SARS-like virus from China now in S. Korea! :(

Live stream of the hospital getting built for ncov patients in Wuhan, China.

Excerpt –

“For a long time I thought the market sentiment was so strong that we could overcome a mounting list of economic uncertainty,” El-Erian said on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” program. “But the coronavirus is different. It is big. It’s going to paralyze China. It’s going to cascade throughout the global economy.

cartoon from the San Diego Union-Tribune

cartoon - 33

And just like that, people have already forgotten about this virus and are carrying on with their lives, business as usual.

:frowning: :frowning: Have you heard antyhing about this? :frowning: I hope those that were on this cruise ship had some sort of protection to prevent the virus from spreading even more. :frowning:

They said this nCov is not as bad as SARS when it comes to the mortality rate, but it’s alarming that it’s still going up. :frowning:

Given the super limited time for this, I doubt this would be a place with the quality needed to properly quarantine people. :frowning: :confused: Idk.

That’s true! :frowning: Huhuhu. If I remember correctly, you’re also from the Philippines, right? :frowning: And it’s just frustrating how easy it was for our people to forget about the risks linked to this virus. :open_mouth: People are no longer wearing face masks and people are no longer very thorough in sanitizing their hands. :frowning: Huhu.

Another doctor in Wuhan died from the novel coronavirus :pensive:

I have so much respect for these medical professionals. :open_mouth: I know this won’t do much but I really hope that everything gets better soon.

True. They are risking their own lives everyday.:frowning:

Do you think the stats out of China are being under reported? Comparing coronavirus deaths to US flu deaths, they pale in comparison. The US isn’t in a downward spiral. Why is coronavirus different and hitting the Chinese economy so hard?

There is another thread on this coronavirus topic that you should read.

It will probably answer some of your questions.

2 Likes

Hospital director in Wuhan does from virus. Most senior medical worker to die in China.

Crazy stat from the article.

“According to analysis by CNN of Chinese government orders, some 780 million people are still living under some form of restrictive movement, including all of Hubei, the northeastern province of Liaoning, and China’s two most important cities, Beijing and Shanghai. Restrictions include everything from self-quarantines to limits on who can come and go from neighborhoods”

That’s insane.

Found this map from Johns Hopkins univ that frequently updates cases from around the world. You can also zoom into specific clusters.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

So that number from the picture above is now 89254. So that’s 18% increase in 11 days. Deaths are up 43% in the same time. Man, this thing is moving. I’m getting ads for face masks all over the place!

This was just reported. US deaths are now at 6.

U.S. death toll climbs to 6 as viral crisis eases in China
https://news.yahoo.com/patients-fill-hospitals-more-places-065652817.html

Holy crap 6 now.

Are ya’ll seeing crazy lines at your Costco/Target?

That’s funny you ask. Just got off the phone with a family member who said, “Go to Costco and stock up!” I’m going tomorrow to see how Costco looks,but no, no stocking up on anything.

Our Target here is fully stocked. Then again we’re not in WA…

Oh no. :frowning: :frowning: And it’s continuing to rise? What is the response of your government to this? :frowning: