Saudi pivot towards BRICS

Kim Dotcom made a tweet regarding this a couple of days back.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1590633460032737282

I don’t pay much attention to mainstream media, so I don’t know whether this has been given much coverage or not. My guess would be that it hasn’t, because Western Media don’t really like to focus on anything that actually constitutes a real and genuine fundamental driver of foreign policy decisions.

But this is huge. If allowed to progress, this brings the whole House of Cards of the US financial hegemony crashing down.

The US will not sit idly by and allow this to happen.

The whole Russia Ukraine thing has made a few things clear, US is not the superpower anymore, the way MBS has ditched Biden in the recent times is a clear indication that old allies are not on the same page. US is trying to build pressure on countries that didn’t condemn Russia’s action in Ukraine, but the response given by those countries is not what US had expected. BRICS may not be a big thing today, but if the countries included in this forum play their cards well, it can be an alternative to the US-backed IMF in years to come.

Saudi Arabia joining BRICS will benefit Russia and other countries in the forum but it will weaken the bond with the US. And president Biden already seems unhappy with them for showing interest in BRICKS. Don’t know what the US will do in response but one thing is for sure that the USD won’t remain as strong a currency it is now.