy,

Yes, but it is listed in my forum strategy 10/20. It turns out that the center Donchian Channels is almost the same as the KS line in the SC strategy. I enter on dips or pop ups in a trend virtually the same way I was applying the SC strategy. I think the SC strategy is great and I’m not suggesting anybody change.

Thanks.
Greg

Hi folks. Have been following your progress and thought I would post one of my trades using your system. I have used the 4hr timeframe as I am a busy boy and I think is a nice steady way to trade. My stop loss is 62 pips, (below the channel and KS), my risk is 1% of my account. I will move my stop to break even soon and will follow the trade with my trendline. I will either close the trade when price breaks the trendline or I will change to heken ashi and close when I have a candle colour change. I will post my trades when I can. Would be nice if folks could post their trades too, especially on the higher time frames. (would give others an opportunity to take advantage of the trade too). I like the system because it has very simple rules. Good luck to you all!

Hello again. Here is another trade. AUDCAD pair, 4hr timeframe, I entered the trade after some hours of consolidation, so not sure if that was such a good thing. Stop loss is 40 pips and 1% of my account. Trade is going against me at the moment, price may well bounce off my trendline, let’s see how we go. Will keep you posted.

Hi Huascar,
Thanks for this wonderful system. I a newbie and find this very interesting.

Can you explain the entry rules a little better?
For a long trade on a break of the KS line. It needs a clean break and close past the KS line with the preceding candle closing below? And the preceding candle must be completely below from open to close? Just looking at charts it seems that momentum is not needed so the previous candle doesn’t need to be a bull candle or is that wrong? And you enter at the close of the breaking candle to trade aggressively and at the close of a confirmation candle to trade conservatively.
For your conservative break I dont understand the retracement path. If the KS line is above the channel you are looking for it to break above and then back below to rebound off the channel before you enter long?
To enter off rejection of the KS line, any rejection of the KS line followed by a candle reversal pattern or large pin bar is considered a valid entry?
If i am right about the above then the only role the channel plays is to reject retracements. But going through the charts from this thread it seems discretionary which rejections are used to enter on.
It seems like you put a lot of work into this so i would just like to understand it a little better if you have time.

The SC continues to pay off as these two winners show. The pull back within a trend is my favorite trade. I have found that keepin it simple works best. I mostly use the 5, 15 and 30 minute charts.

Trading rules…
Don’t overtrade
Trade just the EUR/USD
Keep targets reasonable for consistent wins

Greg

Hi everyone, first wanted to apologize for not being active this past few days, but i’m on vacation and only got a couple of hours to watch the forums and the charts.

I thank you all for dedicating some of your time to the system.

I’ll be back next tuesday from my trip. Wish you all a great week.

Hi nubs, nice questions, i like that, it helps others understand the system better every time there is an opportunity to add something that helps clarify the concepts.

First i would talk about the KS, it is the main part of the system, i even tried alone at first but then was having problems entering the market after a trend had initiated, that’s where i brought the channel and by doing with high, close and low, you can filter ranging markets and also the power of the trend we might say (slope).

About the conservative entry, the channel should be above for long and below for short of the KS, as i’m expecting the price after breaking the line comes back and test it, but i repeat you can trade on the KS break only, the higher the TF the less risk of immediate reverse you have.

You said that entries where somehow discretionary on retracements (rejections), and i can say yes, but what tells you when to enter is the confirmation by price action when you find a reverse or continuation pattern. You should se this channel as a reference where price tend to react, but is not an automatic entry for retracements. An example is the pin bar you put on your post, if it is a failed attempt to break KS, the yes you can enter on the close of that pin.

I hope u get the idea behind the SC. Feel free to ask anything else you might want to know.

Have a nice day!

Enjoy yourself

Hi zip,

Thanks for your post on this pair not listed, i checked that chart and could have gotten 1:1.1 RR, would like to know how it ended for you.

No trades presented themselves overnight, but this am on the one hour chart there was a nice pullback. The chart shows the five minute chart for entry resulting with a 17 pips gain.

Greg

To Huascar for sharing this system of yours.

To Greg for keeping the thread interesting with your trades.

You guys have given me hope as I am new to trading. Just started in beginning of the year 2012. Blow my first live account 6 months ago and now have been trying all kinds of systems doing demo. When I first saw this system SC, I viewed it with a bit of skepticism as I have tried the Ichimoku indicator but not very successful as I found it to have too many lines and can be confusing to newbie like me. I am currently testing this SC on demo and find it to be quite simple to follow and easy and clear to see. Only need patient and not greedy which I am still trying to learn.
Thank you once again and wishing everyone great trading and blessed holiday sessions.

topprize,

After I read your comments I went back and checked my last 30 trades, 21 out of 30 for 66%. SC is great. SC got me back on track. With the improved trading I went back to my old forum posting of Strategy 10/20 and I found that the SC Kijun was almost the same as my Donchain Channel center line. Now I kind of merge the concepts of both strategies and it seems to be working for me. I currently post comments in both the SC and Strategy 10/20.

Additional key elements in trading to me are:
Don’t trade too much. For me one or two trades in a 24 hour period.
One currency pair the eur/usd.
Reasonable targets for consistent profits.

To me the Holy Grail or successful trading is not the strategy, but rather the implementation and management of the trading strategy. Constantly searching for a new indicator or combinations of indicators is a dead end. The price action traders are the best in my mind. The power of the SC is in it’s simplicity. The K line is a good focus point for trading.

Huascar helped me refocus on price action. The SC gives a structure to understand price action.

I find posting comments helpful in thinking through my trading process.

Greg

Thanks Greg, and Huascar…I am a newbie, not yet blown too much but have been ‘constantly searching’ . I think I’ll concentrate on this system for a while and ignore all the others. Thanks for sharing your hard work.

I’ve been trading it on the smaller time frames when I get the chance. Today’s long on the aud/jpy I probably got a little bit greedy and didn’t monitor the candle closing below the regression-channel (most likely would’ve closed the order then with all the negative yen news)

Entry on the 15 minute chart - the 30 minute chart had just had a close above the KS (channel was below it) when I initially got in (MACD was just turning positive and the channel was heading up).

Stop moved up to lock in 1 pip when KS was heading up.

Stopped out, didn’t monitor the trade closely (As I was meant to be doing my actual job :30:)

Result

2/2 for me but from the yen pairs.

This long on the eur/usd paid about 7 pips on the first two contracts. The are two more contracts that have a stop now at B/E and a target of about 25 pips.

Greg

I’m curious how are you compensating for news related events or are they just irrelevant now?

Hey Tansen, I generally don’t trade SC along side any news (-/+) - For me its just the yen pairs where there seems to be to much of a sideways market shortly after and before major news(no science the market just seems to be deciding if the news is bad or good after the initial spike). I do trade shorter time frames whereas huascar trades longer - 4hr+ i believe with a recommended SL of 80-100 pips which might eliminate being stopped out on most news on most pairs.

I did forget to add, SC really is at the trader’s discretion kind of system as Greg has mentioned. Which I guess includes news :stuck_out_tongue: Back to watching the charts…

Oh I’m just wondering if he ironed out some of the bugs because it feels like you could potentially program this