Samurai Channel

I do have a sloppy custom indicator which just tells me that that previous bar closed above the KS and the bar before that closed under it. I haven’t included the channel in it which I do plan to do. I can still eyeball it on the shorter time frames so I don’t think it would be much of use but let me know.

The news is already discounted by traders prior to the final release. I happen to be a pretty short term trader so the news is not an issue for me. I do however pay attention to the markets overnight through Benzinga free marker primer that comes out early am.

I don’t trade into Fridays and do not hold trades over the weekend. I’m primarily a short term EUR/USD trader who trades pullbacks within trends as I explain in Strategy 10/20. The SC has opened my eyes to more flexible setups using the 34 line. Critical to trading is the time of the day. I like the monitor the eur/usd starting at about 7:20 ET or my time at 4:00 am PT. This is just before things get busy in the New York Market and London is still active. I also pay attention to the pre London open.

Greg

Hey Greg, I will have a look at you 10/20 strat. News is not discounted by the retail traders in my opinion. This is where you see large losses/gains or Russian roulette to say.

Hi Tansen,

I agree with the comment left by dan82au, when you trade on higher timeframes like 4h usually the breaks of KS are very good and the market might keep its direction even with the “noise” of the news. I’m not saying that this system is news-proof, but unless the big fundamental picture changes the SC trades on higher TF are good by themselves.

When we talk about shorter TF, you should pay more attention to the price action and its behavior around the SC lines, where you trigger the trade by confirmation of price action.

About the progamming of an EA i stop testing it mainly because i found that some escenarios would include decision of the trader and got complicated. If you know about programming i can post the EA i was trying to adjust to SC.

Have a nice day.

Hi everyone, i’m glad to see new traders coming and sharing their thoughts and ideas.

After a week off on vacation, finally back to trading. I decided to try lowering my TF at least to 15 mins, but still work in progress. Greg posts has helped a lot on that. But i still screen my 4h, i will start posting my trades with detailed explanation so we all keep learning and sharing.

Greg, i have suscribed to your thread, to get a better understanding of your scaing strayegy and its relation to SC that i’m so glad it has helped you.

On the other hand, i,m almost done with the alert indicator, but still needs some work.

Have a nice day

Today trade posted on Greg thread 10/20, it was taken after a clear rejection of the channel mid line around 1.3009 with sl below the ks at 1.2965 and TP on the next visible resistance around 1.3075, personally like round numbers and set it at 1.3080, it hit full profit :).

A few hours later.

Hi fellow traders, this morning when i was looking at the EURUSD, found that last night was a good opportunity, but i rarely trade the asian session.

For illustration purpose i attach the chart of the possible trade anyone following this strategy could have taken.

Hope this helps understanding some of the triggers for entry on bounce/rejection. :wink:

Please feel free to comment, as always much appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Huascar,

Here it is your method on a 3 hour time frame. Note rejection.

36 pips x 4 contracts.

Greg

At the moment my finished EA doesn’t include the channel ( I do have it in my current EA but I need to test it a lot more across more pairs ) I do have this EA not including the channel forward testing and hope to have the indicator and EA ready in a few more weeks so people following the system can help develop. The fxbook link is no_chan_sam System | Myfxbook for it disregarding the channel and channel rejection rules. The channel however in the current EA looks promising but still at the traders discretion.

I have seen the results on your Myfxbook page although is too early to know for sure, the results are pretty nice :35:. I’m looking forward to see the next few month of test of this EA.

Btw, merry Xmas to everyone! Wish you a great holiday!

See you all around!

Hey huascar, At the moment I only let it put one trade in per day. I did stop it running(probably till the new year). It’s essentially your samurai system however it picks up entry from the 15 minute chart and gets confirmation from the 30 minute chart before it places the trade (same rules for both 15 minute and 30 minute tf). Backtesting does reveal it doesn’t pickup as many trades as I would like but it is just a basic template for me to hack away at. However I have not deviated to much from the system and hopefully get the channel (bit tricky) incorporated soon. Merry Christmas.

Hello fellow traders, first i want to wish you all a happy and great new year, that in the coming 2013 we can accomplish our goals, here in forex and other areas.

Now back into the SC, i have been out in these season because time is shorter for me, but in the next year that’s one goal: more active trading.

See you all next year, be safe. Have a nice day!

Hi everyone, hope you all had an excellent and joyful holiday season, now back to our business.

I’m posting a trade just took now after seen rejection of price from the channel by that pin bar. Let’s see how it ends. Stop loss just above KS. TP is 1:1.

Ahh is on 15M chart, trying out that TF.

TP hit, good start. :wink:

Hi,huasar,
Pls adv if the system is to wait for prc to pass the SC b4 Enter? Noticed the PinBar rejection was below KS n within the upper range of SC but hasnt crossed below the SC yet.
Hope for yr adv if the system rules hv changed n kindly adv which post I can read up on the new application rules. tq.

Hi,huasar,
Pls adv if the system is to wait for prc to pass the SC b4 Enter? Noticed the PinBar rejection was below KS n within the upper range of SC but hasnt crossed below the SC yet.
Hope for yr adv if the system rules hv changed n kindly adv which post I can read up on the new application rules. tq.

Hi eralinks,

I had edited the first post indicating the example and explanation on post #53. But referring to your question and observation about if there had been changesto the main rules, there had been none, I might had not explained this entry the best way, but this was a rather anticipated entry, you could have waited for a more conservative approach (price closing within lower range of SC or fully below it).

I took this entry without waiting for the close below SC mainly because as i trade the 1H chart, it had already a “Well defined” downtrend.

I hope this trade didn’t bring any further confusion about the main/basic rules, but it did taught me to be more specific when posting my charts, but this one was from my mobile.

Any question please, let me know. Thanks.

Hi Huascar,
Tks for yr answer.

Huascar,

I’m just checking in. I hope you are doing well in your trading. I’m still at it. Although I mostly use the 10/20 Strategy I keep your chart next to mine. I primarily use the Sammari to note rejections and bounce off support.

If you have time check out my posting in 10/20. My work is consistent with your efforts. I have narrowed the time period, the currency and the target and stop resulting in a recent 80 percent win rate over the last 22 trades. That is mostly just one trade a day and some days no entries.

If you are interested in the details let me know. For me trading is a lonely business and I really respect your work.
After 4 years of trading Forex I have gained traction. Trading Forex is brutal business but it is possible to make money.

Greg

PS I use your 34 setting with the Dochain Channel.

Hi Greg, i’m glad you are doing good with your system, i have seen your posts. Congrats, great work there.

As of me this year, i got to tell you i need to work on a time span for trade, this week i realised i needed to work on specific time, because i share this trading with my day job and is getting things a bit hard.

I have made an indicator, basic one, that will start using next week and see how it goes.

But i really would like to know better your trading style on short time frames.

Keep the good work! Have a nice weekend.